PDA

View Full Version : Older members

Lou2006
23rd February 2007, 11:46
and by older i mean site veterans....
where have they all gone? i've seen the thread on cyriel but when i started here it was dominated by nordic folk like killbill and denimdestroyed my life etc
anyone know where any of the older members have got to, and why they left?~

cameland
23rd February 2007, 11:56
lou youre right man. all of them are gone. when i was here yeah ddml was here alot and so was batman and....who else...epilogue and.....gees i cant think of their names but yeah a lot of them are gone.

batman still posts every now and then and ddml is on superfuture a lot now days you can catch him there.

now it seems to be dominated by nudie joch and bilmaga along with eric and tiro.

very strange indeed.

M!ch
23rd February 2007, 12:57
I guess that's the way it goes throughout life, people come... people go... some come back, some don't and some stay forever...
Some of the 'oldtimers' i haven't seen around in a while yeah, and personally i think it's a shame, i don't know why it has happened.
Maybe it's because Nudie is bringing out mainly slim and tight styles nowadays and that's not anyones cup of tea.
I do think the vibe nowadays is a bit different than what it used to be... can't really put my finger on it.

cameland
23rd February 2007, 13:14
yeah back when i was just a lurker it seemed a little different.

Nudie-joch.
23rd February 2007, 13:17
this is to bad, if you have a look at the members section you see a lot of members that made a account but never where online..

and of course..the members who posted a lot of comments but never ever came online again :(

kilbill where are you :roll: , would be nice if all these people came back online again en told us about there Nudie `s...

mlee is back!!! :D

Lou2006
23rd February 2007, 13:28
i wonder if this also has anything to do with the international trend,
for instance, there are prob more aus folk here and less euros..
has nudie become a more southern hemisphere based trend?
is this reflected in there being more skinny styles by nudie now too?
where have all the cowboys gone~

starcora
23rd February 2007, 13:34
I bought my first Nudie in the year 2004 (flare Glenn)
At that time there was a guy named Uzzi whit a really great collection of Nudie stuff. I wanted to have a lot off Nudie's to

Now i have 7 Flare Glenn's, 6 RR's 2 Conny's, named it.
For me its not so special anymore. In 2004 it was!
So, when you get what you want the fun is over!?

In the beginning there where al lot pre-washed guys.
Later the tone on this forum changed in: great guy when youre wearing dry, loser when wearing pre-washed. I never liked that.
Maybe that's why a lot off the older members have gone.

Lou2006
23rd February 2007, 13:36
maybe.....
but all the key players when i was ghosting round her (since 2005)
seemed to swear by dry's...
after all, why write in a forum about your jeans that wont change from the day of purchase?~

starcora
23rd February 2007, 13:50
Maybe?
Youre reaction proves i'm right

DoitsuJin
23rd February 2007, 13:59
well star, if you think about it, it makes a bit of sense. the website is aptly named "mynudies", so isn't a easily customizable dry pair of jeans more appropriate? dry jeans seem to have been predominantly popular at this website, but at the same time we all acknowledge nudies isn't a brand without the prewashes

older people may have dissappeared cause of hwat you said, "when you get what you want the fun is over!?" :P

Lou2006
23rd February 2007, 14:05
i never intended anyone to be a loser by the kind of jeans they buy! this is a free forum and you can wear and post what you like...
just as nudies dry philosophy goes, most here wear dry too~

Nudie-joch.
23rd February 2007, 14:11
prewashed jeans also ROCKS! they also fade! thnx. to the prewashes most of us got themself into a pair of Nudie.. :wink:

Lou2006
23rd February 2007, 14:13
true that!
my first nudies were natural worn FGs. and they have faded in their own way. but we know you cant beat a well-broken dry, eh what, eh what~

Epilogue
23rd February 2007, 14:58
When I came along there we were hardly about not more than 50 people. We discussed like normal people, it was so small and you could always drink your coffee while writing with others because of your love for your Nudies. It was like a little tea time at 17 o'clock. Everyone was fine and gentleman like. Today I come in here, there are 100000 posts of which 98% are useless. 10000 posts about questions that were already asked 10000 times. It's ok, I mean everyone starts but for us veterans it's like oh new posts Zzzzzzzzz.... there's nothing interesting anymore. A flood of useless boring posts. That's why the most left. Than Nudie has become too popular. You don't feel special anymore, that's the second reason. I don't feel like discussing here anymore but putting my posts out to the big whole world and perhaps some people will notice it. The third aspect are the ultimate fashion victims. I mean Nudie is also fashion ok, but we were dedicated to rock somehow. No shitty Dolce and Gabbans, no stupid Dior and the hell knows what. In my opinion these brands are for little Paris Hiltons and people like that. Zombies buying everything that's expensive and ugly. The fourth aspect were the Nudie fanboys. It has become a little less in the last time, but there was a time where you could not mention criticism on anything that was related to Nudie. I felt like between little kids. Well here you go. It's ok that Nudie has a lot of fans now, but let's face it, the magic is gone and I have lost the overview. Still these and Levis are the only jeans brands that I wear.

Nudie-joch.
23rd February 2007, 15:03
Epilogue is right :wink: ..

for me i was already searching on mynudies before i became a member, but there are so many on-useful posts, there are coming more and more members on mynudies this is fine with me but, this also means that there become more and more topics that are already been discussed!

cameland
23rd February 2007, 15:24
i agree with epilogue.

yeah i can understand what it feels like to answer newby questions over and over again, it can get boring but thats just the way life is.

ExileOnMainStreet
23rd February 2007, 15:34
No shitty Dolce and Gabbans, no stupid Dior and the hell knows what. In my opinion these brands are for little Paris Hiltons and people like that.

you cant honestly tell me you think Nudie has better dry/raw denim than Dior?
Nudie seems like a good gateway jean into dry denim, I live in Canada and where Im from I see no-one, and i mean not one person wearing Nudies - so maybe I dont get the overexposure sickness that you guys are getting?
I only own two pairs of Nudies and will probably never buy Nudie again, it's alright but theres so much more selection to choose from, to own like 15 pairs of Nudies and no other brands its just being flat out bias.
(If your wondering Im gonna go for the Okinawas next)

NudieDK
23rd February 2007, 16:04
I understand Epiloques "frustations", even though Im one of the new ones.
However you cant expect every single post to be unique and exciting? The statement that 98% of the posts are useless is rather exaggerated, but obviously there are many repetitions with sizes and so on. Apparently not everyone searches the entire forum looking for threads to answer their question, but I think that new ones, just want to be real sure before buying jeans that costs about 200 USD, so they want some kind of certainty through communication with forum members with real experience. Maybe im saying a lot of rubbish here :D

But I fully understand that veterans are getting bored of this.

toszie
23rd February 2007, 18:43
I still read alomsot everything on the board. And it is ok like this. When I have something to tell you guys I will tell. I know what Ep means too.

denihilist
23rd February 2007, 19:14
but I think that new ones, just want to be real sure before buying jeans that costs about 200 USD, so they want some kind of certainty through communication with forum members with real experience. Maybe im saying a lot of rubbish here :D

But I fully understand that veterans are getting bored of this.
Yeah, I think that's a pretty true statement. It's sad when the people on the internet know more about a product than the sales people, though that's what I experienced when I bought my RRDS. Helping people with their questions will bring them back to the board.

Basically I don't think you can have it both ways. I don't think you can have this board become a vibrant community without all of the sizing questions that get repeated ad nauseum. I also think the board is too small to warrant all of the subforums. While I understand the desire to keep each line in its own section, it gives the feeling that the board is 'slow.' Maybe breaking it into groups closer to the photo gallery would help.

Just a thought.

stiewie
23rd February 2007, 19:14
Hey, i'm stil here!
I joined july 2004 and still online almost everyday.
Really enjoy all the posts reading and sometimes give my reaction or answer to a question.
like i wrote earlier i don't think you have to react on every post, like some members do, i don't!
It still 'feels" like an online-place at home, especially after the death of Tobe. This forum was the place where we got to know eachother.

I guess, it's quite normal people come and go, like in the normal world, because of different reasons. Nothing is forever!

Nudie is still a part of my life:pants, friends and pleasure :!:

Epilogue
23rd February 2007, 21:44
I never said Nudie is boring now, no no, I still love them (though I am not really interested in the new cuts, perhaps Grim Tim or Average Joe will change it. It will depend on what Nudie will make of it, you know if selvage or nor bla bla) it's just the excitement in discussing them that felt behind, hehe. It's kind of.....let me explain it this way: in the past I told everyone "look my new jeans isn't it kewl? I like it bla bla" and wanted to share this feeling with other Nudie fans, today I just wear them, hehe. It's nothing special anymore as many have them but I still love them. There is no other cut like the RR in selvage on the world and that's still something special :) Nor am I again new people, it's their right to ask question, I mean I would either if I would discover Nudie now, hehe. I am just kind of grown up.

To the Dior thing: I don't know if they are better, fact is for me they are ugly and yes I trully hate such brands (D&G, Dior blink blink shit) because: Every time I see advertisement for such brands I nearly have to vomit (just my opinion guys, so no offend against people who like it). They always show woman that are skinny like they haven't ate for months. They look arrogant. Heroin chics. Most people who (note: most, not all) wear it, want to show how much money they have. That's why all things from them have oversized brand marks. Ever seen a D&G or Dior Shirt? It's difficult to oversee the ugly golden logos. Everytime I see someone with these brands on the street I try not to have prejudices but every time they fullfill it by themselves. Even my toaster is more intelligent. :) I know there have to be intelligent people who wear this brands out there, but I just haven't meet one personally. Just my cup of tea. Like and wear what you want, but certain brands have this aura I truly dislike. I more like the down-to-earth brands. We will see how long Nudie tries to stay such a brand. ;)

Mr.Indigo
24th February 2007, 00:04
Hi guys, feeling guilty now for not visiting so often lately.

Truth is i'm still rocking my RR's but I also feel the Nudie vibe has changed, its seems to me more fashion and less rock and roll these days. And i've kind of moved on too, my current rotation is a pair of Sugarcanes and Ironhearts.

That said this is still the friendliest denim forum around so i'll always come back to visit. I'm glad you regular guys, Nudie-Joch, Toszie, Epilogue, Cameland, etc. are keeping the faith.

Eric
24th February 2007, 00:32
no way am i an old member... i jumped on the nudie bandwagon way after nudie was leaning more towards fashion than rock and roll. but i try to answer questions when i can, and i'll admit i'm guilty of posting useless crap too... but i try to contribute as much substance as i do in bullshit.

it seems like all the people that basically taught me about denim, dry denim in particular, have basically stopped posting. epi, batman, stiewie, toszie, etc have all been here forever and know a shitload about this stuff, but they don't seem to post all that often anymore. and people like ddml, jeremy, etc are never around.

and about Ep's first post in this thread, does it seem like the more popular nudie gets, the less quality the forum is?

Epilogue
24th February 2007, 00:58
Yes I think it is so. It's nothing about an elite thing or so but more people=more facile and fast posts. More fashion people jumping on the bandwagon instead of Nudie fans. My opinion. Sure sometimes there are still good topics which are fun to read and write in, but they are getting more rare if you ask me.

tion4->
24th February 2007, 01:24
DenimDestroyedMyLife can still be seen in the gallows of SuperFuture...if it's the same person.

cameland
24th February 2007, 01:35
eg

this thread will bring the older guys back.

props to original poster

Eric
24th February 2007, 04:17
Yes I think it is so. It's nothing about an elite thing or so but more people=more facile and fast posts. More fashion people jumping on the bandwagon instead of Nudie fans. My opinion. Sure sometimes there are still good topics which are fun to read and write in, but they are getting more rare if you ask me.

yeah, i agree with you, but i just wanted to be sure that that's the point you were trying to make

batman
24th February 2007, 04:51
Yaay, I was number 3!! Back then I was unemployed and had a lot of time to spend here. Nowadays I work so damn much that I don't have enough time for the community. It was sooo new back then.....even though it had been a couple of years in Sweden. It was a different type of excitement. I still love to come here and the reason is that MyNudies is focused on just one brand and it's the brand I love. Other clothing forums are too broad. I guess it has its pros and cons.

I'm still here but not rockin' as hard.....getting older! :lol:

Btw, did you guys know we are talked about in Sweden. Maybe it's old news but there's been articles in the papers talking about the close Nudie community we have here.....I think they even mentioned the world tour....btw, I love that idea!!! :D

Lou2006
24th February 2007, 06:01
aah yesss..
my plan is working nicely!!
Killbill, you there? Cyriel? DDML?

fly my pretties!~

mml6691
24th February 2007, 07:12
i'm on my first pair of nudies, but i can completely see how the could get old to someone. i mean if you dont change what you do in your jeans from one pair to the next, they'll all end up resembling each other. there probably comes a time in someones life where they get sick of having to wait atleast 6 months to have their jeans up to their standards.

as for me, i've definatly got a couple of years to go.

Lou2006
24th February 2007, 13:03
yeah but your jeans get old, not the site.......~

sarlo
24th February 2007, 14:05
were did uzzi go btw :P.. and am i a veteran :lol:?

Lou2006
29th March 2007, 15:37
or dave 023?
yes, im very sure you are a veteran.
2004, we don't see that much anymore!

stiewie
29th March 2007, 18:45
or dave 023?

i must be a veteran.. :wink: member since july 2004.

sarlo
29th March 2007, 21:07
or dave 023?

i must be a veteran.. :wink: member since july 2004.
at that time i was lurking around :D

loste
30th March 2007, 00:21
People that are new to the sit dont have to be new to yhis forum, i am a new member on this forum but i got my first nudies 3 and a half year ago.
:twisted:

Lou2006
30th March 2007, 09:17
of course!
the original post was just wondering where all the older site members had gone.

indigo_junkie
1st September 2007, 14:58
Such an interesting thread to have stumbled on. I remember when I used to collect comic books and that was all I spent my money on. I figured I was going to buy comics forever. I haven't collected in ages, though I do buy the odd trade pb that takes my fancy. I suppose members will stick around as long as they are still into denim. Once the denim bug wears off, I guess it's time to move on. Once a upon a time I used to collect sports coats. Loved them. I had about a dozen of them at one time. Gave away most of them to goodwill and kept maybe 5 of them which I wear on occasion. I used to collect moleskins. Loved brush cotton moleskins. Used to have about 7 pairs. They're in the closet now. I bring out a pair every now and then if I need to ride to somewhere where I can't wear jeans. I think my denim bug will hang around. I used to hang around all the wrestling forums during the heyday of pro-wrestling (WCW vs. WWF), but when that wrapped up, I moved on. Never say never for anything, but I'm enjoying my time here atm. But I can understand why a good chunk of the vets have left since the start.

Sorry for the rambling post. I wonder if all this will make sense in the morning. :roll:

cameland
1st September 2007, 15:07
I hope denim stays in your life for a long time IJ, its such a beautiful thing that can last a lifetime. Plus youve already invested so much!:lol:

I am so jealous of your colletion, and Justins too :(

indigo_junkie
1st September 2007, 15:28
Trust me, my denim collection is nothing compared to my library.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z116/sixquid/books.jpg

And that's only one wall of 2 1/2 walls. One Master of Arts in English later... it's a sickness I tell you. :roll:

cameland
1st September 2007, 15:34
:shock:

"there are no words"

KillBill
1st September 2007, 15:49
Hej! Lou2006, ur doin a damn fine job man, dunno why i've been away for some time. been busy with other things(new job, wich doesn't work out very well for me).

but i do know one thing: it sure feels good to be back(for a while now), this indeed is a nice and friendly forum.

bilmaga
1st September 2007, 20:20
Glad you came back KillBill.

Speaking of Lou, where did he go?

mynudies
1st September 2007, 20:45
Am I a veteran? :lol: ;-)