PDA

View Full Version : The April 77 Thread

Pages : [1] 2

exitmusic
21st February 2007, 00:32
I think they do some cool threads over at April 77, anyone know US retailers for them; they have a nice suit that I'm thinking of getting for gigs/night life
Heres the spring/summer collection:
http://www.denimology.co.uk/2007/02/april_77_death_melody_ss_07_co_1.php#more

Discuss!

holyzombiejesus
21st February 2007, 01:12
Absolutely brilliant.
I've heard a rumor that there is a company that just got the rights to distribute them in Toronto, so I can't wait to see them around :D
Gotta love those Joey Overdrives...

dangerdenim
21st February 2007, 01:24
american rag cie carries a bunch of different washes and fits. i'm digging the pick pocket.

exitmusic
21st February 2007, 18:21
anywhere on the east coast?

holyzombiejesus
26th February 2007, 21:24
Does anyone know how the sizing of their denim compares with Thin Finns or maybe Levis 514? I'm thinking of ordering my true size, but I dunno.

dangerdenim
27th February 2007, 05:29
i'm a 31 in thin finn and wear a 33 in april77

mudger
27th February 2007, 05:52
your kidding right?

Is that how people dress in europe or something?

Try dressing like that in SoCal and your asking for an ass kicking, rightfully so.

holyzombiejesus
27th February 2007, 23:39
Sweet, my friend's friend in France is sending us two 32x32's in Joey Overdrives. I hope the inseam is actually more that 32 so that I can sag them a big :(
If they don't fit, I can always sell them 8)

Does anyone have any idea how much they cost in France?

dangerdenim
28th February 2007, 07:11
your kidding right?

Try dressing like that in SoCal and your asking for an ass kicking, rightfully so.

explain this, i don't exactly see what you are getting at.....

mathew
28th February 2007, 12:12
your kidding right?

:shock: why then?

D_Mike
28th February 2007, 17:40
yepm tight t shirts, skinny jeans and braces is where its at right now, especially in some of the broader minded places in Yorkshire, ENgland, like barnsley.

bilmaga
1st March 2007, 01:57
and braces is where its at right now,

What are braces. Or do you mean the ones that straighten your teeth?

dangerdenim
1st March 2007, 02:21
i think he's talking about suspenders. i think?

bilmaga
1st March 2007, 02:57
That would make sense. Just never heard that term before (clothing wise that is)

des_cartes
3rd March 2007, 17:05
does anyone know where to get the april 77 pixel 2 online?

white_giraffe
3rd March 2007, 23:45
i just saw a pair on ebay

tion4->
4th March 2007, 15:43
your kidding right?

no fashion/form of expression calls for an ass kickin'

...but I must admit, I am NO fan of this line

des_cartes
8th March 2007, 14:05
does anybody know the sizing of the overdrives? a 74cm / 29 inch waist is fine for me, i wear a 29 in almost all my nudies, 28 is also ok but sometimes a little tight. a 30'' waist is definetly large on me.

i was thinking of getting a pair of the black overdrives. i found a pair of normal dry on ebay in a 30'' waist and the seller had measured a 84cm waist, so i suppose these run large? also do they stretch a lot?

holyzombiejesus
8th March 2007, 21:39
does anybody know the sizing of the overdrives? a 74cm / 29 inch waist is fine for me, i wear a 29 in almost all my nudies, 28 is also ok but sometimes a little tight. a 30'' waist is definetly large on me.

i was thinking of getting a pair of the black overdrives. i found a pair of normal dry on ebay in a 30'' waist and the seller had measured a 84cm waist, so i suppose these run large? also do they stretch a lot?
I've heard they run small in the legs but normal size in the waist.
I have some 32's on the way and I take a 30 or 29 in nudies, so I think I might need to invest in a belt :(

white_giraffe
9th March 2007, 07:27
i think the waist runs a little large but the legs will be super tight. i think the best thing to do is get measurements and buy according to how you want the leg to fit.

d8new
4th April 2007, 14:21
hi, just got me a joeys overdrive - but not really my style - way 2 tight for me - they are like spandex :-)
thinking of selling them seen the fact i will never wear them and i'll stick my 2 nudie projects - if someone interested? w32 lenght not labeled but somewhat longer than a slim jim 34

dibadiba
4th December 2007, 01:23
I just got some joey overdrives as well, should be here in a week or so , I'm having second thoughts, seems like they're gonna be super tight. They're raw, so I'm hoping they'll stretch?

egar
4th December 2007, 03:07
for your info my mom wear april 77! i feel like my mom is a rocker hahaha

arithmetic
16th December 2007, 22:57
^
nice! anyway, where did she buy them? :-P

ceza
17th December 2007, 00:38
Anyone know where I can get grey Colordrives?

egar
23rd December 2007, 22:01
^
nice! anyway, where did she buy them? :-P

my mom bought it in singapore! in heeren or hereen i forgot, the shop is Queen! in there you can also see tsubi,japanese denim (forget the brand), cheap monday..

beautiful_FrEaK
28th February 2008, 20:37
hey...does anybody owns a cheap monday tight and a april 77 joey overdrive? if so, can you please compare the fit an tell me your measurements? thx a lot!

SoulRebel
29th February 2008, 18:05
check april77.fr for the new website and the awesome new collection

beautiful_FrEaK
29th February 2008, 21:18
erm yes...it's nice! but i allready know that (if you talking to me) :mrgreen: no offense.
thx anyway

but can't nobody help me and tell what sizes they wear in "cheap monday tight" and "joey overdrive"? i've got a cheap monday and a friend of mine is going to paris and will proxy one for me. so i'm not absolutely sure which size to get in joey overdrive..:confused:

aprilguy
1st March 2008, 01:30
check april77.fr for the new website and the awesome new collection

You must be joking.

Beautiful_Freak: I have a pair of black colourdrives; I don't think they differ much from the overdrives. I sized down from 30 to 29, but I wanted them really tight. I guess if you buy the size you would wear in any regular jeans that doesn't fit you too loosely, you should be fine.

beautiful_FrEaK
1st March 2008, 01:37
thanks dude!

i wanna sag them a bit and wear them a little baggy but the thights and calves should be tight. i think i'll stick with the same size as my cheap mondays.
but, any other information is welcome :-D

aprilguy
1st March 2008, 01:44
Well... the waist is rather big compared to the legs, so you definitely shouldn't size up. Just take your regular size.

Where does your friend intend to get them, at Noir Kennedy?

beautiful_FrEaK
1st March 2008, 09:37
he doesn't know anything :lol:
i've made a briefing for him. so he should check "noir kennedy" or the "april 77 flagship store", which will open at the beginning of march. he's there around end of march.
or would you recommend any other shop?
thx for the sizing tipp. do you know if the overdrive also stretches with wear and shrinks back with washing as nudies do? it have to i think 'cause it's also raw denim. but who knows?! :-D

iwannudies
1st March 2008, 12:45
Hmm you can get them at Denimbar if your friend can't find them in Paris ;-)

aprilguy
1st March 2008, 12:50
Noir Kennedy is a punk shop in Rue du Roi de Sicile, in the middle of Le Marais. But the flagstore would be better of course. Isn't going to be in Le Marais as well?
Are you sure they are part of the new collection? If not, you might not find them.

Once again, if you normally wear your jeans a bit loose in the waist: size down for these, because april77 is usually large in the waist. If not, buy your normal size.

As far as the stretch is concerned - I'm not sure; mine aren't really dry and I haven't washed them yet anyway. But they all have 2% elasthane, like nudies.

beautiful_FrEaK
1st March 2008, 13:10
denimbar doesn't stock them anymore.

thx aprilguy.
i asked the folks at royalcheese.com and they compared the cheap monday and the overdrive for me..they told me to size one down from my cheap monday size.
if my friend doesn't find them there i'll order from them.

iwannudies
1st March 2008, 13:17
Whoops my bad.

SoulRebel
1st March 2008, 15:38
You must be joking.

Beautiful_Freak: I have a pair of black colourdrives; I don't think they differ much from the overdrives. I sized down from 30 to 29, but I wanted them really tight. I guess if you buy the size you would wear in any regular jeans that doesn't fit you too loosely, you should be fine.

i don't know why i am joking?

aprilguy
1st March 2008, 19:16
i don't know why i am joking?

I'm sorry, I really thought you were. You mean the new collection on www.april77.fr ?
Well, I must stay faithful to my signature, but... honestly.

Which items do you like?

SoulRebel
2nd March 2008, 02:09
the jackets, the coloured jeans etc.. i digg the whole bob dylan vibe.

aprilguy
2nd March 2008, 02:34
Well I must admit that after a second look, I should say that some of the tops are quite interesting. I don't however like any of the trousers they have. Especially that pair of dark yellow ones. Euw..

SoulRebel
2nd March 2008, 03:03
for me is not, if i want to wear it, but if the vibe is getting me. and oke not the whole collection is good but some pieces and pictures are very good.

BB-Tjai
2nd March 2008, 12:57
April 77 have some great pieces of jackets for men.
Luckily I found one, but they are hard to find here in NL.
The jeans can already found in nearly every good denim store.

aprilguy
2nd March 2008, 23:01
Can they?
For a lot of the fits you'll have to visit the girls' section.

beautiful_FrEaK
3rd March 2008, 19:33
erm..just by the way..why is this thread not in the "french brands section" ?!

it's hard to get april 77 here in germany..as least there where i live

beautiful_FrEaK
8th March 2008, 11:45
@ aprilguy: you posted in the cheap monday thread, that the overdrives WERE good, but the new collections sucks. did they change anything about the overdrives?
can't decide if i should buy a overdrive or a dictator...

acekieffer
28th March 2008, 07:15
always wanted a pair of their grey jeans..

cameland
28th March 2008, 07:46
I tried these on recently, they are only for the super super skinny. Ridiculous.

deviousfool
28th March 2008, 07:57
you should have taken a picture and posted it here, cameland :mrgreen:
i would be interested in the grey jeans if they don't have the ugly April77 patch at the backpocket.

aprilguy
28th March 2008, 16:32
@ aprilguy: you posted in the cheap monday thread, that the overdrives WERE good, but the new collections sucks. did they change anything about the overdrives?
can't decide if i should buy a overdrive or a dictator...

Sorry b_f, I overlooked your question. The new April77 collection is just not my taste, I suppose there's nothing essentially wrong with it.
And if they still have the overdrives in their collection, go for it.

they are only for the super super skinny.
that would be me

beautiful_FrEaK
28th March 2008, 17:42
no problem aprilguy. my friend visited paris last week and bought the overdrives for me. next week he'll come back to Germany and will give me my "present" ;-)
i hope they'l fit!

aprilguy
28th March 2008, 18:16
Good. Keep us informed!

beautiful_FrEaK
7th April 2008, 16:42
ok, got my joeys yesterday. they fit perfect, just like i wanted them. will post pics soon when i got my cam back. thx for the advise to stay true to size for the "baggy" look!

aprilguy
7th April 2008, 18:04
glad to hear that :-)

iwannudies
8th April 2008, 10:35
Looking forward to the pics, haven't seen any A77 Joeys worn baggy before.

beautiful_FrEaK
8th April 2008, 11:29
ok its a question of definition. perhaps i should say sagged not baggy. sorry to dissapoint you iwannudies :-D
my cam is on holiday with my parents..so pics will come in two weeks :(

iwannudies
8th April 2008, 11:31
Ahh they have to be somewhat baggy to be sagged :p

beautiful_FrEaK
11th April 2008, 17:44
erm yes..you're right :lol: just be patient..don't wanna upload shitty mobilephone-cam pics!

beautiful_FrEaK
22nd April 2008, 18:16
finally...fit pics

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/thumbs/6ho1-1.jpg (http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/6ho1-1-jpg.html)

http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/thumbs/6ho1-2.jpg (http://www.bilder-hochladen.net/files/6ho1-2-jpg.html)

iwannudies
22nd April 2008, 22:02
Patience paid off =D Perfect fit even though you say they're baggy, what's the size of these and the size of your other nudies?

aprilguy
22nd April 2008, 23:59
very nice b_f, very nice! Looks like you've made the right choice. I like how they are on your calves.
I for myself would have sized down, but that's just me. And anyway, now that they're not that tight, they probably won't get a lot baggier.
Congratulations. You'll have to thank your friend for this.

beautiful_FrEaK
23rd April 2008, 11:29
@iwannudies: those are size 33. i'm a 32 in nudies and a 32 in april77 would have fitted, too.
i was afraid that i might be too big for those skinny jeans, but they look great to me. and now you 2 also said that, i'm even more happy! :mrgreen:

thx@aprilguy. how often do you wash your aprils?! it's raw denim but i think you don't have to wait six month, do you? the guys at royalcheese said, that the aprils won't shrink with washing. is that right?

aprilguy
23rd April 2008, 19:34
Mine are black jeans, quite different from yours. And I haven't washed them yet :-)

Sobot
29th April 2008, 02:56
april's rock, but mine are too big. I have 30's in Overdrive... but I have Joey Hi-standards on the way in 29.

beautiful_FrEaK
30th April 2008, 11:48
can someone recommend an online shop where i can buy a grey joey colordrive? the ones shown on royalcheese.com look weird...much too light. is this a newer production or just a mistake on their site? i want the dark grey ones!
thx

aprilguy
30th April 2008, 16:01
april's rock, but mine are too big. I have 30's in Overdrive... but I have Joey Hi-standards on the way in 29.

same here. I have a pair of Hells Bells Metal in 30 (HB is owned by April77; practically the same), and they seemed so tight in the shop! Now my two pairs of April77 and another grey Hells Bells are 29; much better.
Too bad it always takes one wasted pair to get your size right...

aprilguy
30th April 2008, 16:17
can someone recommend an online shop where i can buy a grey joey colordrive? the ones shown on royalcheese.com look weird...much too light. is this a newer production or just a mistake on their site? i want the dark grey ones!
thx

Hmm, they do seem very light indeed. I afraid I can't help you there...
My black ones are colourdrives, and yes they are nice!

Sobot
30th April 2008, 19:29
same here. I have a pair of Hells Bells Metal in 30 (HB is owned by April77; practically the same), and they seemed so tight in the shop! Now my two pairs of April77 and another grey Hells Bells are 29; much better.
Too bad it always takes one wasted pair to get your size right...

yeah man. I bought mine in store though. I wanted 29, but they only had 30. Half price though, so I had to do it.

windy88
16th May 2008, 15:49
i wear size 30 for TFOEE? should i get same size for colourdrive as well? would it stretch a lot?

beautiful_FrEaK
30th May 2008, 19:26
finally got my grey colordrives!
got them from barneys new york.
will post pics soon!

Thin_finn
12th June 2008, 15:06
what's the different between joey overdrive, sinner transistor and dictator..???

deviousfool
3rd August 2008, 14:07
okay guys, since April77 has changed the patch design, I am contemplating to get a pair of Joey Grey CD.. does anyone know where to buy them online ?

SoulRebel
3rd August 2008, 14:10
the new design is very very cool

beautiful_FrEaK
3rd August 2008, 15:47
which size do you need deviousfool?!

deviousfool
3rd August 2008, 15:53
28 i think. I tried on a prewash.. (dictator i think?) and the 28s fit great.

do u have any experience with the sizing compared with nudies? it's be great if you could help me with the sizing and the place to buy a pair ;)

beautiful_FrEaK
3rd August 2008, 16:07
you probably know that the legs are the problem, not the waist. the colordrives run smaller than the overdrives...at least mine do.
true to size is good. legs should be fine and the waist is a little loose but with a belt, all is fine

beautiful_FrEaK
3rd August 2008, 16:09
you could buy from royalcheese.fr. they are also very friendly and will help you with sizing questions!

deviousfool
3rd August 2008, 16:47
so what CD size do you have ? and how are they compared to other pairs u have ?
I might be going for 28 or 29.. my true waist is 29.5" i think :-|

beautiful_FrEaK
3rd August 2008, 16:57
i own a 33. so i'm a little bigger :-D but in nudies i wear 32

aprilguy
3rd August 2008, 16:58
you probably know that the legs are the problem, not the waist. the colordrives run smaller than the overdrives...at least mine do.
true to size is good. legs should be fine and the waist is a little loose but with a belt, all is fine

The legs are the problem, unless you have skinny legs. Then you can safely size down one size, since the waist will be big enough.
If you have average legs, don't size down.

deviousfool
3rd August 2008, 17:02
that means it'd be better if I go for the 29s then. thanks aprilguy and beautiful_freak :-)

by the way, does royalcheese.fr deduct 19% tax from the price if I'm outside the EU ?
damn, even with the tax, they still cost cheaper than here.. aus retail price is crap :-?

beautiful_FrEaK
3rd August 2008, 17:10
just ask them...they probably know best ;-) but i don't see why they shouldn't

deviousfool
3rd August 2008, 18:08
I'm totally confused now, I saw a guy with a similar build as mine (165ish cm, 55kg) and his joey thunder size 27 fits him nicely.
I don't really get how the sizing on these jeans are.. some ppl say size down 2, some even size up 1 lol..
I'm stuck between 27-29 now.. I have athletic upper thigh though.. which makes me lean more towards 28s now :roll:

Sobot
3rd August 2008, 18:12
I'm totally confused now, I saw a guy with a similar build as mine (165ish cm, 55kg) and his joey thunder size 27 fits him nicely.
I don't really get how the sizing on these jeans are.. some ppl say size down 2, some even size up 1 lol..
I'm stuck between 27-29 now.. I have athletic upper thigh though.. which makes me lean more towards 28s now :roll:

I have joeys in 29 and 30

the hi-standard is tighter than all the other joeys...

I wear TLJ in 29 or 30 as well... it just depends how tight you want your jeans.

joeys are slightly tighter than tlj....

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v298/142/81/187908485/n187908485_36476341_8216.jpg

those are tlj 30/34

deviousfool
3rd August 2008, 18:15
I don't want a super skinny fit.. and to be able to sag my jeans a lil bit. God help me with the sizing :lol:

I'm thinking of 28s.. but I'll do a bit more research first.

Suggestions are welcome guys ! Thanks Sobot btw 8-)

oh I was looking for grey colordrives by the way.

stiewie
3rd August 2008, 21:52
I don't want a super skinny fit.. and to be able to sag my jeans a lil bit. God help me with the sizing :lol:

I have in all my nudies size 31 and bought recently a 31 joey overdrive raw. it's not skin tight and in the waist quite loose, so i can sag them quite well.
So i guess buy them true to your (nudie)size..

Sobot
4th August 2008, 08:07

i guess it also depends on the size of your legs...

here's a pic of my friend in the bakground wearing black colordrives... to show you how tight they are http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-snc1/v264/82/122/502062052/n502062052_1178289_2843.jpg

sz 29

and here's the same guy pretending to like men with my other friend... wearing grey colordrives in sz 29 as well.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v282/94/2/505279115/n505279115_550424_2091.jpg

I'm just showing you pics to give you an idea.

he's probably 5'9, 130 lbs.

I'm 6'2, 143 lbs...

my A77 30's fit almost like my nudie tlj 30's, so here's a couple more pics of me with the black tlj.

http://photos-b.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v217/218/125/1644330098/n1644330098_104849_8794.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v233/63/76/1644330041/n1644330041_91236_5028.jpg

I say go with 29's

deviousfool
4th August 2008, 11:24
my 28" finns are kinda skin tight and I don't want my CDs to be too tight.. Hmm I guess I'd better go with 29s then.. thanks a lot Sobot ;)
btw I haven't got a reply from royalcheese yet.. Have you ordered from them before, beautiful_freak?
I think I'm definitely buying from them, eventhough if I don't get the tax reduction..

beautiful_FrEaK
4th August 2008, 16:26
i haven't ordered from them but i asked them about sizing and a friend of mine who was in paris at that moment picked one up for me

windy88
14th August 2008, 19:50
anyone have tried sinner transistor or skeleton before? what's the differences between these two? which one is slimmer?

aprilguy
14th August 2008, 20:25
They have their Winter collection out. I see a lot of nice stuff! Much better than the Summer collection.

aprilguy
14th August 2008, 20:41
btw, I found this at royalcheese. I don't think this is new collection?

http://www.royalcheese.com/upload/photos/jeans/April77/Joey/Big/April%2077-Joey%20vicking-830.jpg
THE JOEY Vicking Silver coated April77 unisex Jeans, 5-pocket skinny leg jean. Neither high nor low waist. US Unisex sizes. 98% cotton 2% Elastane.

anyone ever seen this one in real life??

beautiful_FrEaK
14th August 2008, 23:20
never seen it in real life...but reminds me of very cool nudie coated denim!

iwannudies
15th August 2008, 10:29
Sweet looking denim there, A77 cuts are way to slim for me though :-(

infire
17th August 2008, 07:52
i am in Vancouver, Canada.
I just want to buy some jeans and clothes from aprill, but...

cannot find any online store that sells aprill 77 clothes.

do u guys know any?

aprilguy
17th August 2008, 08:55
try http://www.royalcheese.com.

snozepp147
17th September 2008, 18:51
i've got a pair of Joey Colordrives for sale in Grey. size 27. let me know. legs were way too tight for me.

aprilguy
18th September 2008, 22:42
a 27, snozepp? Wow, the downsizing went a bit out of hand there :-;
I have those in a size 29, and I think my legs are thinner than yours.

snozepp147
18th September 2008, 22:46
a 27, snozepp? Wow, the downsizing went a bit out of hand there :-;
I have those in a size 29, and I think my legs are thinner than yours.

haha yeah, well i read a lot of different things and i saw a good price on some 27s, which are the same as my finns so i figured why not. but yeah, i could barely get them over my thighs.

i think i'll definitely need a 29 or 30.

roirio
22nd September 2008, 10:36
i need a help. i want to buy a pir of A77 joey overdrive, someone could tell me the sizing compared to thin Finn? i wear size 29 or 30 for a thin finn, what size should i take on April77 Joey Overdrive? Thx!

windy88
22nd September 2008, 17:28
i need a help. i want to buy a pir of A77 joey overdrive, someone could tell me the sizing compared to thin Finn? i wear size 29 or 30 for a thin finn, what size should i take on April77 Joey Overdrive? Thx!

i guess you would need to size down from ur thin finn by 1 size and possibly 2 sizes to fit like superfuture. coz A77 tends to run bigger than tag size and it would stretch a lot after many wears.

aprilguy
22nd September 2008, 23:47
I'm not so sure about that. The difference between April77 and TF is that April77 runs large in the waist, but small in the legs. So if you are a person with skinny legs, it's safe to size down a bit, but never more than one size from your reals waist size. Well, let's say two sizes if you really want that super skinny look.

It really depends on how you wear your TF, if you want to compare these two brands. If you wear your TF rather tight fitting, I would take the same size. If you wear them a bit more loose, take one size smaller in April77.

ng_tetet
25th September 2008, 04:28
can som1 post pics of a77 joey overdrive which fades yet?

Lyv
25th September 2008, 06:15
I'm deciding between a 29 (like my nudies- REALLY tight) or a 30... The reason my nudies were so tight, was because the waist was SUPER tight compared to the legs, so it sounds like the waist/leg ratio thing will be ok with the april's in a 30 but I don't know...
I think what would really help would be a sizing chart... anyone know where I could find one..?

thanks- :P

roirio
25th September 2008, 07:26
hmm..i like a tight fit, but not tooooooo tight. hm.. but maybe i'm willing to take size 28 considering that a77 runs bigger than nudie. anyway thx alot guys for your help! and yeahhh will someone post a faded april 77 jeans??

Lyv
27th September 2008, 01:49
...and yeahhh will someone post a faded april 77 jeans??

I agree! That would be great.

beautiful_FrEaK
27th September 2008, 01:55
april77 for cheap at revolveclothing.com, only 79$!

Lyv
27th September 2008, 19:46
That IS cheap!! None in my size though....:-(

roirio
3rd October 2008, 10:47
can anybody tell me any online store that sells April77 other than revolve (cause they ran out of stock of Joey Overdrive in Raw size 28) and royalcheese.com (cause they can't ship to Indonesia).
THX!

snozepp147
15th October 2008, 00:14
can anybody tell me any online store that sells April77 other than revolve (cause they ran out of stock of Joey Overdrive in Raw size 28) and royalcheese.com (cause they can't ship to Indonesia).
THX!

looks like revolve has the 28 in stock again.

i just got a pair of Joey Colourdrive Grey in size 29 from superfuture. i also have a pair of 27s sitting in my room, but those were waaay too tight in the legs. the 29s fit well, about like my worn in 27 finns. the waist on the 29 is big, but the legs fit well. i'll just have to wear a belt.

here's a picture, i'm sure the legs will stretch out some:
(excuse the boxer line, i need to get some briefs.
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/snozepp147/DSCN2414.jpg'

to compare to nudie i'd said the waist is like a size 30 thin finn and the legs are like a size 27 or 28 finn.

aprilguy
15th October 2008, 00:26
looks great, Snozepp! the waist is always large with April77. It means that they will start to sag after an hour of wearing, unless you really wear your belt tight. Those jeans were made for sagging, I think.

snozepp147
15th October 2008, 01:14
looks great, Snozepp! the waist is always large with April77. It means that they will start to sag after an hour of wearing, unless you really wear your belt tight. Those jeans were made for sagging, I think.

yeah i don't mind it.

invidious
15th October 2008, 23:15
i wear 30 in GTDDO, 31 in GTBDS (should have purchased 30), 32 in prewashed GT, 32 in ksubi joey, what size should i buy to get this kinda look? thanks ...

http://v2.royalcheese.fr/en/april77-jeans-dictator-jackson-frip/1379-2-c.html

invidious
15th October 2008, 23:16
also, i really like how a77 fits on beautiful_freak. perfect.

beautiful_FrEaK
16th October 2008, 14:30
thank you sir! :-D
if you can handle the tight legs you could for a 30, too. otherwise 31 should be fine. i read on sufu that the waist doesn't run that big anymore, as it did before.
but wait for aprilguy's advice. he knows better than me :-)

invidious
16th October 2008, 16:57
i read on sufu that the waist doesn't run that big anymore, as it did before.

now i'm getting confuse again :lol:

roirio
16th October 2008, 18:16
April 77 = Tempting + Confusing,
unless you've tried it on..

beautiful_FrEaK
16th October 2008, 18:21
that was my plan ;-)
sorry...j
ust read a bit in the aprill77-thread on sufu. that count only for the new run (and over at sufu they say the the new runs are poorer in quality)

invidious
16th October 2008, 18:28
i think i will try a 30" for the dictator. hope it is the right size for me =)

pekklemon
17th October 2008, 00:44
hi guys! just wanting to plug that im selling my joey colordrives black @ sufu

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=61761

beautiful_FrEaK
13th December 2008, 16:42
the coated look really good!
on the second pair i like the fit, but not the look of the material

aprilguy
13th December 2008, 17:38
Ah, the twill bleach are great. They have an early sixties look to them that I like a lot.
Enough dry denim already! ;-)

And the coated ones are already showing signs of some nice wear after three days. They are from an old collection; I didn't know they existed.
Very flimsy material though => cold!
I think they will be my last pair of skinny jeans.

roirio
14th December 2008, 12:20
@aprilguy

the second one, the leather patch is not on the back pocket??!
...looks weird to me.. one of April77's best thing is the leather patch on th back pocket imo.

the first one is a HIT! very nice! how did you sized em compared to nudie?

aprilguy
14th December 2008, 14:44
roiro, the leather patch -which isn't leather btw, they make a point of this- on the back pocket is a sign of their 2007 collection.
The guitar pic holder is gone as well now.

The 2008 jeans all have this patch:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3210/3107465928_d2a8245f79.jpg?v=0

As for the coated ones: I sized down, which means that I have the same size as in TFds. They are completely different though; the waist is bigger than with TF.

roirio
14th December 2008, 16:33
ooo i see. thx for the 2008 patch information aprilguy!

Blackisthenewblack
15th December 2008, 03:22
I am very interesting in buying a pair of April Joeys, but i was wondering if anyone here would be able to answer something for me: What is the difference between a joey colourdrive and a joey thunder? I want to get a black pair of joeys and im not sure which one i should get. Many thanks

roirio
15th December 2008, 06:29
hey i'm just lookin at a folder in myDocuments and i found the old April77 picture.
did anybody ever had these? April 77 X Gibson

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/roirio/april77_jean.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/roirio/april-77-limited-edition-gibson-jea.jpg

Soo freakin beautiful imo.

roirio
15th December 2008, 06:36
and it looks like Brandon Boyd is wearing em..
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/roirio/april77bboyd.jpg

aprilguy
15th December 2008, 12:31
I am very interesting in buying a pair of April Joeys, but i was wondering if anyone here would be able to answer something for me: What is the difference between a joey colourdrive and a joey thunder? I want to get a black pair of joeys and im not sure which one i should get. Many thanks

I'm not sure actually. I don't own any Joey Thunders. I wonder if it is more a fabric thing; the colordrives being more jeans/denimlike, and the thunders being more other (eg. softer) material. But don't pin me down on it; I'm just guessing.
There are so many Joeys: Joey Electric, Silver, Thunder, Colordrive, Kennedy... I think the fits are all the same.

Be quick if you want to buy a pair. They are all discontinued.

hey i'm just lookin at a folder in myDocuments and i found the old April77 picture.
did anybody ever have these? April 77 X Gibson

Soo freakin beautiful imo.

I saw them in their shop in Paris. The fabric didn't look/feel like anything very special.

Blackisthenewblack
28th December 2008, 03:17
I bought a pair of black Joey CDs and a pair of Raw ODs (both in 26) and I'm really liking the fit so far.

For the black CD's id say the waist is probably a tad bigger than what I was expecting, not a problem now but when they stretch out it might be. The legs however fit perfectly, I'd say they fit tighter than high kais in the same size, although that might be because the denim is tougher in the Aprils. Also i love how there's more room in the whole crotch area compared to other skinny jeans, means you can have that skinny/painted on look without your junk showing. Might look into purchasing a pair of black thunders though cause the jeans dont have that deep black black look that I was hoping for.

The raw OD's however were much tigher in the waist (but just as roomy in the crotch), the legs fit just about the same. Will post pics soon.

Assuming they dont stretch out horribly over time (been wearing them both for just over a week), I'm very impressed with A77, cant wait for that marketplace to finally go online.

roirio
28th December 2008, 06:09
fit pics please! :lol::lol:

Blackisthenewblack
10th January 2009, 12:57
Pics i took a while back using my phone, sorry for the bad quality its supposed to be 8mp dunno why they came out so bad:

Black CD's (26) after a week's wear, worn high:

http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6026/phpvbdxwyamma4.jpg

Raw OD's (26) after 4 days wear, worn low (I'd say that its much tighter in the waist, and a little bit tighter in the thighs, but i have relatively muscular thighs compared to the rest of my body) :

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/1922/php5gqpyyamdz2.jpg

Rich
11th January 2009, 18:33
good style man8-)

deadendpro
12th January 2009, 21:45
^^ those jeans are tight; and thats an understatement. lol. nice lookin pair tho.

Thin_finn
28th January 2009, 05:38
Joey Overdrive Size 28(3 Months)

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll112/thin_finn/M211.jpghttp://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll112/thin_finn/M213.jpghttp://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll112/thin_finn/M212.jpg

roirio
28th January 2009, 16:38
@black is the new black : wow thats freakin tight! thats very joey ramone. nice! :mrgreen:
how much did you size down on those 2?

@thin finn : looks good mate

Thin_finn
29th January 2009, 08:52
@black is the new black : wow thats freakin tight! thats very joey ramone. nice! :mrgreen:
how much did you size down on those 2?

@thin finn : looks good mate

@riorio:thanks mate....

roirio
3rd February 2009, 16:09
tomorrow i'll pick up my Overdrive size 28. lets see. will it be too tight or just nice.wish me luck! will post fit pics tomorrow!

roirio
4th February 2009, 13:02
yeah, my joeyOD in raw has arrived, size 28

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/roirio/a77copy.jpg

fit
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/roirio/a77joeyOD28fit.jpg

the leg opening is pretty small compared to Thin Finn.

ng_tetet
4th February 2009, 13:34
arent they so good looking?

roirio
4th February 2009, 14:40
i dig their musician philosophy. nice

Blackisthenewblack
4th February 2009, 20:57
Good fit. How's the waist feel? The sizing seems to be all over the place depending on who i ask.

aprilguy
5th February 2009, 12:01
I just got a joey dischord comfort, grey corduroy, from a sufu member. Size 28, should be too small for me, but they fit. Tight, but they fit.
All my other joeys are 29, and I have a Dictator in 30.

roirio
5th February 2009, 18:12
Good fit. How's the waist feel? The sizing seems to be all over the place depending on who i ask.
yep, you're right, i'm pretty confused before when i ask everyone about what size should i get.
but at the end i stick to the "down size 2 from your nudie" thing, so i got these on 28 and it fits me the way i like it.

careful though cause some said that the new april77 (2009-...) sizing's is different from the old one (...-2008)

cheers, thx btw

Blackisthenewblack
5th February 2009, 19:00
For the black CD's I have, it felt about 1 size bigger than my nudie size (they have started to sag a little now as I've been wearing them non stop), but for the raw OD's it felt like it was a size too small waist wise to start off with. Strange thing is both are part of the old april batch (old patch). Always super tight in the leg department though.

Would really like some of their shits/jackets but I can't find anywhere that sells the smaller sizes online. I managed to snag a manchester polo in XS and it was just about the right fit. If they dont open that online store by april I might have to go to their flagship in france and stock up.

aprilguy
5th February 2009, 19:30
for the FW 08-09 collection, size up one from your Joeys.

DoitsuJin
5th February 2009, 19:39
where do you guys get your joeys from?

vieurd
5th February 2009, 23:00
Hi,

I bought my first pair of dry denim three months ago - Thin Finn sz 28. I'm unhappy with them for a number of reasons, but one of the main ones is the fit. They fit me pretty snugly, as finns go, but I'm looking for more of a cheap monday-tight super skinny fit. I've been lurking here for about four months and you guys seem really friendly - I would really appreciate some input in figuring out what to buy next.

I'm very interested in April 77s. the picture snozepp posted a few pages back looks awesome, and is the kind of fit i'm going for. I'm not trying to cut my circulation off, but I definitely would like something tighter than thin finns. However, I'm looking for raw denim, of course. I've read in several places online that joey overdrives don't fade like, say, nudies or apcs do - is this true? do they fade at all?

I have an old pair of cheap mondays sz 28 that fit me great. For those of you that own Aprils, how do the two sizes of the brands compare? would the equivalent of sz28 CMs in April 77 be 28? 27? i keep reading different things.

I don't want to get another pair of nudies because i'm not interested in purchasing any more products that contain leather. But if april 77s don't fade, would new cure size 25 or 26 produce a similar fit (again, my finn size is 28)? I may just buy a pair of raw italian cheap mondays in 28, but if possible I'd like to get something of higher quality.

This turned into a pretty long post. Sorry if it's in the wrong place - I've spent quite awhile reading various forums and blogs trying to find information about april 77s and haven't been too successful, so I'm not sure what else to do. Once again, I really appreciate any help or advice any of you might have!

beautiful_FrEaK
6th February 2009, 12:49
there online shop still isn't open?
first it should be open in april 08! man..that's slow :lol:

roirio
24th February 2009, 12:55
Hi,

I bought my first pair of dry denim three months ago - Thin Finn sz 28. I'm unhappy with them for a number of reasons, but one of the main ones is the fit. They fit me pretty snugly, as finns go, but I'm looking for more of a cheap monday-tight super skinny fit. I've been lurking here for about four months and you guys seem really friendly - I would really appreciate some input in figuring out what to buy next.

I'm very interested in April 77s. the picture snozepp posted a few pages back looks awesome, and is the kind of fit i'm going for. I'm not trying to cut my circulation off, but I definitely would like something tighter than thin finns. However, I'm looking for raw denim, of course. I've read in several places online that joey overdrives don't fade like, say, nudies or apcs do - is this true? do they fade at all?

I have an old pair of cheap mondays sz 28 that fit me great. For those of you that own Aprils, how do the two sizes of the brands compare? would the equivalent of sz28 CMs in April 77 be 28? 27? i keep reading different things.

I don't want to get another pair of nudies because i'm not interested in purchasing any more products that contain leather. But if april 77s don't fade, would new cure size 25 or 26 produce a similar fit (again, my finn size is 28)? I may just buy a pair of raw italian cheap mondays in 28, but if possible I'd like to get something of higher quality.

This turned into a pretty long post. Sorry if it's in the wrong place - I've spent quite awhile reading various forums and blogs trying to find information about april 77s and haven't been too successful, so I'm not sure what else to do. Once again, I really appreciate any help or advice any of you might have!
hmm. i got Tight original Unwashed Cheap Monday in 31x34
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e316/roirio/cmcm1yr.jpg

and i got April77 Joey Overdrive Raw in 28x34 (old patch edition)

and they feels the same for me. i dont really know about the New Patch (april77records) edition. some said that the sizing between the oldpatch and newpatch is different.

roirio
18th March 2009, 16:53
^^many have said that JOD raw is pretty hard to break/fade. just enjoy wearing them. dont ever think about "breakin" em.

PleaseDaddyDo
28th March 2009, 23:34
Can anyone tell me what the difference is between Joey Override and Joey Colourdrive? I really want these Joeys that Zac is wearing here -
http://www.zac-pictures.com/albums/Appearances_Events/2009/17_Again_Photocall_In_Paris_24_03_2009_HQ/014.jpg

and here -

http://www.zac-pictures.com/albums/Candids/2009/Out_And_About_In_Paris_24_03_2009_HQ/007.jpg

I was told by April 77 that the jeans he is wearing are Joey Overdrive Grey, but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

I found Joey Colourdrive Greys but the stitching in them is grey, not white like the ones that Zac has.

Can anyone tell me the difference between Colourdrive and Overdrive, and where I can find the exact ones Zac is wearing?! Thanks!

asdfgh
1st April 2009, 18:06
can anyone tell me what size should i buy for DIOR black raw MIJ if i wan to have the same fit as a nudie thin finn dry stretch 28/32?? i personally own one 28/32 tfds:p

Zefron
2nd April 2009, 11:00
Experts, pls advise. Im wearing a TFDS Size 30. My fit with the TFDS isnt skin tight, my waist is just nice as I wear a belt to prevent expansion. But however I wish for a tighter fit from my thighs down to my calfs. Was wondering what size I should get for an A77 Colourdrive with the latest model with this patch

http://www.royalcheese.com/upload/photos/jeans/April77/Joey/Big/April%2077-%20Joey-932.jpg

snozepp147
2nd April 2009, 12:55
^i would probably get 1 size up from your TFDS.

i have 28 TFDS and a pair of 29 colourdrive.

as a general observation, the colourdrives have skinnier legs and a looser waist than finns. when i first got my colourdrives the legs were pretty skinny and it took a couple wears for them to strech, but now they're fine, just a little looser than the legs of my TFDS. the waist on the aprils is big though (maybe like 2 sizes bigger than the same size in a nudie) , i have to wear a belt to keep them up. but i couldn't size down to make the waist fit better because the legs were way too skinny. i tried a 27 and 28 and waist was fine, but i could barely get my legs in.

so long story short, try a 31

asdfgh
2nd April 2009, 13:05

and they feels the same for me. i dont really know about the New Patch (april77records) edition. some said that the sizing between the oldpatch and newpatch is different.

I got the same size nudie as you do... the april 77 you shown above looks like thin finn dry stretch. From what i see the fits also seems to fit the same as size 28 nudie TFDS too.
I recommend you to buy DIOR MIJ raw jeans since you wanted a higher quality of denim...

For your information, i am also looking for a new jean too and am considering DIOR MIJ Black raw 19cm size 28(which = 17cm hem from my understanding of http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=57074) but i not sure whether i will fit like my tfds size 28 anot..

***And i hope the DIOR jeans that i want would give me the fit that i want, For example:the NUDIE i am wearing or the (APRIL 77 pics u shown above).

someone who owns a pair of DIOR and also is the same size as me can verify here too.:lol:

u can consider buying DIOR 19cm MIJ Black RAW and tell me hows the fit and provide pics here.:p

btw the link i provided u can either click to the last page to see or visit here http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=57074&page=190 for details that i provided in my last post:-)

invidious
2nd April 2009, 20:21
can anyone tell me what size should i buy for DIOR black raw MIJ if i wan to have the same fit as a nudie thin finn dry stretch 28/32?? i personally own one 28/32 tfds:p

http://i41.tinypic.com/2wdaxcz.jpg
TFDS sz 31 (maybe able to wear in sz 30)

http://i39.tinypic.com/2mmwzdc.jpg
GTDDO sz 30

http://i44.tinypic.com/2nhe3rc.jpg
Dior MIJ raw black sz 29

maybe u can buy one size down from your TFDS, but it also depend on how do u wear your jeans (low/normal/high waist).

Zefron
3rd April 2009, 04:47
^i would probably get 1 size up from your TFDS.

i have 28 TFDS and a pair of 29 colourdrive.

as a general observation, the colourdrives have skinnier legs and a looser waist than finns. when i first got my colourdrives the legs were pretty skinny and it took a couple wears for them to strech, but now they're fine, just a little looser than the legs of my TFDS. the waist on the aprils is big though (maybe like 2 sizes bigger than the same size in a nudie) , i have to wear a belt to keep them up. but i couldn't size down to make the waist fit better because the legs were way too skinny. i tried a 27 and 28 and waist was fine, but i could barely get my legs in.

so long story short, try a 31

Thanks! Is your pair the one with the new patch? Cos judging from the front few pages, some have concluded that the old ones run larger in the waist and the new ones smaller. Could you post a fit pic with both your Colourdrive and TFDS? Thanks a million bro!

asdfgh
3rd April 2009, 05:13
The dior jeans u wearing is 19cm hem right?? (and ur size 29 =17.5 hem right??)how's the fitting like skinnier than ur tfds??

i wear normal.. any way what's the difference ??if wear low at the most more stackings no much difference right?? the pics u shown above wearing dior u wear low right??

2) does ur DIOR wet bleed??

invidious
3rd April 2009, 08:36
it's not really about the stacking, i mean if a guy who usually wear his jeans low and got a big tummy buy the same size as the other guy who got flat tummy and wear his jeans high, that would bring him a problem i think. i hope i wrote it right LOL.

and yes, for dior i wear it low. about the fitting skinnier than my TFDS, i don't think there is much difference but if any, maybe because i downsize one for TFDS and downsize three for dior.

yes, around 17.5cm hem for this size. haven't saw my dior bleed, maybe because i only wear it occasionally.

snozepp147
3rd April 2009, 11:09
Thanks! Is your pair the one with the new patch? Cos judging from the front few pages, some have concluded that the old ones run larger in the waist and the new ones smaller. Could you post a fit pic with both your Colourdrive and TFDS? Thanks a million bro!

they're the newer ones.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/snozepp147/DSCN2597.jpghttp://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h176/snozepp147/DSCN2603.jpg
______29 colourdrives______________________________________ ______________28 tfds

Zefron
3rd April 2009, 14:31
^ Sweet, very nice fit. I tried a waist 30 today and hell, the waist was huge.

asdfgh
3rd April 2009, 16:23
it's not really about the stacking, i mean if a guy who usually wear his jeans low and got a big tummy buy the same size as the other guy who got flat tummy and wear his jeans high, that would bring him a problem i think. i hope i wrote it right LOL.

and yes, for dior i wear it low. about the fitting skinnier than my TFDS, i don't think there is much difference but if any, maybe because i downsize one for TFDS and downsize three for dior.

yes, around 17.5cm hem for this size. haven't saw my dior bleed, maybe because i only wear it occasionally.

since u are able to downsize 3 for dior which means u can also do that for ur tfds too ..haha:-P

anyway my nudie tfds wet bleed quite alot and stain my shoes i was wondering if dior raw jeans bleed and the colour is BLACK OMG!!

IMO i read from some sources that alll raw jeans will wet bleed !!!

jdepp
3rd April 2009, 16:34
@ snozepp: really nice fit! are those 34" inseam?

invidious
4th April 2009, 05:59
@asdfgh: yes, raw jeans will always bleed, i just haven't seen my dior bleed yet. for TFDS, yes i have and i couldn't wipe the indigo stain on my shoes. and i believe i wouldn't be able to downsize three for TFDS. dior MIJ's sizing runs bigger than TFDS.

asdfgh
4th April 2009, 06:17
@asdfgh: yes, raw jeans will always bleed, i just haven't seen my dior bleed yet. for TFDS, yes i have and i couldn't wipe the indigo stain on my shoes. and i believe i wouldn't be able to downsize three for TFDS. dior MIJ's sizing runs bigger than TFDS.

oh u mean the waist sizing??:confused:

invidious
4th April 2009, 21:30
asdfgh: correct.

asdfgh
5th April 2009, 17:13
http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=57074 from here its says that MIJ stretch less and taper more and henc ei pressume that the sizing should run smaller than MII ??

invidious
5th April 2009, 18:00
if u wear 29 for MIJ, u should buy 28 for MII. and MII just stretch a lot compared to MIJ.

snozepp147
6th April 2009, 05:54
^ Sweet, very nice fit. I tried a waist 30 today and hell, the waist was huge.

yeah, if you want a skinny fit just basically get whatever size you can squeeze your legs into, wear them around the house a few days and they'll stretch out and you just have to wear a belt.

@ snozepp: really nice fit! are those 34" inseam?

thanks, not sure about the inseam. aren't all aprils the same? i thought they were 32" but meant to be sagged so they look long

invidious
6th April 2009, 06:07
and you just have to wear a belt.

QFT. last time i ran with my A77 and it was just keep falling down like crazy.

lapdog
10th May 2009, 04:50
Hey guys. This is my first time posting here and I'm new to the concept of raw denim. I just bought a pair of April 77 jeans called Joey Division Blue last week. I've washed my jeans once since I bought it. I'm just wondering if they are raw and will fade?
P.S: How should I take care of the jeans?

beckz_jr
15th May 2009, 09:33
Where to buy April 77 Joey Thunder Grey?

xxhalcyonxx
18th May 2009, 06:22
What's overdrive and colourdrive? Are they dry/raw?
Anyone knows the different models of April 77 denims from baggiest to skinniest?

Catchforusthefoxes
18th May 2009, 17:44
Where can Americans purchase april 77?

stiewie
18th May 2009, 17:55
try www.royalcheese.com

beautiful_FrEaK
18th May 2009, 17:58
or sevennewyork or revolveclothing.com

ZacEfron
19th May 2009, 21:13
Hello!

I wanted to ask what length jeans This April is hopefully 34?

http://www.royalcheese.com/en/april77-jeans-joey--colordrive-grey/1386-2-c.html

beautiful_FrEaK
20th May 2009, 08:16
aprils come in one-length. it should be 34 inch. at least that's what my colordrive measured: 87cm = 34inch

iwannudies
20th May 2009, 14:28
Cultizm will be stocking April 77 soon :-o

What sort of cuts and denim are people interested in?

beautiful_FrEaK
20th May 2009, 17:41
I think cultizm is a little slow then ;-)
Joey Overdrive and Colordrive are standard..some nice tees and jackets maybe?

ZacEfron
20th May 2009, 20:59
aprils come in one-length. it should be 34 inch. at least that's what my colordrive measured: 87cm = 34inch

Thanks!

Hello!

I wanted to ask where I find the jeans & financial as well!

http://www.efronpictures.net/displayimage.php?pid=29767&fullsize=1

Or is that which I have posted?

maplesyrup
21st May 2009, 09:50
Cultizm will be stocking April 77 soon :-o

What sort of cuts and denim are people interested in?

april 77 joey overdrive in raw..... pls..

will they be cheaper?

xxhalcyonxx
22nd May 2009, 16:43
What is the difference between overdrive and colourdrive?

beautiful_FrEaK
22nd May 2009, 16:47
colordrive = color
overdrive = raw

xxhalcyonxx
22nd May 2009, 16:56
Also, the different kind of fits?

iwannudies
22nd May 2009, 16:57
http://www.denimology.co.uk/2009/05/april77s_denim_fit_guide.php

Their latest fitguide with updates ;-)

xxhalcyonxx
22nd May 2009, 17:03
Very comprehensive, thanks.

nicholaskyy
5th June 2009, 16:46
alright peeps! i just got the new tab joey overdrive today. i recommend getting a size down as they can stretch up to about 1 size up! so get em one size small yea? cheers!

nltait
15th June 2009, 04:10
i was just wondering if anyone was about to help me with sizing for a pair of april77 nerve snow. im normally a size 30 in nudies and like my jeans to be pretty skinny. apparently i should get a size 29?? any help would be much appreciated

roirio
16th June 2009, 07:46
you should get at least 2 size down mate. me, i'm wearing 30 in nudies, and i wear 28 in a77

gadung99
16th July 2009, 12:27
yeah you can safely size down 2. recently my gf bought me a new tagged joey colourdrive. she sized down 1 for me. I usually wear 28 in levis, 27 in nudies, so she bought me a 27 as well. the waist is bigger than a 27 nudies, more like of a 28 nudies.

well my friend has a joke that sizing in april77 doesn't talk about waist-size, it's more about your thigh-size. sometimes you couldn't even squeeze your thigh although your waist is fine :-)

iwannudies
16th July 2009, 12:30
well my friend has a joke that sizing in april77 doesn't talk about waist-size, it's more about your thigh-size. sometimes you couldn't even squeeze your thigh although your waist is fine :-)
That's no joke, that's absolutely true. I remember trying them on last year. I could fit both my hands into the waist yet they were skin tight on my thighs :shock:

woody
16th July 2009, 13:33
haha i remember going into a store to try on some nudies, and the sz of 77s they had were too big, so once i got into a 28 in my nudies, i decided to try on a 28 in 77s... loose around the waste, but like denim leggings... and im quite skinny!

bsblguy
19th July 2009, 00:01
Okay I just went thru this entire thread for the first time and loved the fit pictures so I have to get some of these even though I have WAY too many jeans now. My empty wallet and full closet will appreciate it. LOL

bsblguy
19th July 2009, 03:33
I got them ordered already, at least I think so as I don't read French, lol. Ordered from Royalcheese. Joey Rodeo in Raw 1 size up from actual waist as they didn't have smaller. Hope they aren't too big. I do like them tight.

aprilguy
19th July 2009, 11:04
I got them ordered already, at least I think so as I don't read French, lol. Ordered from Royalcheese. Joey Rodeo in Raw 1 size up from actual waist as they didn't have smaller. Hope they aren't too big. I do like them tight.

1 size up from actual waist size doesn't sound like they will be tight, unless you have thunder thighs.

fatquasimodo
22nd July 2009, 17:18
What size do you recommend me to pick? I've in this position that i want to buy a pair of A77 or two. But in unsecure in the size, so.. The question is.. Do you lovely lads think, that i can fit a size 31 in A77 Joey, when i use 32 in normal Levi's 511. And 33 in Levi's 511 denim? Can i be in a A77 Joey denim, size 31?

I'm really confused, cause some says that they are big in the waist, and some says they are true to size?
Please, give me some quick help. Cheers mates.

fatquasimodo
23rd July 2009, 02:35
can i safely buy a pair of a77 in 32 when i use 33 i levi's?

fatquasimodo
23rd July 2009, 23:00
please give me some answers. are they very stretchy in the waist or what? just something. please!

aprilguy
24th July 2009, 12:04
you'd easily fit in them.

fatquasimodo
25th July 2009, 17:51
thanks mate. are they stretchy in the waist? and im not thinking of those a77 who's denim

bsblguy
2nd August 2009, 18:41
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/9312/skate1005.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/skate1005.jpg/)
(http://img39.imageshack.us/i/skate1004.jpg/)
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2174/skate1003.jpg (http://img195.imageshack.us/i/skate1003.jpg/)

bsblguy
2nd August 2009, 18:44
AAAGGGHHHHH! I hit the wrong button before I wrote anything, I do like these but they are huge in the waist, sized up 1 because thats all they had in stock on sale. They fit pretty good everywhere else. I may get some 2 sizes smaller if they are on sale again.

gnaixgnay
7th August 2009, 21:01
hey roirio, i realise that there's 2 kinds of different tag at the back packet for april 77 joey overdrive raw. and i wanna know if the sizing for these 2 different tag is the same? could you please tell me where you got your joey overdrive from =)

bsblguy
10th August 2009, 23:52
I don't know where he got his but I just ordered some more joey overdrives from this place.
http://sevennewyork.com/

BRUNS
15th August 2009, 15:17
Hiya! I'm new :)
Was just wondering if anyone with old patch Joey Overdrives or Colordrives could provide some measurements for waist/hem/thigh for sizes 26,27 or 28? I'm generally a 28" waist, but not overly keen on sizing down as i do not want them skin tight.
Cheers to anyone that can help! :)

Durden
18th August 2009, 00:41
april 77 is all about skin tight... i'm not sure the jeans you mentioned would work any other way.

BRUNS
18th August 2009, 19:46
april 77 is all about skin tight... i'm not sure the jeans you mentioned would work any other way.
Thanks for the response! :)
I often wear cheap monday jeans in 27*34 or 28*34, but decided i want a pair of skinny jeans that aren't as skin tight. I had a pair of cheap mondays in 31*34 for example, that had a skinny fit but were not skin tight in the literal sense of the term.
I know that joeys run big in the waist, and judging from this:

They run considerably bigger in the waist. However, the guy is wearing a 28*34 which would have a similar fit to what i was after. However, I wanted to really find out some more accurate measurements for some old tag joeys as i'm currently deliberating whether or not to got for 27 or 28's.
Thanks again! :)

iwannudies
23rd August 2009, 06:55
Dejan tells me he's getting in the Joey, Dictator and Cross in raw. Anyone know much about these cuts?

xxhalcyonxx
23rd August 2009, 13:02
http://www.denimology.co.uk/2009/05/april77s_denim_fit_guide.php

Their latest fitguide with updates ;-)

All I know for the April 77 cuts are from the website you quoted.

iwannudies
23rd August 2009, 13:23
Dohhh :oops: I knew I read about those cuts somewhere! Thanks for reminding me halcyon. The Joey is too skinny for my tastes, but the dictator looks promising to size up on. The Cross looks like a decent slim straight fit. Hope they'll come in the colourdrive denims.

carl_baron123
30th August 2009, 02:48
Hey guys! I have been trawling through this thread for a few days now and have been looking at some joey lightning's at Royalcheese. http://www.royalcheese.com/en/april77-joey-lightning-division-raw/2026-2-c.html

I have read on here that the size around the waist of april's is 1-2 sizes larger than TF's but I have never tried TF's on so I was wondering what the size difference between Lee's and April 77's would be! I wear a size 32-33 in Lee so would a size 32 be ok in joey's? The only size left atm is a size 33 whcih would probably be ok in Lee's but I'm not sure in joeys...I don't really want the super skinny look, just a skinny-slim look. But if I go these ones:
http://www.royalcheese.com/en/april77-joey-lightning-mass/2024-2-c.html
I could get any size I wanted for an extra Aus. $25. The style and colour isn't too much different, just a little lighter if anything, which is kinda what i want.

rayban
30th August 2009, 17:09
Hey. Im thinking of buying a pair of A77 jeans, but i don't know if they will fit my legs. My legs are about 40-41 cm.
I got a pair of thin finn organic dry ecru emb in size 33/32, and they are kinda slim sitting on my leggs. How will april 77 be on me?
Thanks for all help

carl_baron123
8th September 2009, 07:48
Don't worry about my above post. I went into GP on saturday and tried a pair on. I tried a 32 which actually felt like a 34 in Lee's. There was still a bit of space around the waist.

patME=]
10th September 2009, 01:30
How do the Joey's fit compared to say TLJs and the Ksubi Van Winkle?

ng_tetet
10th September 2009, 06:57
never had ksubi though, but tlj/joey are pretty much the same.

patME=]
10th September 2009, 08:15
So it's safe to get a pair of 28/32 in Joey because my TLJs are 28/32?

xxhalcyonxx
10th September 2009, 12:45
I think they only come in length 34.

beautiful_FrEaK
10th September 2009, 13:13
yes april are one-size in length. but I'm not sure if they make the inseam automatically shorter for the smaller sizes

luda
10th September 2009, 13:38
;231887']So it's safe to get a pair of 28/32 in Joey because my TLJs are 28/32?

you could try going to a general pants in syd and trying some on. i assume they sell a77 down there too?

ng_tetet
10th September 2009, 14:26
;231887']So it's safe to get a pair of 28/32 in Joey because my TLJs are 28/32?
very true.

patME=]
10th September 2009, 14:41
Thanks for the help guys!

I'll go down to GP and try on a pair and hopefully I walkout with a pair of the Overdrive Raw and not a pair of Ksubi jeans.

woody
10th September 2009, 14:44
they will be heaps cheaper if you get them off clutizm or something.... do what everyone else does... try em on at GP then order overseas ;-)

luda
10th September 2009, 15:08
yep do what woody said. it'll cost you half as much, and its only general pants so you wont feel bad about it

patME=]
10th September 2009, 15:31
I just noticed the A77s on Cultizm. They're so cheap but how much (approx) would it cost for delivery to AU?

b7ff
12th September 2009, 05:59
Hey im a newbie here.. So Ive just ordered an April 77 Joey Thunder in grey.. I decide not to size down since Im afraid it will be too tight..

Btw one thing I want to ask is that, what exactly is the different between Joey Thunder and Joey Colordrive?? And do you guys know what type of Joey that Zac effron use?? thank heaps guys...

XAVIOS
12th September 2009, 17:34
what is transistor ? is it raw ?

billhicks
13th September 2009, 02:25
Can someone please tell me what is the difference between Lightning and Thunder?

I know overdrive is raw, colordrive isn't. But I see 'Joey Lightning raw' for sale and I be confused.

XAVIOS
16th September 2009, 19:31
another question is Joey Overdrive Raw difficult to fade

thank*

Catchforusthefoxes
18th September 2009, 23:22
Who cares if it's hard to fade? It's a pair of pants.

iwannudies
19th September 2009, 10:49
Obviously he cares since he's asking ;-)

Catchforusthefoxes
25th September 2009, 17:33
^point taken

Grey Joey Dischord:
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2742/img00161c.jpg

iwannudies
25th September 2009, 23:50
Nice fit, are they raw denim?

There's some new Joeys on Cultizm, Hi-standard black, anyone know if it's raw? It looks like black black denim to me.

Atzec
25th September 2009, 23:57
sorry, but looks like you´re using the "cougar"... :-?

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/738813/80675519.jpg

;-)

Catchforusthefoxes
26th September 2009, 00:09
Hahaha, yeah they feel kinda tight, but they were on mega sale so I had to. If they don't stretch I'll sell em. Oh and that isn't my balls (thankfully). They are actually corduroy iwannudies, really stretchy.

Atzec
26th September 2009, 00:11
yeah, i know it´s not your balls, but that crease there just looks kinda funny, u know? :-D

Catchforusthefoxes
26th September 2009, 00:21
Haha, yeah I loled when I saw that picture. :P

aprilguy
26th September 2009, 01:15
those joeys aren't too big. They will stretch, more than you like.

maverick
27th September 2009, 10:53
just wondering how a77 jeans fit compared to nudies. which jeans fit like slim jims, the cross or dictators?

thanks for the help.

florencemachine
4th October 2009, 11:52
Any idea if cultizm will be stocking colordrives any time soon?

kkurenaii
5th October 2009, 15:01
just wondering how a77 jeans fit compared to nudies. which jeans fit like slim jims, the cross or dictators?

thanks for the help.

i believe its the dictators. cultizm has the dicatators measurements check it out.

teapot
6th November 2009, 14:29
A77 make really nice jeans. Tried some on today, they were so good..until I saw the pricetag. But the quality feels great and its something that I will be willing to pay. I like them more than my nudies.

carl_baron123
7th November 2009, 11:07
Hey guys,
I am looking at buying a pair of Joey Nightriders in grey off Cultizm:
http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p464_APRIL-77-RECORDS---JOEY-NIGHTRIDER-GREY.html
Has anybody had any exp. with how they fade? Also does anybody have any ideas what colour/type of shoes to wear with them as I have never owned grey skinny's before...!
Cheers.

http://www.cultizm.com/images/product_images/popup_images/464_0.jpg

calm
17th December 2009, 04:58
Has anybody had any exp. with how they fade? Also does anybody have any ideas what colour/type of shoes to wear with them as I have never owned grey skinny's before...!
Cheers.

this is how i wear my colourdrives grey , it should do the comparison with the nightrider nay...

http://i50.tinypic.com/2dtzk7n.jpg

but mine's prewashed.. the nightrider is dry or prewashed as well?

kkurenaii
31st December 2009, 17:17
i need some help in sizing enquiries and fit pics.

im a 29 in tfodee for a skinny fit, so i was wondering if im goin for joey hi standard, am i wise to go for a 30 in them? as i know tt the joey fits tighter, but with a bigger waistline.

anyone tt could help me with it. do give me a pm. :lol:

p/s: searched thru the thread, couldn't really have a definite ans on the sizing wise.

ecstaticism
10th February 2010, 17:42
i've just seen these photos ... http://www.mynudies.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=8113&catid=newimages

and these are exactly the pants i've been looking for. where can i order these?

simple.
14th February 2010, 00:30
i have just bought a pair of joey overdrive, really like em. i hope they turn out good

kevin250
7th March 2010, 22:15
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3240/jacketgppd.jpg (http://img341.imageshack.us/i/jacketgppd.jpg/)
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/4310/frontvieww.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/i/frontvieww.jpg/)
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/2903/sideview2copy.jpg (http://img52.imageshack.us/i/sideview2copy.jpg/)

Joey Nightriders Raw Black

betobanana
14th March 2010, 18:54
hi all i need some guidance for april, right now im wearing nudie TFDBC size 28/30, what size should i wear for april? im interested for joey colordrive grey

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=31163710&id=1230810181