PDA

View Full Version : Have You Experienced the Nudie "Ass Shelf"?

rolaids
9th February 2007, 17:58
http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/6900/assshelfss8.jpg

Check out those crazy folds going right underneath the back pockets. I could keep spare change and my car keys on those "shelves". Anyone else had those and/or think they'll disappear as I work the jeans in and the denim becomes less cardboard-like?

Eric
9th February 2007, 18:02
yeah, you're on the right track... as the denim gets softer, it'll be less pronounced.

rolaids
9th February 2007, 18:05
Good to hear. Now I just have to worry about the calves stretching out a bit so they're not as tight. My calves are 16" around and the jeans are only 15" or so which leads to some odd bunching.

-nudiefive-
9th February 2007, 18:23
yeah with the coated ones i guess its more obvious..

erchii
9th February 2007, 18:34
i've got it too with my RRDG,, but not as sharp as you got them,,
i don't do anything to that, i don't care

NewNudie
9th February 2007, 19:46
Do have them as well with my TFDB... but not as big as yours... don't really care to be honest...

kielkilla
9th February 2007, 20:08
I had that... I kinda stopped caring then I looked one day and they were basiclly gone

Nudie-joch.
10th February 2007, 03:23
really loose, you wear them really loose thats what i see :wink:

i wear my TFDBC really tight! :P :wink:

bilmaga
10th February 2007, 03:29
Don't have that problem with my TFDBC but I also have stuff in my back pockets so they wouldn't have a chance to fold like that anyways.

But like you said, they are super tight on your calves, so what I would guess is your jeans can't slide down your legs, so therefore they bunch at your ass.

As the calves stretch out, your jeans should fall better

cameland
10th February 2007, 03:55
i thought i was the only one...but THANK GOD there are others

hfm
10th February 2007, 06:06
i guess we are skinny guys cause i get it too ass shelfing ahaha that is hilarious most likely we do not have enough junk in our trunks?

exitmusic
10th February 2007, 06:44
iron them out?

billysidol
10th February 2007, 10:09
yeah ive noticed i get the same thing pretty bad on my RRDS

Jakob
10th February 2007, 10:54
Yeah, it dosn't really go away if you wear them too low on hips.

alain
10th February 2007, 11:55
have the same with mt RR DG also the line i like it gets more and more contrast in the jeans

rolaids
10th February 2007, 13:53
size 30 TF is too small; size 32 is too big. this size 31 is the right size for me, but, like the other poster, i have no ass. i could pull them up a bit but the pockets on the TF sit low; if i pull the jeans up higher they'll be riding granny style up at my navel.

spacemanvt
31st December 2007, 03:06
this phenomenon is from probably buying a size too big. when i was trying on the black coated the 31s were a bit loose and had ass-shelf. the 30s were a bit snug in the waist and looked perfect in the butt.

i5tioneyes
1st January 2008, 09:39
i have this ass shelf too and i hate it on my 1 week old dbcs
do you guys recommend me to just take an early hot soak to shrink that part
its probably to early so i dont think ill risk it but i want to hear opinions
thanks!

sunpup
3rd January 2008, 21:51
i have this ass shelf too and i hate it on my 1 week old dbcs
do you guys recommend me to just take an early hot soak to shrink that part
its probably to early so i dont think ill risk it but i want to hear opinions
thanks!

Nature of the beast---it's the cut (and possibly your anatomy)--To eliminate it pull 'em down and wear 'em low!

Matthias1977
3rd January 2008, 22:25
Nature of the beast---it's the cut (and possibly your anatomy)--To eliminate it pull 'em down and wear 'em low!

Difficult! I have a pair of TLJs in blackblack with the same problem. When I wear them low they're simply below my butt. And I don't really feel comfortable with it. Even if the look might be okay for some people. What makes it worse is that the pants slip down when I walk. So sometimes I've had quite embarrassing situations when I was carrying stuff in my hands and couln't pull them up.

I consider using a belt though I haven't yet found one I like.

sunpup
6th January 2008, 22:26
Difficult! I have a pair of TLJs in blackblack with the same problem. When I wear them low they're simply below my butt. And I don't really feel comfortable with it. Even if the look might be okay for some people. What makes it worse is that the pants slip down when I walk. So sometimes I've had quite embarrassing situations when I was carrying stuff in my hands and couln't pull them up.

I consider using a belt though I haven't yet found one I like.

Do you remember a guy posting photos of his TFs wearing them extremely low? He commented that they do not creep down or fall off when asked about it. I thought they would, so gave it a try (just as an experiment), and they stayed right on--exactly as low as I wanted them. But I don't think it would work as well with the TLJ you tried it with.
I also think if worn low the look is better with TF than TLJ--just in the cut.
No, I didn't wear or need a belt.