PDA

View Full Version : APC New Cure compared to the Nudie Thin Finn?

blade2950
5th January 2007, 22:20
I just bought a pair of APC new cures about two weeks ago in a size 28. The waist was right at 14" but has now stretched to 15".

I think the new cure is supposed to be very comparable to the cut of the Thin Finn correct? I want to get a pair of thin finn and I'm unsure whether or not to stay with my APC size or to size up.

So should I get a 28 or try for something larger? I want skinny, but anti-fit look.

Dino Might!
5th January 2007, 22:59
im not sure about new cures but im pretty positive the rise isnt anywhere as long as thin finns, if you want a nice skinny anti-fit look than the tf's are definately the jeans, i have a pair im trying to sell that have no wear on them, theyre just a little too big for me, size 31, pm me if youre interested

id size up though if you end up getting some finns, seeing as how apcs are notorious for how much the stretch compared to all other jeans it seams

how do you like your new cures though? any pictures? ive been a little interested in them if i were to ever get some apcs myself :wink:

blade2950
5th January 2007, 23:06
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-7/1197838/January4-07(1).jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2006-7/1197838/January4-07(2).jpg

Those are some pictures. Right, I know APC runs notoriously big, but these SEEM to be about the same measurement wise (from the little information I can thin finns.) as thin Finns. That's why I was wondering if I should stay with 28 and just endure the pain. I could barely button these New Cures up two weeks ago and now they are comfortable (still pretty tight though).

I think those 31s would be way too big for me.

I thought Thin Finns were notorious for stretch as well?

Dino Might!
5th January 2007, 23:20
i didnt mean apcs run big, i just meant they stretch TONS for non stretch denim, as for the finns, i wouldnt call them notorious for stretch, just for the fact that they are stretch denim, so theyre suppposed to

blade2950
5th January 2007, 23:24
Right. I just need to know how much they are going to stretch. I know the size 28 Thin finns have approximately the same waist size as these New Cure's had in the beginning....

....just will the Thin Finns stretch enough to wear them low?

Dino Might!
5th January 2007, 23:44
yeah, id say they would, if not you can always tug on them, 28s should fit you fine from the sound of it

sergio
6th January 2007, 00:41
Right. I just need to know how much they are going to stretch. I know the size 28 Thin finns have approximately the same waist size as these New Cure's had in the beginning....

....just will the Thin Finns stretch enough to wear them low?

It wour help if you told me what size you wear on jeans that aren't selvage. Would I be right in guessing 29 or 30?

blade2950
6th January 2007, 01:20
You mean raw? Cause these APCs aren't selvage.

In other designer jeans I wear anywhere from a 28 to a 30 because of vanity sizing. So that doesn't really help.

I guess I will just give the 28's a try. They should stretch...I hope.

bilmaga
6th January 2007, 05:44
Those look more like a jim than a finn (my opinion)