PDA

View Full Version : can somebody please discuss how to maintain the THDBC...?

revolicious
11th February 2007, 17:47
i've just bought mine around a week ago...
been wearing it ever since day one...
but still feel its far from the pair shown in the nudie catalog...
please...guys...i need some enlightenment... thanks.[/b]

Eric
11th February 2007, 17:52
i'm not sure what you mean by "maintain" and i'm also not sure what the pair in the nudie catalog looks like... but you definitely need to wear it for longer than a week to get any results...

mynudies
11th February 2007, 18:01
I would treat them just like any other dry Nudies. I'm sure the ones in the Nudie booklet has been worn hard for a long period of time. Go for it!

Sarge
11th February 2007, 18:50
yeah, that shiny effect in the nudie booklet is just all the dirt and grime clinging to the coating of the jeans. wear them more.

Legoland
11th February 2007, 19:12
studio lightning also help...

bilmaga
11th February 2007, 20:01
Wasn't that pic taken outside?

Epilogue
11th February 2007, 20:21
Flash light from the cam does also help.

NewNudie
11th February 2007, 20:40
Be patient, I would say...
... I am...

revolicious
12th February 2007, 03:37
thanks guys for that information.but how long do you guys think i will need to wear them before my first wash? dry clean? for now, i guess i'll just wear them more often. cheers!

- The Revolic -

Eric
12th February 2007, 03:38
thanks guys for that information.but how long do you guys think i will need to wear them before my first wash? dry clean? for now, i guess i'll just wear them more often. cheers!

read around, you'll see that most people don't wash for at least 4 months, the longer the better for most people. no one really knows how long for coated though, b/c they're relatively new...

bilmaga
12th February 2007, 03:56
Just wear them for as long as you can.

FOS5
12th February 2007, 04:26
There is a tag on the inside of the TFDBC that says don't wash for 6 months.

-nudiefive-
12th February 2007, 05:12
ive been wearing my tfdbc a bit long and ive been stepping the back of my jeans while im walking..and as a result the back of the leg openings seems to be shiny and leathery just like the one in the booklet..so i guess if u wear it hard soon it will be just like in the booklet :D

revolicious
13th February 2007, 18:45
ive been wearing my tfdbc a bit long and ive been stepping the back of my jeans while im walking..and as a result the back of the leg openings seems to be shiny and leathery just like the one in the booklet..so i guess if u wear it hard soon it will be just like in the booklet :D

i see your point. thanks. so how long have you been wearing it??
i simply cant wait...grrt.

-nudiefive-
14th February 2007, 06:29
been wearing em for 3 weeks now.. :D

cameland
14th February 2007, 07:47
i tried these jeans on today and i have to say...THESE ARE THE BEST NUDIES EVER. i love the fit and material so much i actually might buy a pair. anyone know where i can get em for the cheapest price possible? retail in aus is about AUD209...

bilmaga
14th February 2007, 14:59
kitchener is fairly cheap. Not sure though how it converts to AUD

undergroundobsessed
27th February 2007, 06:24
anyone know what shoes are being worn in the catalog with the tfdbc???

dotty
14th June 2007, 10:16
Are there any different procedures to care and maintain the coated jeans compared to the jeans which arent coated (could someone please point me to somewhere that says what you can/cant do (maintain the jeans basically; the do's and dont's to nudie jeans)? im told you cant (shouldnt) wash them early and you shouldnt get them wet????)?

I just bought my TFDBC yesterday....

These also don't bleed compared to the other indigo nudies, right.......?

My main concern (but not only; the other concerns i am not aware of because i dont know the do's and dont's to nudies o_O as i am new to nudies! :D) is getting fluids onto the jean, will this ruin it at all?

BlueOctoberFan
14th June 2007, 14:25
Above all else, they are jeans, so you don't have to treat them gingerly. They'll actually look better if you don't. The only real rule is to not wash them as frequently as you would a standard, pre-washed jean. If you get something on them, try to spot treat it (I'm sure there are some pointers in the "Nudie Care" section), or if it's more severe, give them a soak to get it out. There doesn't seem to be any different way to treat the coated denim, it just gets shiny.

dotty
14th June 2007, 16:34
The TFDBC doesnt bleed like the other indigo nudies, right?

What does getting water on the jeans do? Isnt it like washing it? (sort of :S?)
AND, Whats the diff between dry and non dry nudies/jeans?

What is meant by 'breaking into your jeans' as well? haha.

BlueOctoberFan
14th June 2007, 16:46
Generally, no, black jeans don't really bleed much, if at all...

Getting water on your jeans is nothing to worry about. If the jeans get wet, they'll stretch a little easier while damp, but nothing much else will happen. The reason that washing has any affect on the denim is because the combination of soaking in water and high agitation causes some of the indigo to come off of the jeans. So, if you just get the jeans wet, you don't have anything to worry about.

Non-dry jeans are also referred to as pre-washed jeans. They've been treated to give the fading that you see on most widely available jeans (theighs and ass have less color than sides of the legs/shins, etc). Dry denim hasn't been treated in any fashion (except against shrinking in the case of Nudies, a process called "sanforization"). The color of dry denim is usually much deeper than on many pre-washed jeans, and is uniform over the material.

This leads to breaking in the jeans. When you're wearing dry denim, it develops creases based on how you move, and stretches to become more comfortable, like the theighs and knees stretching to accomodate you when you're sitting. The longer you wear dry denim, the more indigo will come off, making the jeans fade in a manner that is unique to the person wearing it.

iwannudies
14th June 2007, 16:48
Nah, getting water on jeans isn't like washing at all, because with washing you have detergent which causes the jeans to lose alot of indigo dye.

Breaking in jeans is just simply using/wearing dry jeans. Which of course leads to fading :)