PDA

View Full Version : Lets trash talk and make sweeping generalizations

PeterFrampton
21st February 2007, 05:37
Lets trash talk and make sweeping generalizations (about jeans)

Just what the title says, I know you guys have some pent up prejudice and dislike for certain cuts of nudie, and think that certain cuts are better, more noble, whatever. So lets be jerks and let the hate-fest fly

(keep it trivial and dont get upset guys)

I don't think that thin finns, long johns, or slim kims qualify as real nudies. The fit just seems so un-nudie. Along with that stretch denim. shit seems wack to me.

sneakers™
21st February 2007, 07:58
What? Sorry, but Nudie is made for SKINNY people in my opinion.

cameland
21st February 2007, 08:08
nudie is most definately made for skinny people within recent years. Even though the ralf is the flagship model im sure the skinny models outsell the rest quite easily. the looser nudie cuts suck i reckon. the only decent one is the ralf and maybe the bjorn.

Fhunkit
21st February 2007, 08:30
If you think the skinnier legs are non-nudie... then WHAT is nudie? Nudie = slim..

I'm wearing ralph quite tight imo.... Don't like very loose fits

BlueOctoberFan
21st February 2007, 16:26
Nudie can't seem to make a good baggy jean. The baggy bjorn was an interesting attempt... They made the legs wider, but made the ass shapeless and saggy. They're the most unflattering pants I've ever tried on. Everything else in their line is way too tight.

SiT
21st February 2007, 16:46
i dont like the thin finns, long johns, and slim kims because their way to tight imo i wear my ralf a bit oversized as for my SJ

Nudie-joch.
21st February 2007, 17:11
Nudie is most made for the skinny people..check the booklets, all the models are skinny :wink:

MAC
21st February 2007, 17:28
I don't think that Nudie is Thin or made for skinny dude's!
I think that is just hip to wear skinny jeans! I like it , but think it will change in a few years ! believe me !

tion4->
21st February 2007, 17:55
...keeping it trivial of course:

Thin Finn = too tight, saggy ass, fugly jeans

True denim has no stretch (thin, long, kim); lose the stretch and the jeans are 10x cooler...although probably not possible with any of those styles.

DoitsuJin
21st February 2007, 18:21
before you know it, nudie will come with a style named Fat Pat

SiT
21st February 2007, 18:25
before you know it, nudie will come with a style named Fat Pat

LOL... thats all i have to say in a good way!

Epilogue
21st February 2007, 18:31
Better than a girls cut with the name Cheesy Lisy. :lol:

abbazaba
21st February 2007, 18:32
in my experience with finns, the stretch is hardly noticable. at least the stretch is not noticable enough to be distinguishable when worn not too tight. i own other jeans that are just as tight as thin finns, and they all look identical. yeah sure 100% cotton jeans are, in a sense, "cooler" but nobody i know has been able to notice that my finns had 2% elastane in it, especially after a bit of stretching.

Tiro
21st February 2007, 18:42
WHY are we having this STUPID slim vs. loose fit discussion again...
to each his own! slim = in at the moment, you see it in the booklets, but that doesn't make Nudie a slim fit brand, afterall, amongst the original models, we had RR and LF...

also, before, it seemed nobody here had such a big slim or loose coordination, you guys all just liked jeans, what ****ing happened?
share the love, whatever model...

furthermore, you loose fit loving dudes, why do you guys always talk about the 'saggy ass' as a bad thing? you like loose fits, yet not saggy asses? :lol:
also, don't forget there is another loose fit, not only the BB but, long before and way better imho :arrow: LOOSE FRANK... my sig says it all! :D

BlueOctoberFan
21st February 2007, 18:46
why do you guys always talk about the 'saggy ass' as a bad thing? you like loose fits, yet not saggy asses? :lol:

There's a tremendous difference between baggy jeans, and jeans with a saggy ass.

I have no problem with the trend towards skinny jeans. It just gets a tad irritating when it swings to the point that there are no options left for people who want baggier jeans. I'll be looking forward to it swinging back.

Epilogue
21st February 2007, 18:47
Cheesy Lisy :lol: Can't get over it.

Tiro
21st February 2007, 18:54
ah c'mon, there are enough options left, just not too many when you talk about Nudie only...
ALD has loose fits, lots of the jap brands have a loose fit..., BB is still around, tho I mourn LF, now that was a great loose fit!

it doesn't have to swing back in my account, don't want to have the same hype about baggy jeans as is going on about skinny jeans atm...

just keep it nice and easy in the middle, that way not too many people rock loose fits and not too many people rock skinny jeans, and the market will have both represented...

btw, baggy = hanging like a bag, so in my book, has to have a saggy ass, loose however doesn't point to a saggy ass... that's my difference :wink:

tion4->
21st February 2007, 18:56
furthermore, you loose fit loving dudes, why do you guys always talk about the 'saggy ass' as a bad thing? you like loose fits, yet not saggy asses? :lol:

come to think of it...I love a good saggy ass! Although I prefer the term 'slouchy', it makes me feel better.

I had a salesman tell me "you need to buy the thin finn, it's the next big thing!"
Since then I have disliked the thin finn...good reason or not, the conversation is forever burned in my memory!

Tiro
21st February 2007, 19:03
I just never liked thin finn, dunno why tho...

I prefer 'saggy' to slouchy tho :P
like in the Alchemist ft. Twin song, different worlds,
'I learned how to tilt my hat, sag my jeans' :wink:

Epilogue
21st February 2007, 19:06
Look over there, two girls wearing the Cheesy Lisy and Skinny Lilly jeans. :lol: :lol: :lol: Just can't stoping laughing.

cameland
21st February 2007, 19:07
i think tight jeans that are tight everywhere are just too tight or girly. at least have the ass a bit looser to make them look more like guy jeans.

ExileOnMainStreet
21st February 2007, 19:13
I'd have to agree with everyone that says they don't like skinny jeans, I personally don't even like tapered jeans, my svens are as tapered as I'll go but its all about personal choice.
The BB is just a horrid cut by nudie, the back yoke makes your ass cheeks look like they are a mile apart, but I love the loose frank, wish they still made it.

And Nudie is made for skinny people? Who the f*ck wants to be skinny, lets get serious, some of you people's fit pictures are gross - eat some protein, how are you ever gonna defend yourselves with your wirey frames and 28 inch waists

mml6691
21st February 2007, 19:30
Nudie is most made for the skinny people..check the booklets, all the models are skinny :wink:

models are always skinny. 8)

Epilogue
21st February 2007, 19:45
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5603/jeansim7.th.jpg (http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jeansim7.jpg)

Guess who would win? :lol:

Nudie-joch.
21st February 2007, 20:28

models are always skinny. 8)

haha is that so? think twice :wink:

mynamebrad
21st February 2007, 21:18
:D hahaha, i love this discussion! I personally like the skinny fits. I like how i can feel them, how they look...i love everything about them. If you like em loose, thats cool, as long as they're nudies, right? :wink:

erchii
21st February 2007, 22:53
i don't care but i don't see the use of this thread :roll: i personally like the more slimmer styles, but don't like it as tight as girls wear it... it also depend on your body how it's shaped,,
but everyone has his own style and like other things, so someone prefer a loose fit, you must respect that and it can also be nice, the same is for someone who like the more slimmer/skinnyer fits.
but the baggy björn in the fit guide looks very bad i think (not the model but the pre-wash)
but it's for everyone different i think and you don't must condemnd that i think but respect it 8)

BlueOctoberFan
21st February 2007, 23:19
:D hahaha, i love this discussion! I personally like the skinny fits. I like how i can feel them,

I agree with this... It can be cool to feel the jeans against you, especially the honeycombs when they line up perfectly. Unfortunately for me, I have a wider than average frame, and much wider feet, so wearing skinny jeans just looks extremely awkword no matter what else I'm wearing.

Eric
21st February 2007, 23:19
trash talk, eh?

anyone that doesn't like the fits i like is stupid. especially Tiro!

PeterFrampton
22nd February 2007, 00:35
I never intended for this to be a fit debate, but whateva 8)

Too tight is as stupid looking as too loose, imo.

My personal fav is something right in the middle ( ralfie/ jim) Thin finns are just my most hated though because not only do they have fruity-ass tapering, but the comfort dry blue denim looks terrible, and they look feminine in general. Baggy bjorns are cool, imo, just maybe hard to pull off.

If i see one more skinny dude wearing chucks and thin finns and wearing some dumb shirt with some band i've never heard of on it i'm gonna go nuts :roll:

Also. True Religion jeans make any dude look like a right prick.

Eric
22nd February 2007, 01:15
If i see one more skinny dude wearing chucks and thin finns and wearing some dumb shirt with some band i've never heard of on it i'm gonna go nuts :roll:

Also. True Religion jeans make any dude look like a right prick.

your best post ever!

Epilogue
22nd February 2007, 01:23
If i see one more skinny dude wearing chucks and thin finns and wearing some dumb shirt with some band i've never heard of on it i'm gonna go nuts Rolling Eyes

The emo army is unstopable. :lol:

DDUB
22nd February 2007, 02:05
I think it's good that nudie makes tight, regular and loose jeans. If there wasn't a wide selection of clothes to pick from there would be no such thing as style.

I personally won't wear anything tighter than a loose frank (which I consider a relaxed fit). I think ralfs, svens and jims look great on many people. --Not me

Where I'm from the whole skinny jeans thing was already old 2 years ago. That look seems dated to me. Like in ten years you'll look at a picture of yourself in your finns and say "WTF was I thinking? And why the hell is everyone else in the picture wearing converse?"

PeterFrampton
22nd February 2007, 02:37
^^
That isn't trash talk or a sweeping generalization, you codpiece!!! :evil:

People who wear tapered jeans are gay. 8)

DDUB
22nd February 2007, 03:50
You wear chucks don't you.

mml6691
22nd February 2007, 04:14
in my experience with finns, the stretch is hardly noticable. at least the stretch is not noticable enough to be distinguishable when worn not too tight. i own other jeans that are just as tight as thin finns, and they all look identical. yeah sure 100% cotton jeans are, in a sense, "cooler" but nobody i know has been able to notice that my finns had 2% elastane in it, especially after a bit of stretching.

my finns streched quite alot. noticable to me atleast. but i have the newer 3% even though i doubt it makes that much of a difference.

kolourhero
22nd February 2007, 04:38
^^

You're too scared to see a wide range of styles.. u think ur style is far superior to everyone.. That is why you also think because anyone that wears tapered jeans are apparently 'gay'.

are you 12 and use the word gay for everything u dislike?

ur gay.

Eric
22nd February 2007, 04:42
You're too scared to see a wide range of styles.. u think ur style is far superior to everyone.. That is why you also think because anyone that wears tapered jeans are apparently 'gay'.

ur gay.

that's gay

this thread is turning out to be more fun than i thought it would

abbazaba
22nd February 2007, 05:15
the thin finn dry/dry black have 2% elastane while the comfort has 3% lycra. they are very different. my finns, to me, hardly feel like they have stretchyness to them, but the stretch in the comforts is quite obvious. i can fit into a size 29 comforts but i can't even get my thighs/ass up a pair of 29 dry/dry black.

abbazaba
22nd February 2007, 05:25
i'd also like to mention that fashion is subjective. no one's sense of fashion can be "wrong". so quit whining about people with xxxxxL cloths or cloths 10 sizes too small and let them wear whatever they want. i wear my finns pretty tight and i've gotten nothing but compliments, because i can pull it off. it'd go the same way if i were wearing FG or LF or something as long as i could pull it off well.

mml6691
22nd February 2007, 06:21
the thin finn dry/dry black have 2% elastane while the comfort has 3% lycra. they are very different. my finns, to me, hardly feel like they have stretchyness to them, but the stretch in the comforts is quite obvious. i can fit into a size 29 comforts but i can't even get my thighs/ass up a pair of 29 dry/dry black.

well im wearing the dry blue (not comfort), and unless i can nolonger read, it says 3% lycra. they mustve change the ingredients recently i guess. mine are only about 2 months into it.

PeterFrampton
22nd February 2007, 06:25
^^

ur gay.

Did you miss the part in the first post where i said that i was going to keep things juevenile and trivial? :roll: If you didn't pick up on that, you should have picked up on the sarcastic nature of my entire post. Its not a trashtalk thread for nothin'.

And no, im not 12, 12 year olds are totally gay.

kolourhero
22nd February 2007, 07:02
^^

ur gay.

Did you miss the part in the first post where i said that i was going to keep things juevenile and trivial? :roll: If you didn't pick up on that, you should have picked up on the sarcastic nature of my entire post. Its not a trashtalk thread for nothin'.

And no, im not 12, 12 year olds are totally gay.

you obviously didnt pick up my sarcasm.

no.. really your gayer.

:roll:

thief
22nd February 2007, 07:13
Uh.
I wear tapered jeans.
And I'm not gay.

This thread is ridiculous.

cameland
22nd February 2007, 07:43
those guys bashing guys wearing skinny jeans are just being silly. i dont even wear skinny jeans and i think they are okay on the right people, as are baggier jeans. baggy jeans on a short ass dood isnt gonna do much for him and skinny guys drowning in a pair of LFs isnt appealing either.

just wear what suits you, neither is bad but an extreme in either is horrible.

eric and tiro get on my nerves a bit but wateva. wont go into that right now.

Eric
22nd February 2007, 08:57

please, get into it :lol:

DoitsuJin
22nd February 2007, 09:09
cmon guys. you should wear whatever you want! no need to argue :)

tion4->
22nd February 2007, 09:45

please, get into it :lol:

DO IT!!!
NAME CALL!!!!

this thread is fantastic

tion4->
22nd February 2007, 09:48
Thin Finns can lick my choda...

Jakob
22nd February 2007, 11:07
The baggy models are for fat people, and the slim models are for cum gaggers. There you have it.

cameland
22nd February 2007, 11:39
i have actually received a couple PMs about Tiro just basically having a go at people on the board. theres just like little things that annoy me.

i think it might just be the general tone of your posts. Or maybe when you say "jap". like im not japanese or anything but i think youve gotta be a little more considerate of others. i know its faster/easier to write "jap" but its not like this is a chat room, you have all the time in the world to write japanese or just jp or something.

and something was said to epilogue in the "japanese denim fading" thread that just sorta made me have a second look but then i think you said it was at the original poster so yeah. i dunno i think its just the tone of the posts.

SiT
22nd February 2007, 15:05
Amen :P

bilmaga
22nd February 2007, 15:55
Oops, sorry cameland, I say "jap" as well. I didn't think that I was offending anyone, I thought I was just writing the short form of japanese.

I wont use that word anymore :oops:

ExileOnMainStreet
22nd February 2007, 17:06
if your going to defend japanese people from the hardly derogatory word "jap" then what about the gay members (I know your out there) from Frampton throwing the word "gay" around like a softball. They must cry themselves to sleep every night

kolourhero
22nd February 2007, 17:35
pardon me.. but how is saying "japs" offensive?

BlueOctoberFan
22nd February 2007, 17:59
It was used as a derogatory term for the Japanese during/after WWII.

batman
22nd February 2007, 18:36
The first poster in this thread seems to not know that Super Slim Kim was one of the original styles made by Nudie. And Thin Finn is one of their best sellers. I'll leave it up to Maria Erixon to decide what is Nudie and what is not.....considering she is the one who designs the jeans.

mynamebrad
22nd February 2007, 20:27
trash talk, eh?

anyone that doesn't like the fits i like is stupid. especially Tiro!

I agree completely with every word of this post! :D :twisted:

Fhunkit
22nd February 2007, 20:43
pardon me.. but how is saying "japs" offensive?

Yay.. I don't know..
I'm chinese / indonesian.. I realy don't give a fuk if people call me chinese//indo//azian// chichi,, ors o.. ghehe :P

I SAY JAP :P

DoitsuJin
22nd February 2007, 21:17
like blueoctoberfan said, jap was a derogatory word thrown around during/after WWII, and i still consider it to be a bit offensive.

i myself am japanese, if somebody called me a jap i would find that offensive. the problem with it is that there's a lack there of knowledge of the fact it's actually a derogatory term.

but anyway, unfortunately there aren't enough japanese americans that are active on boards like these for people to give a damn. :(

Fhunkit
22nd February 2007, 21:39
like blueoctoberfan said, jap was a derogatory word thrown around during/after WWII, and i still consider it to be a bit offensive.

i myself am japanese, if somebody called me a jap i would find that offensive. the problem with it is that there's a lack there of knowledge of the fact it's actually a derogatory term.

but anyway, unfortunately there aren't enough japanese americans that are active on boards like these for people to give a damn. :(

I'm Sorry, but as I'm asian myself.. I really don't care if someone calls me stupid chinese.. Some Dutch kids say 'Kut Chinees'- That's like 'Bloody chinese' you know?
People also don't like that, but I'm a person of reality, I don't give a ****:D

But to your respect here.. I will not say jap on mynudies anymore.. Ok? All I want to say is that I think ,lets say the 'mental fixation' is a bit too much some times ;)

Eric
22nd February 2007, 21:42
cameland, DoitsuJin and anyone else: i suppose i should apologize for saying "jap"? so i do apologize. but if you're offended by that word in the context in which it is used on this forum, not mean spirited or derogatory, not even directed at humans, and just used as an abbreviation, than i think you're being a little hypersensitive. but i'll stop.

cameland and SiT: i'm not sure what you mean by the tone of mine and Tiro's posts, especially because it's pretty hard to interpret tone on a forum. most of the time i, for one, am just talking, and am not trying to anger or annoy anyone. also, specifically regarding the two of you, i usually agree with your posts and can't remember a time when i've used an instigative "tone" at either of you. other than that, i know i can be a dickhead when i want to, but if you want to dislike me because of what i type on a forum, again, i think your reactions are overblown. take anything i say with a grain of salt, i expect nothing more because that's all i do with anyone else's posts.

exile: your post re: throwing "gay" around like a softball is hilarious, and i'm glad people can make light of that. i'm not sure if you remember, but a while ago, someone referred to something as "gay" on the forum referring to someone's style or something like that and it ended up being a ridiculously long thread about whether that's an acceptable adjective to describe the way a person looks. i thought that might happen again, even considering the name of this threat.

DoitsuJin
22nd February 2007, 21:49
well phunkit, to make a response to your post, i don't know much about the netherlands but i suppose it is less diverse than where i live. people make a big deal about race in the US

as for eric's reply, sorry i think i got the wrong message across to you. what i meant to say is that jap is a derogatory term and it offends me - BUT - like i said many people are not aware of that, and because of that i often let it go. but if you do knwo about it (and now you do :p) it'd be great if you could refrain from using it in the future

didn't mean to sound defensive at all 8)

Fhunkit
22nd February 2007, 22:05
well phunkit, to make a response to your post, i don't know much about the netherlands but i suppose it is less diverse than where i live. people make a big deal about race in the US

Well it's allright,
I will not say it here.. Another thing learned about racistical words:P

Not that I ever said about japanese people here.. but who know ghehe..

SiT
22nd February 2007, 22:18
cameland and SiT: i'm not sure what you mean by the tone of mine and Tiro's posts, especially because it's pretty hard to interpret tone on a forum. most of the time i, for one, am just talking, and am not trying to anger or annoy anyone. also, specifically regarding the two of you, i usually agree with your posts and can't remember a time when i've used an instigative "tone" at either of you. other than that, i know i can be a dickhead when i want to, but if you want to dislike me because of what i type on a forum, again, i think your reactions are overblown. take anything i say with a grain of salt, i expect nothing more because that's all i do with anyone else's posts.
i never said something about one of your tones i just said "amen" for saying he was right and i thought he made a good point thats all and you indeed never used a negativ tone to me and i would never do it to one of you guys becasue their is no need and is useless

Peace out :wink:

PeterFrampton
22nd February 2007, 23:02
Batman: So, since the Thin Finn is a bestseller it means that it is better than the rest? :roll: If anything it only proves that people will buy into trends like crazy, even if the trend makes the wearer look like a girly-man.

The baggy models are for fat people, and the slim models are for cum gaggers. There you have it.
God bless you. This is the best sweeping generalization i have seen thus far.

Eric
22nd February 2007, 23:13

oh man, i missed this before b/c i was lookin for cameland's post. that's funny shit

Nudie-joch.
22nd February 2007, 23:29
:lol: whats going on here??? jap :lol: :roll:

ExileOnMainStreet
23rd February 2007, 00:18
since everyone seems to be defending their words and making peace on this thread that was specifically designed for shit talking, ill keep it going:

nudie-joch your avator is the epitamy of gay

kolourhero
23rd February 2007, 01:37
:lol: whats going on here??? jap :lol: :roll:

oh man... you better hide! :shock:

DoitsuJin
23rd February 2007, 03:05
ignorance is bliss :?

dangerdenim
23rd February 2007, 04:16
seems like this conversation happens over and over on this forum. skinny maybe more popular now that in years past, but back then baggy was in. brands will make what is going to sell, its that simple. nudies are great but they're a brand, it's only natural that trends will be followed and in my opinion, nudies have never looked as good as they do now.

batman
23rd February 2007, 04:19
Batman: So, since the Thin Finn is a bestseller it means that it is better than the rest? :roll: If anything it only proves that people will buy into trends like crazy, even if the trend makes the wearer look like a girly-man.

I was responding to your claim that Thin Finn is not a true Nudie style. By me saying it is one of the best selling Nudies shows that people like the style. If the majority were like you and didn't think it's a "true Nudie" then it wouldn't sell. Why isn't it a "true" Nudie style anyway?

Are you saying that it's trendy to wear Thin Finn?

What is wrong with looking like a "girly-man"?

mynudies
23rd February 2007, 04:24
I don't see that there are any certain trendy styles. Denim has been trendy the last few years but not any certain style. Some people wear them baggy and some wear them slim. If you look at most major labels they have both baggy and slim jeans. Nudie happens to make mostly slim/tight jeans because that is the vision of their designer.

cameland
23rd February 2007, 04:47
Eric you dont seem to be so bad but maybe Tiro. yet i have no immediate examples its jsut what i feel. Maybe its the hi-jacking of threads and...well to be honest i have no idea. i just get that vibe.

PEACE TO ALL. fighting on this forum hardly ever occurs to be honest. its more or less quite friendly. so i think sarlo should just lock this threads before it goes out of control.

the baggy vs tight argument has been done to death.

mynudies
23rd February 2007, 04:54
Just what I was thinking! :D