PDA

View Full Version : TFDB sizing ok? (pics)

NewNudie
6th February 2007, 16:07
Thin Finn Dry Blue... Day 1... labels were still on it...

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3402/frontandbackak6.png

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/5896/sideandbackdk7.png

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/7500/closeupzh5.png

I think it was the right choice, the right size... do you agree?

Eric
6th February 2007, 16:20
yea man. nice fit

Tiro
6th February 2007, 16:21
nice fit but I don't see any need for this topic :evil:

Eric
6th February 2007, 16:26
a little reassurance never hurt anyone... :)

Tiro
6th February 2007, 16:29
sure, that's why you got a gf :P believe me if it doesn't look good she WILL let you know :lol:

NewNudie
6th February 2007, 18:54
nice fit but I don't see any need for this topic :evil:Sorry... but its just that the photos section on this site didn't seem to work. I just would like to hear some opinions, as this is my first pair of Nudies. I had difficulty figuring out the right sizing and I am therefore curious what people think of the sizing I eventually picked...

rolaids
6th February 2007, 18:58
I had difficulty figuring out the right sizing and I am therefore curious what people think of the sizing I eventually picked...

I think they fit you very well. From the pictures they don't look too tight through the calves. My problem is that my TFs are quite tight in the calves and it leads to some odd bunching. Hopefully they'll stretch out a bit there and become a little more comfortable and hang naturally.

Tiro
6th February 2007, 18:58
no need to apologize, actually the size looks good, tho I would want it a little bit longer, then again, I wouldn't wear tight jeans so... :wink:

stiewie
6th February 2007, 19:03
nice fit but I don't see any need for this topic :evil:Sorry... but its just that the photos section on this site didn't seem to work. I just would like to hear some opinions, as this is my first pair of Nudies. I had difficulty figuring out the right sizing and I am therefore curious what people think of the sizing I eventually picked...

which size did you got?

btw nice fit!

NewNudie
6th February 2007, 19:11
which size did you got?

I got the 30/34. I also tried the 31/34, which fitted quite well, but I was afraid it would stretch out too much. The 30/34 that I now have fits quite tightly, but I guess that will become less soon. As I'm 6'2" (188 cm), I also asked for length 36, but it wasn't available. I guess the lenghth of this one is quite ok, though.

plastic_goose
6th February 2007, 22:53
fit looks good, what waist size do you usually take in other jeans? i'm about to get a pair but have to buy online...

NudieKING
7th February 2007, 01:25
nice fit man

-nudiefive-
7th February 2007, 04:37
nice fit there buddy..couldnt be better :D

Jakob
7th February 2007, 20:00
Yeah theyre awesome dude!

DoitsuJin
7th February 2007, 20:30
not my style but i love the fit!

KianUDIE
7th February 2007, 20:41
nice fit but the bracelet and the belt are kinda gay =)

sorry just not my style =)

Opeth
7th February 2007, 20:48
You should be happy with your jeans man they fit you perfectly

Epilogue
7th February 2007, 20:59
The size for this cut is exactly whad it should it be. ;) So they fit you perfectly for a Thin Finn.

Jakob
7th February 2007, 22:02
nice fit but the bracelet and the belt are kinda gay =)

sorry just not my style =)

It dosn't get anymore rock n roll than a studded belt.

Tiro
7th February 2007, 22:09
I'm getting sick of this 'I want/have to be rock & roll' thing...
clothes don't make you rock & roll or hiphop or techno...

Jakob
7th February 2007, 22:22
no, but you know what is meant by a rock n roll look, i suppose?

Tiro
7th February 2007, 22:37
that is very relative my friend, Elvis was rock & roll but yet I don't see anyone with a white jumpsuit like his :wink:

DoitsuJin
7th February 2007, 22:57
punk bands use that kind of belt too, so i wouldn't exclusively say it's rock & roll. :? besides, in my opinion, how you dress should not define who you are... unfortunately, the majority of the population today live by that rule

NewNudie
8th February 2007, 11:10
fit looks good, what waist size do you usually take in other jeans? i'm about to get a pair but have to buy online...
I used to wear waist size 32 (a somewhat slim style). Those showed a relaxed fit... not baggy, neither tight. As I'm pretty skinny in the waist and around the hips (especially compared to my length), I generally wore a belt in order to prevent it from sagging to much.

My Thin Finns are size 30. I don't need a belt and they are kinda tight aroundt he quads and calves. Since that's exactly what the TF style is about, I guess, I'm kinda glad with the fit. One or two years ago, I would have considered it too tight... but actually... it feels ok!

NewNudie
8th February 2007, 11:35
Oh... by the way... for your info. I first tried a 31, because I expected that going down one size (from the usual 32) would be ok. The 31 fitted well, but I just wanted to try a 30, as I read on this forum that dry jeans stretch out quite much. In the shop it seemed that the 31 suited best, but I nevertheless decided to buy the 30 and indeed, now, the third day, it has actually stretched out a bit already. It was the right choice, I guess. Finally, for your information, the fullest part of my hips/butt/whatever measures some 37.5 inches. The narrowest part of my waist measures some some 30 inches... for what its worth... as no one wears jeans that high (its above the navel)...

hfm
8th February 2007, 14:56
how come alot of you guys from europe have to buy online? is there not alot of stockists over there? it intrigues me since thats where nudie became big? in sydney walking amongst the stores in the city there are around 5 stores on the maint strip!!!

hfm
8th February 2007, 14:57
thats stock nudie sorry not actual nudie stores lol :oops:

plastic_goose
8th February 2007, 21:30
yeh i guess in a major city you could probably find a pair no trouble but i don't really live close enough without making a special trip (although most people would probably say it's worth it!)...

that's interesting about the sizing, the fullest part of my hips is about exactly the same but i would never have thought to go down 2 sizes...i wasn't sure how much the waist itself would stretch out and again after the first wash how much it would shrink back down again...

i've got a couple of pairs of cheap monday unwashed and after i washed them they went so much tighter and don't stretch back out again!

thanks for the info, time to take the plunge i think!

Tiro
8th February 2007, 22:06
how come alot of you guys from europe have to buy online? is there not alot of stockists over there? it intrigues me since thats where nudie became big? in sydney walking amongst the stores in the city there are around 5 stores on the maint strip!!!

basically, cause here in stores, you can find the RR and SS easily in pre-washes, sometimes in dry, sometimes a BB in pre-wash and that's it...

unless I go to the city (MAW store) and there they have alot of other fits, but again, mostly only pre-washes and tight fits...

Jakob
8th February 2007, 22:29
that is very relative my friend, Elvis was rock & roll but yet I don't see anyone with a white jumpsuit like his :wink:

yeah yeah i know, Stone Roses woore baggy pants too fx.

but the normal idea of a rock n roll-look? bikerjacket, converse, slim jeans t-shirt with no sleeves etc. Oh yeah or a punk look if you think :)

NewNudie
9th February 2007, 11:54
that's interesting about the sizing, the fullest part of my hips is about exactly the same but i would never have thought to go down 2 sizes...i wasn't sure how much the waist itself would stretch out and again after the first wash how much it would shrink back down again...
I want to stress, although it may not be obvious from the pictures, that my TF feel quite tight. Although I guess size 30 was a good choice, I still think that 31 might have been (very) okay as well. 31 did not feel tight around the thighs and calves. It also provided more freedom of movement (probably also when cycling, which in size 30 is not ideal, to be honest...).

Now, on day 4, my TF size 30 still feels snug. Again, I guess it looks okay (no one indicated in this thread that the jeans look too tight on me), but if you have doubts yourself you really may really consider ordering 31. It depends on your preferences. As you expected: I would advice you to go to a major city near you and try both the 30 and 31 TF and decide then!

Finally, as I'm 6'2" (188 cm) I also considered length 36. However, neither 30/36 nor 31/36 was available locally. I guess length 34 turned out to be acceptable, though... but no cuffing for me... and sagging is the only option. I really hope it won't shrink too much after the first wash, cause then I guess I must put it for sale or so!

abbazaba
13th February 2007, 04:21
i'm 6'1" and about 155 pounds, and it seems that 30 is a the perfect size for me (pretty tight though). i just got my new pair of thin finn dry's today. 31 fits me well, but whenever i bought in size 31, they end up fitting pretty loosely after a bit of stretching. all in all, my suggestion is to size down since your jeans will stretch. when you end up with a pair that's too big, there's not much you can do but bitch and moan (like i did). here are a couple pictures:

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r51/captainpooface/finns2.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r51/captainpooface/finns.jpg

stiewie
13th February 2007, 11:06
they look perfect on you!

NewNudie
13th February 2007, 11:07
Now, on day 4, my TF size 30 still feels snug. Again, I guess it looks okay (no one indicated in this thread that the jeans look too tight on me), but if you have doubts yourself you really may really consider ordering 31.
For all who's interested... by now, on day 8, the jeans have stretched out quite much, actually... I'm actually glad I didn't buy the 31!

@abbazaba: your jeans indeed look very good; excellent fit!

sunpup
13th February 2007, 16:58
That's a really nice fit abba! :D

plastic_goose
13th February 2007, 22:06
great fit! that's just what i'm hoping for although i've ordered a pair of 31s....what is your usual waist size in other jeans? were your 30s at all difficult to fasten before they loosened?

abbazaba
14th February 2007, 01:41
usually 31's in both non-dry and dry jeans fit well, but i wanted to go tighter which is why i had to size down to 30. i'm on day two and they're still tight, but i can definitely feel that they are stretching. and to answer your question, yeah they were and still are kind of difficult to button, but, as i've said, it's already gotten easier after just one day.