PDA

View Full Version : thin finn a bit too thin?

talk
19th December 2006, 08:16
i got a size 29 thin finn and im about 5'9 and weigh around 140. i usually like to go a size 30 on normal pants, but my friends told me for these i should downsize. the thing is now they seem grossly tight on the thighs. i personally like to sag my jeans a bit and have a more straight leg type of jeans. is there anyway i can stretch out the knee area so it doesnt come in and make my legs look like an hourglass :( . or would time naturally stretch it out and how long?

with a size 29, would it be possible to get my jeans sort to look like his(the link below) or would i have to get another pair. thanks for the time. :)

http://www.mynudies.com/modules/mx_smartor/album.php?smartor_mode=album_showpage&pic_id=2059

Dino Might!
19th December 2006, 14:27
youre skinny dood! the guys finns in that link dont get anybigger in the knee like youre talking about wanting to do, but they look fabulous, a 29 should fit you nicely though, im about 150 lbs and i wear a 30 in finns :wink:

AsherC
19th December 2006, 14:55
just keep wearing them , try doing something like cycling they will stretch.

im in the same boat as you at the moment my sjdg are so tight that they are looking like ssks.

the tighter the better , more stretching = more fade

Dino Might!
19th December 2006, 20:56
and to sort of add onto asher's comment, in time they will stretch naturally.

probably one of the WORST things that can happen to your raw denim is it stretching out way too much way too early, and its even worse knowing that it couldve been avoided if one only had some patience to not deliberately stretch the denim too much too soon on purpose :wink:

so its up to you, but youve been warned!

talk
21st December 2006, 10:46
uh oh so sleeping in my denim is not good? and ehh too much crosslegged sitting/basketball in them is bad too? ahahahahha.

bilmaga
22nd December 2006, 03:16
uh oh so sleeping in my denim is not good? and ehh too much crosslegged sitting/basketball in them is bad too? ahahahahha.

Wouldn't worry too much man. Just go about your daily routine and don't change anything. Your jeans will turn out just fine :wink:

erictran91
29th August 2007, 23:45
yeah, those will be just fine!

unfortunately for me , i'm only 130 pounds and 5'9 and i don't
know what the hell i was thinking when i ordered a pair of TFDB size 29waist.

now there gonna stretch like a mofo :(
all i can do is pray.

poly800rock
1st September 2007, 03:58
i can't wear thin finns. the calves are too tight for me.

iwannudies
7th September 2007, 15:53
i can't wear thin finns. the calves are too tight for me.
Same here.

Gregory
7th September 2007, 17:56
I'm 5'9...130-135lbs and I wear a 27. For those who have seen my fit pics, the legs are far from skin tight on me....**** I must have some skinny legs.

deviousfool
7th September 2007, 17:59
well i think finns aren't to be worn too tight.. they fit great on you greg.

Gregory
7th September 2007, 18:03
haha Thanks devious.
I've just come to accept the fact that "skinny fit" jeans are always a bit loose on me. I just got a new pair of TLJ in a 26 and they're still pretty roomy in the leg. I do like this look though, much better than the painted on look I've seen on a few people.

deviousfool
7th September 2007, 18:15
i'm not a fan of the painted on look either. remember it's "skinny" jeans not "skin-tight" jeans rite ? :mrgreen:
how does TLJ fit compared to TF ? i'm not sure which cut to get next.. either BO, SSK or TLJ. i wanted to go for looser fits but my waist is just too small for ES or SJ :(

Gregory
7th September 2007, 19:09
check my posting under the TLJ section, I put up some fit pics. I find my Finns almost fit a little tighter in the leg than my TLJ, and the waist size is definitely much more forgiving than the finns (I'm a loose 26 in my TLJ, and a well fitted 27 in my finns)

kronot
16th October 2007, 13:57
oh cool im not the only one that finds it abit too tight at the calves for thin finns! :mrgreen:

Gsko
16th October 2007, 14:03
oh cool im not the only one that finds it abit too tight at the calves for thin finns! :mrgreen:

no, not at all :p

ThickFinns
14th April 2009, 17:32
mine tight both in the thigh and calves lol

DanLeNguyen
19th June 2009, 01:35
yeah, those will be just fine!

unfortunately for me , i'm only 130 pounds and 5'9 and i don't
know what the hell i was thinking when i ordered a pair of TFDB size 29waist.

now there gonna stretch like a mofo :(
all i can do is pray.

Im about the same. I got a 28...they are tight as hell, but a nice fit. I hope they will stretch though. thinking maybe 29 would have been nice. but only time will tell

davety
21st June 2009, 04:32
^ from what i've seen of the finns (from other guys, not my own pair) is that these work best pretty tight. just an opinion, but the arse-sag is just a little too goofy looking when they're at a regular fit- like mine :oops: hence they see very little active wear...

kyniver
21st June 2009, 14:25
well thin finns arent meant to be skin tight as some people have stated before. thats why nudies has tight long john and high kai.

then again its not meant to be baggy or 'roomy' either. it's that close mix between skinny (tlj) and slim (sj) which i love personally.

thinn finns for life!

CPaterson
6th August 2009, 19:33
Hey guys, I am new to the site, and bought my first pair of nudies yesterday :) I am really excited about them. So I am 5'9, 135 pounds and i bought Thin Finn with a 29 waist. They are snug, very snug. The 30 ones fit good, but one of the store workers said that the 29's would stretch to be a perfect size... Is that true? how much will they stretch?

Steng0lv
8th August 2009, 19:53
^ Just wear them as much/often as you can and they will stretch out and fit you nice :) . A tip is to sleep in them aswell.

teapot
4th September 2009, 18:59
Thin finns are the best! Seriously, what a great pair of jeans. All it needs is time.

Usedtoyou
11th September 2009, 02:27
Hey guys purchased a pair of thin finns and was wondering about the stretch. I usually wear 28 in slim jims and tried the 28 in tfds which was snug, but I decided to go with 29 as I kinda want a baggier fit.

Will it over stretch? :(

LAPR
4th June 2010, 07:32
I'm 6 ft 185 and 31 in thin finns surprisingly fit me.
when i first got them i did squats in them for like 15 minutes and just religiously wore them. they look great now.
Im really scared to wash them though...

mikelane18
25th July 2010, 14:21
I have tfs with the white ecru embo. Im a 29. 5'' 7' and wieght 135. they fit great and the pockets are placed low so they look lower.