PDA

View Full Version : Gaming

Pages : [1] 2

captain yellow shirt
17th November 2006, 08:31
Anyone here have the new Nintendo Wii system? Opinions on how it runs? PS3 or Wii, which would you get?

VolitioN
17th November 2006, 11:04
first of all: i dont think youre in the right place asking these types of questions. You probably wont get much information out of the people here as you would get out of people in a gaming forum.

That being said...

The teasers i have seen for nintendo wii gives me the impression that its childish and that the games are not that good. I bet like all interactive games (singstar, buzz, guitarhero etc..) its crazy fun for like a month and then you get tired of it. I saw some clips of fishing games, tennis games, ping pong, swordfighting and boxing etc, and the graphics seemed poor and the gaming options limited. The combination between you having to move like crazy with the controller and the limited gaming options probably takes the fun out of the games pretty quick.

I have a x-box 360 and i am very happy with it. Mainly because of the live options. Havent tried/dont know anything about the PS3 but im sure that will be ok too. Depends on what games you like. But if PS3 dont have the same live options as 360 i would go for the 360.

Paco
17th November 2006, 14:42
To put it short :,>
Nintendo Wiiiii is for fun , just chilling with a couple of friends after some alcohol ^^
Xbox 360 is more directed towards the online gaming, Which can be really cool but you do need to have live else it's boring
Ps3 is just too darn expensive for my taste , but i'm not sure about the specs

Jenova
17th November 2006, 20:43
nintendo mainly focused on the gameplay instead of the graphics, besides the graphics are not that bad it supports 480p. But the SONY is all about high tech n stuff, the PS3 supprots up to 1080p but also its like somewhere around $600 for the 60 Gb model. I wouldnt get any of those, ill stick with my PC :D

Epilogue
19th November 2006, 02:08
People who call the Wii childish for sure don't understand anything. Nintendo goes a completely different direction with it's newest console and in my opinion it is a much better way than Microsoft and Sony go. Zelda and Metroid Prime are still some of the best games around. I can't stand all the FPS games on Microsoft. Halo for example is boring as hell. I can't stand Microsoft at all just because they don't make things for fun or even profit, they just told, that they felt to have to go into the game market because of the multimedia sharings of the cake. They still lose money with every console they sell. A truly stupid arrogant company. Xbox360 has one game that interests me, and that is Massive Effect as I truly love games with deep stories which you won't get on a Xbox. Sony did some mistakes now but I still think it will have some killer games in future. All in all I go for Nintendo Wii and PS3. Microsoft ist for game snoobs who will always play the same kind of boring games.

Milk_oh
23rd November 2006, 21:52
People who call the Wii childish for sure don't understand anything. Nintendo goes a completely different direction with it's newest console and in my opinion it is a much better way than Microsoft and Sony go. Zelda and Metroid Prime are still some of the best games around. I can't stand all the FPS games on Microsoft. Halo for example is boring as hell. I can't stand Microsoft at all just because they don't make things for fun or even profit, they just told, that they felt to have to go into the game market because of the multimedia sharings of the cake. They still lose money with every console they sell. A truly stupid arrogant company. Xbox360 has one game that interests me, and that is Massive Effect as I truly love games with deep stories which you won't get on a Xbox. Sony did some mistakes now but I still think it will have some killer games in future. All in all I go for Nintendo Wii and PS3. Microsoft ist for game snoobs who will always play the same kind of boring games.

Totally agree man! PS3 or Wii forget 360! The graphics in 360 are not that good, in some cases you dont see any differnece from regular xbox!

Epilogue
23rd November 2006, 22:17
Well that's always the case at the beginning of a new generation. The developers had no time to maximize the graphics and still don't know the possibilities of the machines at all. The PS3 also doesn't have great graphics now. It will change in 2007.

M!ch
23rd November 2006, 22:42
I'm glad there are more people here who still like and understand what Nintendo is all about.
A game console is designed to play the games that are made for them, but if those games suck the console can have trizillion specs and 6D images for what i care, but those games will still suck and i will not like to play them.
Nintendo has always been about playability and looking at gaming from a different and original angle, and that has left us with some games that really suck, but also with some of the greatest games ever designed.
I have to admit i did'nt like the gamecube that much, just hoping that the wii will bring back the true nintendo spirit from the older days.

Epilogue
23rd November 2006, 23:00
I still love the Gamecube. :) It had supreme games: Eternal Darkness (one of the best horror Lovecraft inspired games), Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Resident Evil 4 (better graphics than Xbox games), Mario Kart: Double Dash (still the best game to play with friends). I guess I had more fun with it than with my PS2 on which I probably enjoyed ICO at most.

Koert
23rd November 2006, 23:26

Totally agree man! PS3 or Wii forget 360! The graphics in 360 are not that good, in some cases you dont see any differnece from regular xbox!

Haha that's just bullshit! The 360's graphics are as good as the PS3's. Have you seen Gears of War yet? That game looks amazing! And it's not just the graphics. Xbox Live is a fantastic service.

I'm thinking of buying a Wii when it releases here in Holland... But there aren't any good games on launch except Zelda.

Epilogue
23rd November 2006, 23:31

Haha that's just bullshit! The 360's graphics are as good as the PS3's. Have you seen Gears of War yet? That game looks amazing! And it's not just the graphics. Xbox Live is a fantastic service.

I'm thinking of buying a Wii when it releases here in Holland... But there aren't any good games on launch except Zelda.

Where did I say, that Xbox has not good graphics? Gear Of War is one year after the Xbox release and I didn't say that PS3 graphics are better but also not so good at start ;) Better reading serves well, you can do it, I know you can do it young padawan :lol: I just said that it has boring games as hell.

M!ch
24th November 2006, 01:35
I still love the Gamecube. :) It had supreme games: Eternal Darkness (one of the best horror Lovecraft inspired games), Zelda: Ocarina Of Time, Metroid Prime, Pikmin, Resident Evil 4 (better graphics than Xbox games), Mario Kart: Double Dash (still the best game to play with friends).

Ocarina of time was originally released for the N64, it?s my favourite game of all times and to play with friends nothing beats Mariokart 64 imo. :)

Epilogue
24th November 2006, 01:48
Ah yeah, it was for the N64, you're right, but I played it first on the Gamecube because it was a bonus game on the limited Wind Waker disc.

des_cartes
24th November 2006, 04:23
i never really liked consoles much but resident evil 4 for gamecube was the greatest game ever, ive spent nights playing it with friends, again and again...but 600$ just for a gaming device, are there any sane persons buying it? what is wrong with those people?

Jenova
24th November 2006, 05:37
I think buying a ps3 isnt waste of money cuz a blue ray player is around $1000 but a 60gb ps3 is only around $600 u get to play games and watch movies in HD (1080p). i think it is worth of buying it!!

Epilogue
24th November 2006, 10:25
Besides no intelligent people buy concoles at the start, due to the children illnes and the price. Wait until middle of 2007 und you will get a bug free Xbox360 for 300, PS3 for 400 and Wii for 200. I personally will wait until the Wii gets a special edition (different color with a game bundle) and the PS3 costs 300 Euro. I will maybe take a year from here but I still have to buy 10000 games I want to play for less than 10 Euro for the PS2 and Gamecube. Like Shadow Of The Colossus, Okami, Resident Evil Zero, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 etc. The list is unending, so there is no matter to hurry. :)

Nudie-joch.
28th November 2006, 22:34
anyone who plays the game of the century :!: :P ..PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER..? :roll:

Epilogue
28th November 2006, 23:01
People writting "blabla bla"=taking themselves too serious. Get over it.

cameland
29th November 2006, 09:34
the Wii is where its at. gaming has always been about evolution and nintendo prove this time and time again. theyve made so much innovation and such you cant ever put them down like that. Zelda TP. will be the game of the year this year no doubt. If you wanted good graphics and all that jazz then watch a star wars movie or LOTR. If you want to have fun whilst interacting with on screen characters in a new and interesting way get a Wii.

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Epilogue
29th November 2006, 11:13
Hrhrhrhrhrh. Wii will Wii will rock you!

Jakob
2nd December 2006, 19:03
This one: http://www.zanorg.com/prodperso/jeuxchiants/doublejeu.htm

No life :P

Koert
2nd December 2006, 19:30

Where did I say, that Xbox has not good graphics? Gear Of War is one year after the Xbox release and I didn't say that PS3 graphics are better but also not so good at start ;) Better reading serves well, you can do it, I know you can do it young padawan :lol: I just said that it has boring games as hell.

I didn't quote you Epilogue :lol:

captain yellow shirt
2nd December 2006, 19:42
I totally agree with Epilogue! I have been a fan of Zelda since it came out REGULAR nintendo and have been re-playing the whole series till now on the other systems nintendo created. Now that I have bought the Nintendo Wii for my son and playing the new Zelda is so much fun, the story has so much depth;and being that iteractive..no words! One more thing, you cannot go wrong with a system that has produce games that predominately occupy most of the slots in the top 10 best video games in the history of humanity.

I also purchased the PS3 and the grphics are gr8. I have all the systems going back to pong and the biggest purchase regret it have is XBOX! Get a PS3 and a Wii!

cameland
3rd December 2006, 05:09
so i wont be disapponted playing the new zelda? THANK GOD. Wii drops iin oz next thursday!

Paco
3rd December 2006, 11:47
I totally agree with Epilogue! I have been a fan of Zelda since it came out REGULAR nintendo and have been re-playing the whole series till now on the other systems nintendo created. Now that I have bought the Nintendo Wii for my son and playing the new Zelda is so much fun, the story has so much depth;and being that iteractive..no words! One more thing, you cannot go wrong with a system that has produce games that predominately occupy most of the slots in the top 10 best video games in the history of humanity.

I also purchased the PS3 and the grphics are gr8. I have all the systems going back to pong and the biggest purchase regret it have is XBOX! Get a PS3 and a Wii!
Damn do you got shitloads of money?
i'm not sure how old you are but i could only dream of having a nintendo wii & a ps3 :D altho i wouldn't spend my money on the ps3 even if i had it the console is just to darn expensive for my taste.nintendo wii is great tho 8)

captain yellow shirt
4th December 2006, 02:29
Im 26 and a respiratory therapist in the hospital (if you dont know what that is Im the guy they call when patients code and have to do compressions and assist in intubation; I also give breathing treatment to all you smokers out there) Easiest job in the hospital! Me and my co workers pretty much hangout at the cafeteria and play scrabble or watch movies during our shift.
I make about 500 US daily

cameland
4th December 2006, 04:42
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

bilmaga
4th December 2006, 04:48
That's alot of money.

How long did you have to go to school to get that job?

captain yellow shirt
4th December 2006, 06:37
Its a two year program much like a nursing, but you can finish it in a year and a half...not very dificult at all...its funny how I have friends that went to 4 year universities and cant even get a decent job or cant even do anything with it; and i went to a community college!

bilmaga
4th December 2006, 07:07
Wow, thats awesome.

Good for you man!

Bobbejaan
15th June 2007, 17:30
I got Forza 2 since 3 days and it really rocks

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y117/Bobbejaan1000/77a78c76-9252-46fa-8c0a-6d87ba4b567.jpg

M!ch
15th June 2007, 17:38
Just playing a lot on my wii against some friends or my girl.
I even downloaded some of the old school classics on it and they're still good fun to play.
Lot's of fun and better then those chewed out first person shooters which are all alike imo.

Mitch_Nudie
15th June 2007, 18:45
You should get an xbox 360! Ghost Recon 2! and online gamen with our clan!

drydenimbabeeh
15th June 2007, 18:49
Yeah an Xbox 360 that scratches your Ghost Recon 2 disc Mitch :lol:
Did you get a new one?

Ghost
15th June 2007, 19:34
Funny I used to run and moderate a gaming section in another forum once. But the Wii is worth the money and so much more. The indepthness and level of interactivity is amazing. Some guys are obviously geared for everyone but there are games for the more "adult" gamer as well. The Godfather is a great game using the controllers and soon Rockstar's Manhunt 2 will be coming for the Wii as well. I can't wait to see how they will use the controllers for that! All in all it's worth it.

I bought one for my family, but then I couldn't find one out here to get another one. I have a 360 right now of which I rarely play and the last game I got was Guitar Hero 2 cause I was bored and wanted that damn guitar and see what everyone was going on about.

Other then that I'd be playing with the Wii. Games are much cheaper as well and plus you can download and buy old games to play on the system. Kind of like Live Arcade for the Xbox just more classic stuff worth owning.

A side note Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix will be coming to Xbox Live Marketplace with completely new redesigned higher resolution characters and animation for full HD. YOu can only download the game but you can play against ppl online, offline and just against the computer. IT's going to be the BEST SF since the original SF2!

Sarge
16th June 2007, 14:47
Having played on all 3:

The Wii is a party console. FUN FUN FUN
The Xbox 360 is a damn good console, with some GREAT games.
The Xbox 360 Elite will be THE console!!!! (PS3 slaying hard drive + HDMI)
PS3 has a clumsy menu system, flimsy controllers and no rumble feature.

Unless your TV is HD and +40" there is no difference in graphics between the 360 and PS3, and even then its only a "geek" difference, and the difference between them and the graphics on Doom3 on Xbox is next to nothing on a normal tv.
PS3 doesn't have any good games yet.
PS3 doesn't have rumble, which is about as essential as a TV to modern gaming in my view!
Sony can't make operating systems, Microsoft "can".

I own a 360 by the way and i've had it ages, and it hasn't broke.

If Sony releases rumble support, some great PS3 only games, and by this time the Xbox 720 hasn't been released with way better specs than the PS3, i will probably buy a PS3.

drydenimbabeeh
16th June 2007, 15:02
PS3 did a terrible job with the menu interface :?
They used the PSP interface wich I think is crap!

drydenimbabeeh
16th June 2007, 15:05
I have an Xbox 360 too!

Maybe it's a good idea for everyone that has a 360 and has Xbox Live to put there gamertags here!!
That would be fun, we could game together sometime and stuff.

Mine is: DEADLYtheDUTCH

Bobbejaan
23rd June 2007, 16:24
my gamertag is just "Bobbejaan"

I'd love to see that Street fighter man. I love that game. I have it on my 360.

A couple of weeks ago i bought a NES from internet. i paid 10 euro (granpa & granma). the thing is almost new. I asked a vintage gameshop. They told me because i had the NES pack without mario/duckhunt just the box it came in is worth about 80euro's. Because back when the NES came out almost everyone bought the mario/duckhunt version. And the box doest have a scratch and is complete with book and everything.

http://computermuseum.50megs.com/images/collection/nintendo-nes-box.jpg
Whahaha i love buying stuff online

p.s. I also love 8-bit turtles

king_lenahan
23rd June 2007, 16:46
anybody got mario football and an internet connection for their wii??

chrisc
23rd June 2007, 16:55
first of all: i dont think youre in the right place asking these types of questions. You probably wont get much information out of the people here as you would get out of people in a gaming forum.

I think you've come to the right place! There must be gamers on here,

I beleive it comes down the personal preference, Nintendo for me always produce quality titles that everyone can enjoy, they're even starting to release more adult themed titles so variety is good, same goes with Sony,. both have a large back-catalogue of really good franchised games such as Mario series, Grand theft auto etc,...

As for performance, its always best to keep in mind what kind of gamer you are, for me its simple, right now if you prefer graphics over gameplay then go for a PS3, if its gameplay over graphics then its the Wii.

Both consoles only have a handful of 'wow' games available at the moment, but you have to remember these consoles havn't even seen over a year of shelf life,

that goes for the power of the systems, remember GTA:3 on the ps2? compare it to GTA: San andreas ps2 and you get what I mean, same with Nintendo, .. Resident evil series on the gamecube, to looking at the Resident Evil 4, ...developers only touch the surface of the hardwares capability at the start of their shelf life, which on average lasts 5 years give or take.

As for the price tag, you really do get what you pay for,

PS3's pricetag can seem off-putting to most gamers, which might explain its slow sales in comparison with the Wii, .. but at the end of the day not only does it pack the most advanced hard-ware it also has a blu-ray drive, which still works out cheaper than buying a stand-alone blu-ray player.

The Wii's hardware is more or less an upgrade of the Gamecube (ie its CPU has been over-clocked and GPU boasting more RAM), which makes it out to be approx 4 times more powerful,..but still only managing to equal the power of the X-box 1.

That said, although it isn't as 'next-gen' as the PS3 and 360 only being able to run at a resolution of 480 compared to 1020 its main advantage is its unique control system,... which you should already know about anyways,

Don't be off-put by the loads of bad games out using this control system as more of a 'gimmick', developers are just lazy and bringing ports of old ps2 games over, ,... rest assured there are a stack of excellent games to be released over the next few weeks,

I think I'll stop there, at the end of the day you have to go with what you've done in the past, if you've gone with a PS2 over a Gamecube then you've answered your own question, but if you like a mix of games and purchase both consoles you really won't be dissapointed in the Wii!

Sarge
23rd June 2007, 16:59
Anyone got Guitar Hero 2?! I'm tempted to buy it but is it worth the 60+?

chrisc
23rd June 2007, 17:12
Don't own guitar hero 2 but looking back on GH1 and even donkey konga I'd say its worth the pricetag,

Stupidly addictive gaming and its on-line too!

Ghost
23rd June 2007, 19:35
Guitar Hero 2 I'd say is kinda worth it. I just think it sucks that before it was like $60-70 for the Guitar and game, and now it's upped to $90. I caved in and got it anyways. They improved a bit on it but I think it's definitely worth it for the 360. Better to have another buddy get a controller and plug in to play back up guitar or bass, or even go head to head!
What makes this even more worth it is the fact that you can buy new songs off the Live MarketPlace, that alone is worth the extra payment (well if only they through in some extra songs)

But you might want to wait till Guitar Hero 3 comes out later in the year. The songs will be even better, some will actually be sung by the original bands, plus it'll come with a Les Paul Gibson styled controller that will be wireless for the Xbox. Unfortunately I will cave in and get it too since they'll have Smashing Pumpkins on there. Rumour has it that the last song will be Stairway to Heaven. If you noticed the first Guitar Hero said "No Free Bird" constantly. GH2 has Free Bird at the end of the game but throughout it tells you, "No Stairway!" So that's what might be big.
Also more multiplayer options which will be more fun. I only wish you could play vs online, which I'm not sure might be the case this time.

My tag is Hum 4 CHAOS there's two spaces around the 4 :) My account ends next month but I'll be back as soon as Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD remix comes out :)

Nudie-joch.
23rd June 2007, 21:19
is there really nobody playing the game of the century except me..PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER??? :roll:

Ghost
23rd June 2007, 21:25
With a name like that I dunno who would... :roll:

Just kidding, I'm a fan of Winning 11 Seven actually. But I don't have any futball games right now.

drydenimbabeeh
24th June 2007, 01:10
I never liked the Pro Evo Series.
I don't know why but I think I'm more of an graphics kinda guy :P
So Fifa has allways been the game for me.

And now we can discuss and compare those two games but actually in the end nothing good comes from it :P
I've seen it on many forums. Big fights over Fifa Vs. Pro Evo.

theLorax
26th June 2007, 07:07
i own all the systems and the one that gets the most use is my xbox360 w/ xbox live. playing gears, cod3, test drive unlimited. its definately the best for online play and online play is the best thing about gaming.

Bobbejaan
26th June 2007, 11:28
do you like TDU that much ? i expected more of the driving.
And i loved Cod2.. I skipped 3 and will be buying 4

Arianuz
26th June 2007, 11:32
do you like TDU that much ? i expected more of the driving.
And i loved Cod2.. I skipped 3 and will be buying 4

CODUO is still the best of all COD games

online is quite fun! :twisted:

Bobbejaan
26th June 2007, 14:50
nah man thats old. i only play console games.

Arianuz
26th June 2007, 14:54
nah man thats old. i only play console games.

at least you could cooke the granades in CODUO, not in COD. CODII & CODIII

ninjapie
26th June 2007, 14:58
Anyone here a fan of the Tales of series, Devil May Cry (part 2 sucked), Zone of the Enders?

Arianuz
26th June 2007, 15:32
need for speed series is also quite awesome

Bobbejaan
26th June 2007, 15:48
i got NFSMW for the 360 . Its more of the same but still very addictable

brentos
26th June 2007, 16:34
So uh, this may be way beyond the geekdom and nerdage found in this thread -- None of which I am attacking cause I'm a HUGE geek, not nerd, my self -- But does anyone play WoW, World of Warcraft, by any chance? I recently got swept up in the 'online sensation' :P

TiaKo
26th June 2007, 16:38
So uh, this may be way beyond the geekdom and nerdage found in this thread -- None of which I am attacking cause I'm a HUGE geek, not nerd, my self -- But does anyone play WoW, World of Warcraft, by any chance? I recently got swept up in the 'online sensation' :P

Get out while you can bro! My brother is totally addicted to the game and he has to quit school because he only played this game..day and night, therefor his grades weren't high enough. If you want to keep your normal life, than don't play this game!!

I'm serious..tryin' to save your life here man :wink:

Bobbejaan
26th June 2007, 17:33
a friend of mine got WoW..

he had it for 3 months of which he was 1 whole month online.

thats 8 hours a day. He broke the cd and framed it. :D

ninjapie
26th June 2007, 19:41
WoW sucks. I used to play Lineage, Ragnarok Online, Star Wars Galaxies, and Lineage II, though -- in that order.

Not counting the games I used to (closed/open) beta test.

brentos
26th June 2007, 20:26

Get out while you can bro! My brother is totally addicted to the game and he has to quit school because he only played this game..day and night, therefor his grades weren't high enough. If you want to keep your normal life, than don't play this game!!
I'm serious..tryin' to save your life here man :wink:

Lol. Its hardly my life. I'm probably more active than alot of people, actually. Just something I play a couple hours a week. Oh, and I'm not worried about my grades either. That's the last of my worries (I do very well school with minimal effort). :)

I already work 4 days a week, 8 hours a day, and play paintball all day for atleast one day every week, then, on one of my other two days off, im playing hockey for atleast 2-3 hours and hanging out side.

WoW is just somethign I can pick up and play when I've got nothing else to do and I like that. Racing games and FPS have just become too routine and boring for me. I used to play CS all the time and pretty much every mod that came w/ it, but it was all the same and extremely boring. Not to mention there were countless hacks that ruined all these games.

ninjapie
8th July 2007, 03:01
Play-asia has a 20% on all their in-stock items, which can be shipped directly.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-7g1i-71-d-49-en.html

If you're planning on ordering something, use my affiliate link please. I'll love you long time. <3

Ghost
8th July 2007, 03:59
Anyone here a fan of the Tales of series, Devil May Cry (part 2 sucked), Zone of the Enders?

You gotta be kidding me, ZoE sucked bad. Totally boring and redundant game.

ninjapie
8th July 2007, 21:28
Part 1 was kinda meh, but 2nd runner totally kicked ass. You probably just sucked at it!

Ghost
8th July 2007, 22:27
Haha right. I'm sorry if I want games that keep my interest and don't bore me with the same old boring environments and gameplay... :D

Conifurious
10th July 2007, 10:46
Just in response to the originally posted question, I have no intention of buying a horrendously overpriced PS3 until it receives yet another price drop. Not a cent more than $300, that my limit. I really want to play MGS:4 already! I have been following that series since...the beginning.

Ghost
10th July 2007, 10:48
Well it's a big drop. Considering they were way underselling it to begin with. They have over $1000 worth of tech in that thing and selling it for what they did was already a massive blow. $499 PLUS 5 free BR DVDs from Sony plus some other free shit from Amazon, kind of a hard deal to pass up. I might just get it so I can play BR discs since I already have an HD DVD player. Only drawback so far is that it's the emulator system that's replacing the old Emotion engine that was the old PS2 in the systems and that it has not been updated with the new Java codecs to handle the Blu Ray interfacing.

benjy
10th July 2007, 17:22
PS3 $500US only. At the current rate we should only paying $581AUS for them but they are charging us $980AUS without 5 free BR DVDs.

We have a wii and 360 at home, though dont think me or my brother would want a ps3...unless dynasty warriors comes out and is amazing.
Other then that, i think it may just quickly die out like the psp. <lol DS FTW!

ninjapie
13th July 2007, 01:51
I ordered FF3 for the DS through play-asia. It better be good! >:0

Ghost
13th July 2007, 19:37
PS3 $500US only. At the current rate we should only paying $581AUS for them but they are charging us $980AUS without 5 free BR DVDs.

We have a wii and 360 at home, though dont think me or my brother would want a ps3...unless dynasty warriors comes out and is amazing.
Other then that, i think it may just quickly die out like the psp. <lol DS FTW!

Ahhh!! See! That's how I know you like redundant games! Dynasty Warriors?! Talk about one of the most boring games ever made! Just playing the demo when the original PS2 came out was enough to say I'm never playing this game again! I'm just waiting for Metal Gear Solid 4 and that's about it!

Epilogue
13th July 2007, 20:09
Sony will get killer games with time (Only think about the ICO and Shadow Of The Colossus sequels, Killzone 2, MGS4, all the Ratchet and Clanks etc.) and though it is too expensive for me at the moment, I would take it anytime over a crappy Xbox which has to be sent in about 10 times because it breaks all the time. I will wait for the price of 350 Euro or something in the way. The price cut in the USA was useless, as the 60GB PS dissapears in the next months, so it's more like a sellout. What really angries me is that Europe is treated so bad. I wish the whole Europe would boycott Sony just that they can learn from it and things get better.

Epilogue
13th July 2007, 20:40
The team ICO is already making a new game for the PS3.

drydenimbabeeh
13th July 2007, 20:44
Yeah maybe,
but the problem is that Playstation isn't coming with good games that are PS3 exclusive.
Maybe a few but really not much.
As I see it, Xbox360 is on top atm.
And will stay at the top. They have more exclusive titels and a lot of people already own a 360.
I could be wrong but I see it this way. I'm not saying PS3 has bad games!
Just not many exclusive titels ;) .

Epilogue
13th July 2007, 20:54
That's why I said that they will come. At the end of 08 Sony will have more. You will remember my words. And not Xbox is on the top but the Wii. And with Wii Fit I don't see anything on the horizon, that that will stop them in crushing Sony and Microsoft into the ground. I see the millions of houswives buying Wii Fit just to lose on weight and do Yoga.

drydenimbabeeh
13th July 2007, 21:10
Yeah lol they will have exclusive titels of course. But they aren't all that good man.
And especially a PS3 is a waste of money. Why would you buy a console that costs the same as an Xbox360 plus a Wii together?
Oh well maybe it's just me but thats my opinion ;)

TiaKo
13th July 2007, 21:21
Sony and Microsoft are gonna drop the prices on the ps3 and xbox360, that's because they wanna keep up with the succes of nintendo's wii, which is relatively cheap. So somewhat this year the ps3 will be dropped to 499 instead of 599 i thought and i can't remember the new price of the 360..but it'll drop aswell. So maybe you can still buy an xbox and a wii for the same price as a ps3, but that price will be lower now :D Read about this in the financial times this week..

benjy
15th July 2007, 09:14
Everyone has a wii but i dont think they will play it that much. Probably an hour or soo a day. I only played mine for the first few weeks now i havent touched it since.

Nintendo DS would be the best in my book. Saw a pokemon ds thing the other day in the shopping center. The place was packed!
Whatever happened to the PSP?

Epilogue
15th July 2007, 22:34
Yeah lol they will have exclusive titels of course. But they aren't all that good man.
And especially a PS3 is a waste of money. Why would you buy a console that costs the same as an Xbox360 plus a Wii together?
Oh well maybe it's just me but thats my opinion ;)

Because I get a 400 Euro console plus a 200 Euro Blu-Ray Player + 2 games for free at the moment. If I wanted a Xbox with HD-DVD and 2 games I would be at 900 Euro.

And to Wii: I play Mario Strikers Charged very often with my friends. The Wii is perfect for friends coming around. Never got this experience with other consoles, so I will never regret it. And because of the awesome seller that the Wii is, a lot of developers switched to the Wii and I bet there will come many many great games in about a year, and not only for causual gamers but also great RPGs like on the Nintendo DS at the moment. The DS was also a non seller at the beginning and everyone thought it will die fast, and what is? Soon it could break the record of the best selled console, the PS2. The Wii will go this direction when the flood of games arrives in 1-2 years like it was on the DS.

theLorax
17th July 2007, 21:00
anyone who's into playing shooters on xbox live hit me up

gamertag: hepnotic

Legoland
17th July 2007, 22:31
killzone 2 looks like a good enough reason to invest in a ps3...

theLorax
18th July 2007, 03:20
the next gran turismo or final fantasy game are the ones that could force me to buy a ps3

ninjapie
18th July 2007, 20:19
The only FF I'm looking forward to ATM are FF:Tactics 2 and FF:IV for the DS. :(

Sarge
28th August 2007, 16:13
Anyone got any thoughts on what game i should get for my girlfriend on the wii?! (the last nintendo i had was my gameboy back in '92) She loves zelda....

drydenimbabeeh
28th August 2007, 16:27
Well, maybe Metroid Prime 3?
Dunno when the release date is but it can't be very long.

cameland
28th August 2007, 17:26
The mario soccer game is so much fun. Even though I suck, its awesome to play with your mates over.

Bobbejaan
28th August 2007, 18:43
last week i was living in san fiero..

i HATE the fact that they didnt make the date with GTA4

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/203480/circuit%20gta%20san%20andreas.JPG

Ghost
28th August 2007, 19:34
Well, maybe Metroid Prime 3?
Dunno when the release date is but it can't be very long.

Metroid 3 Corruption comes out today baby!!! Wooo!

I just picked up Dead Rising and Saints Row for $25 each so I'm in the process of beating those. Plus I also just bought some old GameCube games, one called Killer7 which is a really badass M rated game.

Gotta get Metroid today!

drydenimbabeeh
28th August 2007, 20:15
last week i was living in san fiero..

i HATE the fact that they didnt make the date with GTA4

http://images.forum-auto.com/mesimages/203480/circuit%20gta%20san%20andreas.JPG

Me too man :(
But actually I kinda saw it coming.
Didn't see much in-game screens at all, wich is very rare for a game that allmost hits the stores.
Oh well, Halo 3 is on it's way :D
Can't wait for that one man.

Bobbejaan
29th August 2007, 00:03
nah i like call of duty better.. halo is too fast and too spacy

Tiro
29th August 2007, 01:01
Halo owns man! tho I still much prefer the original over Halo2, dunno, it was just better gameplay imho...

I played that for hours and hours man, knocking bitches down with my pistol from the back... :lol:

Ghost
29th August 2007, 01:08
Thanks for reminding me of killer 7 ghost...ive been meaning to get that game...also gonna pick up MP3 today...

the makers of killer 7 are making a sick game for the wii called "no more heroes" looks sweet, check out the previews at ign.

Yeah I got to see a preview of it at E3 and was hoping they would show it at PAX in Seattle but they didn't have it. Looks like it's gonna be great fun.

New Turok game coming out too!

Manhunt 2 for the Wii comes out on Halloween! It's gonna be a must have!

And hell yeah Halo 3 co op online!

Call of Duty franchise is great but so fcuking easy. I play those on hard and while it's a bitch they're still way to fast to beat which is why I hate buying those for the xbox since it's ripoff at $60. I just get them for the PC anyways cheaper and better graphics.

Oh and Zelda and the Phantom Hourglass looks like it's gonna be fun!

Tiro
29th August 2007, 01:18
Yeah I got to see a preview of it at E3

Damn you all to hell and for all eternity! I want to go! :evil:

Ghost
29th August 2007, 04:01
Damn you all to hell and for all eternity! I want to go! :evil:

Haha I guess living out here in Cali has an upside!

Im waiting phantom hourglass soooo badly. Looks sick!
I already got MP3! Ive played very little..I love the controls!....along with it I bought the Wii component cables for my hdtv...I know it isnt nearly as good as 720p could be, but the 480p that the Wii puts out is pretty nice.

I'm about to head out to pick up my copy right now. I forgot I still need to print out my info for Best Buy.

***ATTENTION***

If you're all on the fence for PS3 or BluRay players, now's the time to act!

Buy a PS3, add free 3 BluRay titles from this list:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_5393252_1/105-8048423-9373200?ie=UTF8&docId=1000125021&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=special-offers-2&pf_rd_r=1P56HZW1X8RRJD41C0SK&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=305796401&pf_rd_i=B0009VXAM0&tag=blurayforum-20

Plus the 5 more you get from the mail in rebate.

So you get the 60 gig PS3 + 8 movies for around $475.

This isn't spamming it's a deal! I just picked one of these up again after I returned my last PS3 that I had paid full price for.

You can actually get it even lower then $475. I got it down to $465 shipped with free two day shipping. It's a must regardless of shitty games on the PS3, it's a great player plus it upconverts your old PS2 games too! Man after this I'll be out of the denim biz for a while phew! haha.

Drewbee
29th August 2007, 05:03
I play video games....way too much. Been playing PS3 alot lately...unlike my 360, it doesnt freeze on me and make noises :P.

PSN: Drewbee
Xbox Live: Nudies7

Feel free to add me. Play alot of Fifa, Forza 2, and Resistance (PS3)

Ghost
29th August 2007, 06:04
I play video games....way too much. Been playing PS3 alot lately...unlike my 360, it doesnt freeze on me and make noises :P.

PSN: Drewbee
Xbox Live: Nudies7

Feel free to add me. Play alot of Fifa, Forza 2, and Resistance (PS3)

That's harsh bro! I love my 360! I have way more fun on that and on the Wii then the PS3 combined! Xbox has the best online play too!

Ghost...the link isnt working...

And sorry bout that a lot was missing. Here's the link again guys!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_5393252_1/105-8048423-9373200?ie=UTF8&docId=1000125021&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=special-offers-2&pf_rd_r=1P56HZW1X8RRJD41C0SK&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=305796401&pf_rd_i=B0009VXAM0&tag=blurayforum-20

Ghost
29th August 2007, 06:08
My main reason was, a super cheap badass Blu Ray player. Not to mention you won't be getting a PS3 at this price after Sept. After this they're just getting rid of the 60GB models and will only sell the 80GB for $599.

Ghost
29th August 2007, 07:18
It's shitty but just can't help it. They put out what could be considered an $1000+ gaming entertainment system out and sold it at $500 and $600. They're losing so much money by putting this thing out it's insane. Even at those prices it's a great deal. They just tried doing to many things at one time and that really pissed off a lot of ppl.

Drewbee
29th August 2007, 07:29
Never said it was better bro...however Iam on my 4th Xbox. And yes Xbox live> everything.

Ghost
29th August 2007, 11:00
Never said it was better bro...however Iam on my 4th Xbox. And yes Xbox live> everything.

It's a shame that's happened. Either way 3 year warranties are on now. Plus if you buy your systems at Costco you have lifetime warranty with them. I have never had any problems with my systems and I've owned all 1st gen versions of each console too. Knock on wood though.

Well, just look at how the psp has so triumphantly tanked...Im on the virge of selling mine...the only reason I was holding on to it was because of FFVII:CC....its taken too long and its only loosing value. (FW 1.5)

All of this (ps3 & psp) are just repititions of their ever so incessant attempts to push proprietary formats (at times amazingly convenient) that for some reason the US market never seems to grab on to.

Look at MiniDisc, it tanked in US but Ive heard has more fanbase in EU, AU and JP.

It's true it sucks but hey I like the PSP, granted I don't have one I prefer my DS but man, the new MGS is great! My buddy has it and I'm thinking of getting the new PSP2.0 or whatever just for that and a couple other games that are just really good for it. Plus the features you can do between that and the PS3 make it out of sight!

Bobbejaan
29th August 2007, 11:24
It's a shame that's happened. Either way 3 year warranties are on now. Plus if you buy your systems at Costco you have lifetime warranty with them. I have never had any problems with my systems and I've owned all 1st gen versions of each console too. Knock on wood though.

I had that ring of death one time.. red in stead of green. but i got a new console from MS.

Epilogue
29th August 2007, 11:56
I would like to take a challenge on Mario Strikers Charged on the Wii. :p

drydenimbabeeh
29th August 2007, 12:12
Halo owns man! tho I still much prefer the original over Halo2, dunno, it was just better gameplay imho...

I played that for hours and hours man, knocking bitches down with my pistol from the back... :lol:

Right you are there Tiro!
Halo 1 was just better, had some cool LAN-partys with that one haha :D
I liked that snow level the most. Those little freaks were all asleep and it was soo cool to knock em dead ^^

Gsko
29th August 2007, 12:54
Right you are there Tiro!
Halo 1 was just better, had some cool LAN-partys with that one haha :D
I liked that snow level the most. Those little freaks were all asleep and it was soo cool to knock em dead ^^

lol I know that too... man hours I've spent on that game *sigh*

but uhm ontopic.. I just bought myself an overdate console: PS2 basicly just for one reason: Gran Turismo 4

man I'm sooooooo effing hooked on that game right now.. I've gotten like 6 hours of sleep in the past 2 days.

I hope that by the time GT5/GTHD comes out I'll be able to afford an PS3.. that'd be sweet.

drydenimbabeeh
29th August 2007, 13:14
I hope that by the time GT5/GTHD comes out I'll be able to afford an PS3.. that'd be sweet.

Isn't GTHD out already? I think you can download that one of the PS3 network.
Could be wrong?

Anyone else excited about Assasins's Creed? <33

Gsko
29th August 2007, 14:44
haha no actually I've just been looking on this site, says that GT5 Prologue (so the demo, just like GT4 Prologue before) is available for download on PS3.

the only thing that confuses me now is what GT5 and what GTHD is :?

it'll probably be "GT5 Prologue" now and will be "GTHD" complete game but that's gonna show up later this year or maybe not even untill next.

mjg
29th August 2007, 16:21
I would like to take a challenge on Mario Strikers Charged on the Wii. :p

is that a footballing game? i don't have Wii, although i keep hearing rave reviews on it. i do play mariokart and mario 3 for gameboy though!

Sarge
29th August 2007, 16:55
the worst thing about the PS3 is the fact they get away with charging nearly twice as much for it in the UK as in the US and they don't even give us the option of the cheaper model!

Gsko
29th August 2007, 17:04
yeah the worst part about the PS3 is really the price.. that's also why I'm not sure when and wheter I will even get it at all..

drydenimbabeeh
29th August 2007, 19:53
haha no actually I've just been looking on this site, says that GT5 Prologue (so the demo, just like GT4 Prologue before) is available for download on PS3.

the only thing that confuses me now is what GT5 and what GTHD is :?

it'll probably be "GT5 Prologue" now and will be "GTHD" complete game but that's gonna show up later this year or maybe not even untill next.

GTHD is GT4.. only in HD :P
This is available for download, I'm sure!

Ghost
29th August 2007, 20:42
the worst thing about the PS3 is the fact they get away with charging nearly twice as much for it in the UK as in the US and they don't even give us the option of the cheaper model!

Well that's not happening anymore as they're phasing out 60gb model here as well, hence why it's on sale. But it does suck that you're paying double for it.

GTHD is GT4.. only in HD :P
This is available for download, I'm sure!

And you're right it is the same thing. HD looks sweet.

And for you Halo freaks, I preferred the first one for the single player, but the 2nd one had great multiplayer features. Even though we managed to make the first Halo online playable the features weren't as great and it was a hassle to find ppl to play against.

I really can't wait for 3, for coop missions!

drydenimbabeeh
29th August 2007, 21:04
And for you Halo freaks, I preferred the first one for the single player, but the 2nd one had great multiplayer features. Even though we managed to make the first Halo online playable the features weren't as great and it was a hassle to find ppl to play against.

I really can't wait for 3, for coop missions!

Dunno man, I think Halo 1 was better at single player AND multiplayer. But I don't mean the online part. I mean the Xbox version.. and call some friends to come over and then play :D hella awesome!
And yeah Halo 3 will be sooo freakin cool at multiplayer :O
I've heard you can play coop missions with 4 players <33

Ghost
29th August 2007, 21:11
Dunno man, I think Halo 1 was better at single player AND multiplayer. But I don't mean the online part. I mean the Xbox version.. and call some friends to come over and then play :D hella awesome!
And yeah Halo 3 will be sooo freakin cool at multiplayer :O
I've heard you can play coop missions with 4 players <33

Well you could play with 3 other ppl at home with you Box on Halo 2 as well. Halo 2 just had better multiplayer maps anyone can agree with that. The first ones were too boring and stale. They really upped it with design the 2nd and now as you can see the 3rd time around. But yeah 4 player Co OP is gonna be really fun!

drydenimbabeeh
29th August 2007, 21:21
Well you could play with 3 other ppl at home with you Box on Halo 2 as well. Halo 2 just had better multiplayer maps anyone can agree with that. The first ones were too boring and stale. They really upped it with design the 2nd and now as you can see the 3rd time around. But yeah 4 player Co OP is gonna be really fun!

Do you play online? If so, what is your gamertag?

Ghost
29th August 2007, 22:01
I stopped playing after Gears of War and R6Vegas. I'll be back online as soon as Halo 3 comes out. Though I'll prolly be online for Stranglehold and when Skate comes out.

drydenimbabeeh
29th August 2007, 22:39
Yeah man I stopped after Gears Of War too ^^
Awesome game!
Will be back online when H3 comes out too.

Drewbee
29th August 2007, 22:54
I personally like Halo 1 the best too...I can't wait for Halo 3...Possible clan formation? Bought Warhawk for PS3...SUPER fun game.

XBL: Nudies7
PSN: drewbee

drydenimbabeeh
29th August 2007, 23:05
I personally like Halo 1 the best too...I can't wait for Halo 3...Possible clan formation? Bought Warhawk for PS3...SUPER fun game.

That would be awesome man :D
Ghost you're in?
Drew I will add you to my friends list asap.
My tag is: DEADLYtheDUTCH

Ghost
30th August 2007, 00:07

I gotta check out Warhawk. You can download it off their network and it's cheaper but the box version gives you the bluetooth headset which would be sweet to get.

I used to do clans back in my PC days. And in SOCOM too. Not so much anymore. Least not for a real one. A loose one wouldn't be back but I'll stick with free gaming for now as my schedule is all over the place and I'm not always playing online games.

Metroid 3 is kick ass by the way.

Drewbee
30th August 2007, 00:07
Ghost you're in?

Yeah I wanted to start a clan that could be used for several games...Halo 3 being on the top of the list. I have 3 other buddies who are pretty good at Halo 2 (and other games as well). Once I'm done playing Warhawk I'll accept your request haha.

Drewbee
30th August 2007, 00:09
Ghost you're in?

I gotta check out Warhawk. You can download it off their network and it's cheaper but the box version gives you the bluetooth headset which would be sweet to get.

I used to do clans back in my PC days. And in SOCOM too. Not so much anymore. Least not for a real one. A loose one wouldn't be back but I'll stick with free gaming for now as my schedule is all over the place and I'm not always playing online games.

Metroid 3 is kick ass by the way.

Yeah I understand man...once college picks up again time is limited but...I usually find my time for gaming hah. Yeah I downloaded off the the network :)

Ghost
30th August 2007, 03:39
Yeah I understand man...once college picks up again time is limited but...I usually find my time for gaming hah. Yeah I downloaded off the the network :)

I hear ya. It was like that for me too back then. Now it's just between work and the gym of which I go too every other day, I always make time for gaming inbetween when I can. Just for the most part I don't have many games and not everyone I know is always online like I am so defeats the purpose at times of being online ready.

ninjapie
30th August 2007, 06:29
The PS3 is ****tons expensive, so I won't be getting one for quite a while.
But, if the new Smash (Wii) goes online, I'll get the Wii just for that.
If anyone plays Smash, prepare to get an asswhooping.

z.nine
30th August 2007, 07:14

u must be a pro, =P, i wish i have a wii, it sounds so much fun

Ghost
30th August 2007, 07:33

Haha be prepared to eat your words if you're willing to go head to head with the big dawgs!

ninjapie
30th August 2007, 08:45
You're on.

But first I'll have to unlock all teh charact0rzzzzz.

theLorax
30th August 2007, 11:20
going ga-ga over BIOSHOCK for xbox360 right now. that games tha ish.

drydenimbabeeh
30th August 2007, 13:59
going ga-ga over BIOSHOCK for xbox360 right now. that games tha ish.

I really want to buy this game!
How is it? Is it as good as they say?

Ghost
30th August 2007, 23:22
I really want to buy this game!
How is it? Is it as good as they say?

It's funny how EVERYONE says it is. Yet myself and a couple of other ppl I have met don't like it as much either. It's a beautfiul looking game (although not great, the models don't look so great especially for a 2K Games game) and honestly it's just a deathmatch combat game. Enemies take a while to die, run all around you, and you have kewl powers to use to kill them. I found it very reminscent of Unreal and Quake only with pretty backgrounds. But I had more fun with Unreal then this. I wasn't impressed honestly I was hoping for something great and I didn't see it.

For an awesome game from 2K I suggest checking out The Darkness. Awesome gameplay, amazing graphics, just over all very fun and dark and gritty! Must have if you got a 360.

drydenimbabeeh
31st August 2007, 11:08
It's funny how EVERYONE says it is. Yet myself and a couple of other ppl I have met don't like it as much either. It's a beautfiul looking game (although not great, the models don't look so great especially for a 2K Games game) and honestly it's just a deathmatch combat game. Enemies take a while to die, run all around you, and you have kewl powers to use to kill them. I found it very reminscent of Unreal and Quake only with pretty backgrounds. But I had more fun with Unreal then this. I wasn't impressed honestly I was hoping for something great and I didn't see it.

For an awesome game from 2K I suggest checking out The Darkness. Awesome gameplay, amazing graphics, just over all very fun and dark and gritty! Must have if you got a 360.

I appreciate the quick review dude :)
Yeah I think they hyped it to much. That's why ppl expected to much of it. That's why they're disappointed right now.
I've heard of The Darkness being a great game! Aren't you some kind of vampire or zombie or something?

Epilogue
31st August 2007, 13:15
Samus kicks Master Chiefs ass. Sorry, but Halo is the most uninspired FPS out there. Metroid has so much supreme elements. The atmosphere of isolation and exploring new worlds. Halo ist just shooting, hehe.

drydenimbabeeh
31st August 2007, 14:46
Samus kicks Master Chiefs ass. Sorry, but Halo is the most uninspired FPS out there. Metroid has so much supreme elements. The atmosphere of isolation and exploring new worlds. Halo ist just shooting, hehe.

Matter of taste my friend...
imo Halo beats every shooter.

JumpJump!
31st August 2007, 15:10

Halo sucks.

drydenimbabeeh
31st August 2007, 15:17
Halo sucks.

May I ask a question?
Why the fcuk did you sign up to this forum mate?!
To start problems at every thread?

Tiro
1st September 2007, 00:18
Halo ist just shooting, hehe.

exactly! :mrgreen: (and grenades and bashing with the behind of your gun...)
GOTTA LOVE IT! :oops::mrgreen:

Ghost
1st September 2007, 09:00
I appreciate the quick review dude :)
Yeah I think they hyped it to much. That's why ppl expected to much of it. That's why they're disappointed right now.
I've heard of The Darkness being a great game! Aren't you some kind of vampire or zombie or something?

It's based off the comic book, and basically you're possessed by a demon like thing called the Darkness and you can summon it in the dark, (in the light as well only it drains your power more) you have tentacles, demon heads and darklings (devilish imps). You're a hitman that's been betrayed by your own mob and you're out to get them. Very kewl elements you even get to visit what at first seems like hell but isn't. It's very worth getting and the animation and characters all are well animated and done.

See this is what ppl don't understand yet you even said it. Metroid IS much more then just an FPS it's an adventure game BASED IN FIRST PERSON VIEW.

HALO like you said is a shooter. The objective is not to explore and go back and forth all over. It's meant to be a GOOD FPS game on a console. Which actually was the first GOOD FPS on a console system. And still works and is incredibly fun multiplayer game as well.

I think HALO is the best user friendly shooter. I'd say as far as best shooters go for me would be a toss up between Half Life 2 or Far Cry. Other then that I think the best FPS game on a console before HALO would be Goldeneye for the Nintendo64. Of course you can argue that either Unreal, Quake or CounterStrike are the best, but I would say they're the best multiplayer PC games around and wait till you play Unreal 3. I think that will possibly the best one FPS, but if not surely best multiplayer FPS.

Not to mention Far Cry 2 will be on an entirely new engine that was created for new PCs and it looks ****ING AWESOME. There are no levels, just day and night. Real time physics and effects. You like the grass on fire, some of it might catch on to a tree and burn off all the leaves. You can shoot EACH INDIVIDUAL LEAF off the tree as well. Enemies will not always be in the same place or walking the same set path. You can catch them reading, sleeping, eating, they can chase you, get in a car and chase you until you are no longer in their sites. This game is going to be AMAZING!

Then you got Crysis of course, and believe me it's only getting better folks! HALO or any console game will have nothing on these.

Halo sucks.

I'm sure we'll all drop what we're doing and stop playing cause you gave us this very specific answer.

exactly! :mrgreen: (and grenades and bashing with the behind of your gun...)
GOTTA LOVE IT! :oops::mrgreen:

It is a very fun and satisfying game!

I was at a buddy's house a while ago...we played halo for a bit...got my ass owned...not really good at it cuz I never had an xbox or a 360.

Play me a match of Unreal Tournament or Counter Strike? Completely different story.

It is a hard transition at times. I'm more of a keyboard and mouse guy then a console FPS guy but even then I had my fair share of awesomeness from time to time!

loste
1st September 2007, 10:17
any tips to me about games similar to silent hill? that i can play on my PS2??
I love dark games. That darkness Ghost mentioned sounds just up my alley, but can i get it on PS"???

WolfLikeMe
1st September 2007, 10:22
I love dark games. That darkness Ghost mentioned sounds just up my alley, but can i get it on PS"???

um resident evil 4? thats about all i can think of.

Ghost
1st September 2007, 11:04

If you want something like Silent Hill and Resident Evil, those are pretty much the only ones like each other. And Resident Evil 4 is a definite must. Especially if you own a Wii. Though the Darkness isn't really like "scary" per se, it's more like you're this badass guy unleashing your demon power on just regular ppl :D Still it's only for the 360 and the PS3.

Tiro
1st September 2007, 12:32
I was at a buddy's house a while ago...we played halo for a bit...got my ass owned...not really good at it cuz I never had an xbox or a 360.

Play me a match of Unreal Tournament or Counter Strike? Completely different story.

Thing is, there is a huge difference in pc-games and console games imho and that takes some getting used to, like I had unreal on my xbox and it sucked royal balls, I couldn't hit an elephant from half a inch away, while Halo owns on a console but I don't like playing it on a pc...

I'm more of a keyboard and mouse guy myself like ghost, I loved unreal, still do, I still play it against the bots when I'm at home and bored, actually, that's a function I miss in Halo, botplay, makes for good training and when you're home alone it's quite enjoyable, plus I don't play online with my xbox...

JumpJump!
1st September 2007, 12:48
May I ask a question?
Why the fcuk did you sign up to this forum mate?!
To start problems at every thread?

Oh yeah, that's why :roll:

Drewbee
3rd September 2007, 06:31
Been playing the Call of Duty 4 beta :) Pretty fun.

drydenimbabeeh
3rd September 2007, 10:11
On what platform?

Gsko
3rd September 2007, 14:07
lol is that actually an game-add on the bottom of this page now? haha

drydenimbabeeh
3rd September 2007, 15:05
lol is that actually an game-add on the bottom of this page now? haha

What do you mean?

Gsko
3rd September 2007, 15:08
yeah it's gone now.. but I've seen some kind of add for some game on the bottom of this page like half an hour ago ;p

drydenimbabeeh
3rd September 2007, 15:13
yeah it's gone now.. but I've seen some kind of add for some game on the bottom of this page like half an hour ago ;p

Oh haha lol :D
Btw. some people seen Halo 3 Multiplayer?
Ever since I saw this vid I want it soooo bad lol

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24150.html

deedee
3rd September 2007, 23:58
Why havent you played zelda TLP deedee?!
It rocks! One of the best games of all time!

hehe

Man cause I aint got a wii and dont want to buy it for ngc cause the ngc belongs to my sister so I have to take it to me, also the taking the time to play and stuff.... I dont really played a game the past years my last zelda title was tww :D

deedee
4th September 2007, 00:06
agh...well I really recommend that you play it...it is....wow! And yea dont play it on GCN...sooo much better on the wii.

Well, it sure beats tww....thats my least favorite zelda...didnt suck..just not my fav.

Im currently working on Oracle of Seasons for GBC...never played it so yea its fun.

Yeah wind waker was my favourite too cause it was the only zelda title I played till the end.. I never had ocarina of time and majoras mask where to difficult at any time in the game so i gived up...
Omg OOS? Lol I Played that last time I was about 12 yr? What about Phantom Hourglass do you gonna cop it?
By the way I dont have any consoles now not even a DS or something to play all the Big N games :D
Do you know the Philips CD-i Games of zelda?
Ahh one thing: I LOVE the music titles of zelda by koji kondo, youtube some theire so many good ones mostly done on piano by some peeps ^^

Epilogue
4th September 2007, 00:20
Back to Halo...why I think that it is boring (well, only my opinion, so it's not a dogma). It's coming just too late. Bioshock shoot Halo into pieces. Bioshock is so good, Halo can only dissapoint. You will feel like going back 10 years in gaming if you have played such a masterpiece like Bioshock and then try Halo 3. Metroid is just not a fully FPS, it's more like a First Person Adventure that's why the comparison lacks. So guys, have fun playing games. :) I know you guys play Sims, when everyones out of house, hrhr. :p Just joking. My next game will be Pikmin 2 perhaps.

PS: Ocarina was the best Zelda. :p Though I haven't played Twillight Princess yet.

Drewbee
4th September 2007, 00:36
On what platform?

360, pretty fun game. similar to COD 2

Ghost
4th September 2007, 03:51
Back to Halo...why I think that it is boring (well, only my opinion, so it's not a dogma). It's coming just too late. Bioshock shoot Halo into pieces. Bioshock is so good, Halo can only dissapoint. You will feel like going back 10 years in gaming if you have played such a masterpiece like Bioshock and then try Halo 3. Metroid is just not a fully FPS, it's more like a First Person Adventure that's why the comparison lacks. So guys, have fun playing games. :) I know you guys play Sims, when everyones out of house, hrhr. :p Just joking. My next game will be Pikmin 2 perhaps.

PS: Ocarina was the best Zelda. :p Though I haven't played Twillight Princess yet.

You don't read what other ppl write do you? You seem to completely ignore what other ppl have said. But whatever.

Ocarina is definitely still the best Zelda though I really loved Wind Waker as well as Link's Awakening for the original Gameboy. I personally think Bioshock sucks and that Unreal will be the best game of all =P Until Far Cry 2 comes out of course.

MAC
4th September 2007, 10:42
Hi,
does anyone play GRAW2 or COD3 on the x-box 360 ?
I play it almost every day!
If some like to play against our clan just let me know and pm me !
GRTZ Mac

drydenimbabeeh
4th September 2007, 10:52

Dude how can you say Halo 3 sucks if you haven't even played it? Or at least the Single player mode.
And imo Bioshock is soo freakin short. A friend of mine completed the game in a day =/
And sure you can unlock different endings but what the hell.. you're just playing the same game over and over.

drydenimbabeeh
4th September 2007, 10:53
Hi,
does anyone play GRAW2 or COD3 on the x-box 360 ?
I play it almost every day!
If some like to play against our clan just let me know and pm me !
GRTZ Mac

I will play with you guys Mac!
When I've fixed my Live connection hehe :D

Epilogue
4th September 2007, 14:54
Ghost: read the first sentence of the post again, slowly. So I have to read others posts to state why I think I like one of the games and another not? Lack of logic. I didn't relate to anyone, so yes, there is hardly a connections to other posts. Suprise suprise.

drydenimbabeeh: I didn't say Halo 3 sucks (it is boring, hrhr), because as you said, I haven't played it. But I know Halo 1 and 2 and these were pretty overrated and were average FPS Shooters. Bioshock may be short, but it's still it's so inovative. Halo is ok, but nothing I would wait for, I don't think Bungie can give it something really new. When I wrote about Halo, I rather wrote about the Halo series. I hope now it's clear.

drydenimbabeeh
4th September 2007, 16:35
But I know Halo 1 and 2 and these were pretty overrated and were average FPS Shooters.

I agree with you on Halo 2. It didn't have any mindblowing updates.
But you can't say that about Halo 1 man. Because Halo 1 had a totally new setting.
From what I remember it was the first FPS on the Xbox.. and one of the best sold games on that platform.

deedee
4th September 2007, 21:17
Im definitely gettin phanom hourglass....and those phillips cd-i games sucked ass...sure they were zelda games...but nintendo had NOTHING to do with their design, production or anything of the sort...the result was disastrous...I think this image speaks for itself...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c279/joshalicious/gamelon_story7.jpg

As far as halo goes...I just got back from a small lan party me and some friends had....I still suck sooo badly (I learned bxr and the double shot)..but hey its not so bad...Im getting a 360 soon and will begin my Halo career w/H3.

haha jeah I know man.. Look how many spoofs made in Youtube of it, very funny...
The game sucked as hell, you only have to throw a f**ing book at ganon ....
anyway never played it but saw a review by the angry nintendo nerd on youtube..

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/84/FacesGanon.JPG
Or else you will Die!

Ghost
5th September 2007, 02:13
Ghost: read the first sentence of the post again, slowly. So I have to read others posts to state why I think I like one of the games and another not? Lack of logic. I didn't relate to anyone, so yes, there is hardly a connections to other posts. Suprise suprise.

drydenimbabeeh: I didn't say Halo 3 sucks (it is boring, hrhr), because as you said, I haven't played it. But I know Halo 1 and 2 and these were pretty overrated and were average FPS Shooters. Bioshock may be short, but it's still it's so inovative. Halo is ok, but nothing I would wait for, I don't think Bungie can give it something really new. When I wrote about Halo, I rather wrote about the Halo series. I hope now it's clear.

You seem to post the same thing over and over without regard or counter argument to what we have written. Hardly connect to anyone? We're all posting about the same thing. How is that NOT connected? Surprise surprise? No not really.

And tell me how is Bioshock innovative? It's a pretty, short shooter. Oh there aren't many of those around.... Though I do like that it's not another WWII shooter. We have too many of those. And the story is completely original which I love. Aside from that gameplay wise I wasn't thoroughly impressed. Like I said I'd have much more fun if it was a deathmatch with 15 other ppl rather then play the actual story mode.

Compared to Halo definitely more interesting storywise and visually (so far). But there's lack of multiplayer options too. I don't think it's shown us anything new that other shooters haven't. I know I know, Halo hasn't either, but Halo is in my opinion something Bioshock isn't. And that's FUN. At least it isn't as fun. I mean you tell me why Halo is thought to be so great? Why do you think so many ppl love it? If it's so "bland and standard" why are so many ppl into it? They can't all be Bungie fanboys can they? I mean there IS a reason why it's still regarded one of the best. Though I don't think it is the best I believe it's one of. I know you're stating our opinion but come on, you're not a gamer or FPS fan if you don't play all of them.

Although I think the kewlest Zelda battle with Ganondorf was Twilight Princess, especially when he's on the horse then on foot, my favourite Ganon monster is from Ocarina of Time when you stab him right through the head.

Ghost
5th September 2007, 02:28
The twilight princess battle is def the funnest one....I was about to post some spoilers but then I was like "oops...better not"....and hells yea the beastiest looking ganon is from Ocarina....I remember when I beat that game for the first time..I was like :shock:...couldnt believe how awseome of a game I had played..haha.

I can't believe they showed some blood, I thought that was great. There was still so much left to do in TP too, but I had just went through the whole game and then gave it to my family for them to play.

Ghost
5th September 2007, 02:38
Yeah I would love to get it back just so I can find all the items and do all the quests. It's just so time consuming. Right now I'm in the middle of playing Metroid 3. And I'm thinking of getting Oblivion which I know will take up my whole life for a couple of months.

Not to mention I want to pick up Skate, Stranglehold, and Halo when they come out this month. I should be getting Resistance Fall of Man sometime this week too. Time to test out this PS3 gaming boy. I've just been watching Blu Ray movies on it since I got it. Might have to pick up WarHawk game too just for the hell of it.

Ghost
5th September 2007, 03:15
Thats a lotta games ghost...Im also playing MP3!!! I havent played much...been busy...but I barely landed on the first planet....I freaking love this game...I already got used to the controls...hows that going for you?

Yeah too many games. I actually haven't gotten this heavy into gaming since the first Xbox came out. I sorta stopped after a while and the only reason I bought the 360 was cause of Gears and R6Vegas. And I have to own everything Nintendo so the Wii was a no brainer.

You know honestly I hated the controls in Metroid. I don't like the whole, if you move too far to the left the entire window moves. I have it set on advanced where it "supposedly" mimics how a PC game works, but the it still moves a lot but is more sensitive and isn't so awkward so I'm getting used to that. So far so good. I'm on the first planet they send you off on as well and sorta stuck since I can't land my ship anywhere other then where I've already been. Overall it's really fun. It'd be awesome if they'd release this CO OP but oh well.

BeauIXI
24th October 2007, 09:05
Seriously. If no one plays this, I will be so disappointed.

http://www.miraigamer.net/cavestory/

Just like classic Metroid!!

Especially the very, very last level. Give it a shot, guys. The graphics are old-style, but it's so worth it.

Ghost
24th October 2007, 23:06
For all you Wii owners out there Capcom's Zack and Wiki Quest for Barbaro's Treasure is out today! One of the most looked forward too games for the Wii is finally out, and everyone's talking about it. It's very puzzle based adventure oriented and challenging as well. I'm hoping to pick that up soon.

Also Manhunt 2 finally is coming out and that's next week so make sure you get that on the Wii if you have it.

And of course last days of the month GUITAR HERO 3!!!!

BeauIXI
24th October 2007, 23:23
@Cabl3 - I'm glad, man. You won't be disappointed. Especially if you take the hard route. (Make sure you don't talk to Booster when he falls down into the Labyrinth, instead, jump over the chasm at the red dot on the ledge on the left hand side. It'll make sense once you start playing) the final level is insane.

Super Smash Bros! So soon! Solid Snake!!

Ghost
24th October 2007, 23:26
Haha soon?! Try Feb mate. That's still a while off =(

Still Mario Galaxy next month! Same with Mass Effect and Crysis!

Drewbee
24th October 2007, 23:27
Quick question for those internet/wifi smart people-
I recently had to move into a different room at my place that is kind of far from my router...I bought a new router that had more range...well I looked at my signal for Xbox live and it was worse than it was before. I was like whatever maybe it needs to settle or something lol. Well after a while it was one bar away from having a full signal (like is has been since I've lived in this house)...I thought, ok awesome. Everything worked fine connection wise for playing games etc. Until this week...I'd set up an online game for Fifa and holy crap did it lag...unplayable. So I tried Halo 3...samething. Checked my signal...it would move from Full signal to just one below that...which should be ok. I played last night with no lag, then I woke up to the same lag I've been having. My question is- what can I do or check? Someone told me about a thing called a repeater (sp?) that I can put in my hallway to get a better signal...I don't get it because I didn't have these problems before. Help me!!! lol im lost without live.

Ghost
25th October 2007, 02:12
Personally I hate wireless stuff. Signals always get obstructed by something or someone and it can literally drag your game in an instant. I have wires running all over teh house and that's messy but works better. Repeaters are mainly only good for situations that keep you far from it. If you're still within distance it really won't boost the signal much at all. I have problems at times and it sometimes is due to the service more then anything else.

Drewbee
25th October 2007, 02:23
Thanks ghost...

Ghost
25th October 2007, 02:59
Also depends on your walls density and all that you know. Might be shielded from something but if you've had good games then bad, then it's just the signal being tossed around a lot. Wish I had a better solution for ya. I might have to go wireless as well since I need to remodel the household and we're tried of having wires taped to the floor. That or just get longer cables.

BeauIXI
28th October 2007, 02:48
Hooooly! Has anyone played God of War?! I just played it for like, four hours at my buddy's place. It's so intense! And extreeeme. And heroic.

Ghost
28th October 2007, 03:07
God of War 2 is even better. And even after that Heavenly Sword for the PS3 is like God of War on steroids. Only far far too short :(

BeauIXI
28th October 2007, 05:22
Radical. I can't wait.

I just love the thought of 20-pound falchions on chains..

Ghost
29th October 2007, 06:21
I'm sure most ppl know but Guitar Hero 3 just hit the shops. If you're used to the first two it's pretty much same ol same ol except with more multiplayer and online options plus finally a wireless guitar controller! I couldn't resist so I picked it up as well as a new Wii controller. Game is too fun. I've yet to go online with it yet though.

taffetapunk
29th October 2007, 06:26
has xbox live been running slow for anyone?

im not sure if its my interent or if its my xbox or what

im getting a little worried

it only has really happened when i play online coop in campaign. but when i do its gets really rough and glitchy.

anyone know anything?

Ghost
29th October 2007, 08:22
Who knows, though it says my router is all good, I can't even find a match to play anyone on Guitar Hero, keeps saying "joining game", then it says failed to connect to game everytime. Must be something up with the servers.

Ghost
30th October 2007, 03:39
Yeah it's not bad that's pretty much your basic system right there for $100 less then what it actually goes for.

Ghost
30th October 2007, 03:59
Nope that's only the new elites that come with it. Do you have an HDTV? Only real reason to get the HDMI port and the new HD player add on.

Deframer
30th October 2007, 04:53
That depends on if you're a Videophile or not. Personally, I'm not and I doubt it would make a difference to me. For you, on the other hand, given your ability to discern contrast ratios (which most laymen still have no idea about) I'm pretty sure there would be a tangible difference.

Ghost
30th October 2007, 06:06
There is especially with a screen as big as yours but component can easily pull off 720p.

Deframer
31st October 2007, 07:30
Sooo...anyone else here totally hyped for Mass Effect?

Bobbejaan
7th November 2007, 11:23
Anyone getting COD4 ?

offyatree
21st March 2008, 12:04
i don't have a ps2 nor ps3, but i usually play my fave games at my buddy's place. i wanna play MGS 4, Gran Turismo 5, GTA 4. anybody is a fan of those 3 games? me loving them since junior highschool!

BeauIXI
21st March 2008, 12:16
I play Brawl at my friend's place all the time.

But it's his roommate's Wii, and he's a jerk about it, 'cause he likes it like, in his room, and we bring it down and he gets mad...

Gsko
21st March 2008, 17:39
Gran Turismo addict right here mate ;)

I wish I will have the money to buy PS3 when GT5 comes out

offyatree
22nd March 2008, 07:27
one thing i don't like about gran turismo is they don't make the cars crash and get wracked. if you have played forza on x-box, you'd know what i mean by that.

Gsko
23rd March 2008, 16:43
one thing i don't like about gran turismo is they don't make the cars crash and get wracked. if you have played forza on x-box, you'd know what i mean by that.

I do. But you do know you're either a GT or Forza guy ;) in which case I am an the first.

GRAN TURISMO 4 LIFE :D

Bobbejaan
23rd March 2008, 16:49
i always have been a GT fan but i have a xbox now. And i really think racing becomes less and less fun. When i was playing GT3 i was in highschool and i had time to spare. But i just don't see myself racing 25 laps by myself.

Can't wait for GTA4 Though

Gsko
23rd March 2008, 17:03
i always have been a GT fan but i have a xbox now. And i really think racing becomes less and less fun. When i was playing GT3 i was in highschool and i had time to spare. But i just don't see myself racing 25 laps by myself.

Can't wait for GTA4 Though

haha well.. I don't know if it already was in GT3 or not (cause that's the only GT I haven't played) but in GT4 there's "B-Spec Bob" or in other words; the computer races for you. You can just choose between 5 paces you want it to drive and it will finish any kind of race from 2 laps to 24Hrs races :mrgreen:

offyatree
23rd March 2008, 17:11
well 25 laps is nothing when you had to complete that 100 laps race for like 2 hours which made your eyes red and wet. lol!

i remember i always played GT 2 everyday after school, and my mom was always mad at me coz i played from 3pm 'til 11pm everyday! lol, what a junior high kid i was hahaha.

my fave track is still N&#252;rburgring, Laguna Seca, Suzuka circuit, and that european street track somewhere in italy if i am not wrong, that's superrrrr!

Gsko
23rd March 2008, 17:12
yeah but well like I said.. you even have 24hrs races no so :p GT is just too damn addictive.

offyatree
23rd March 2008, 17:18
i used to have calluses on my thumb due to intense hours of pressing the buttons. hahaha

Gsko
23rd March 2008, 17:35
well... do I even need to mention it? :p

Ghost
23rd March 2008, 18:25
Sooo...anyone else here totally hyped for Mass Effect?

I dunno if I mentioned this yet, but yes this game ROCKED! I loved every minute of playing this game and still playing through it doing different things as I go along the way.

Anyone getting COD4 ?

I got this game managed to beat it but never took it online. One of the best realistic shooters I've ever played. The Gilly Suit Sniper level itself is amazing and worth it alone. And others would say the online features would be worth it alone.

As of recently I got of course Smash Bros. Brawl and R6Vegas2.

Unfortunately my 360 got the Red Ring of Death and can no longer play until they fix it which can take up to a month =(

For now I just have the Wii and the PS3 of which I rarely use other then for PS2 games. But looking forward to MGS for sure!

Also for anyone that has a Nintendo DS, look out for Guitar Hero: On Tour! I saw pics of that and though I wasn't sure if it was real it looked pretty bad ass!

http://www.uncrate.com/men/entertainment/games/guitar-hero-on-tour/

Bobbejaan
23rd March 2008, 19:42
@ghost

i almost bought a chili suit. online after that mission. you should play online its intense

Hobbes874
23rd March 2008, 19:58
And others would say the online features would be worth it alone.
The single player is great but fairly short unfortunately, I defiantly think the online play really makes the game worth it.

Ghost
23rd March 2008, 23:36
@ghost

i almost bought a chili suit. online after that mission. you should play online its intense

Haha, that's what I hear, I just never had the time to do it. I mainly bought LIVE again when HALO 3 came out after that I sorta just stopped and wanted to finish up my single player stuff.

The single player is great but fairly short unfortunately, I defiantly think the online play really makes the game worth it.

Yeah that's the thing with these types of games, they're so detailed that they tend to be short because it's just too much work to create more levels.

BeauIXI
24th March 2008, 13:41
Were you guys just talking about GTA?

What about Need For Speed: Underground? That game was so damn badass!

Also, guys, check this out: www.warsow.net

Best of all time right now imo.

Gsko
24th March 2008, 15:31
no not GTA, but GT: short for "Gran Turismo"

edit: NFS stopped being fun after the first 4.

offyatree
24th March 2008, 18:41
i am sorry i have to say that NFS is a game for street racer lovers only imo. if you like car racing why not play GT or Forza?

superslim_zac
24th March 2008, 19:47
I wish I had a mod chip and smash brothers

but instead I'm having to wait till aus launch in two thousand and never.

Bobbejaan
24th March 2008, 20:33
But has anyone read the things about GTA4...

Its going to be badass. I'm taking 2 days off work just to play it

offyatree
24th March 2008, 20:36
But has anyone read the things about GTA4...

Its going to be badass. I'm taking 2 days off work just to play it

i've seen the trailer, it's badass, indeed. when is it due???you know?

Bobbejaan
24th March 2008, 20:52
here on 29 of april.

I love the fact that ist a living city. And not larger than SA. thats going to be the next for sure

Ghost
26th March 2008, 08:29
Two days off work! Damn! Even better is that the entire city will be online for 15 multiplayer modes! So if you guys are LIVE we need to get a gamertag list going to play!

Bobbejaan
26th March 2008, 10:26
hahah we have queensday here in holland on the 30th so i only take one day off work. And yes for sure wo are going to be the lamest gaming clan ever..

Mynudies soldiers whhahaa

nextlevel
31st March 2008, 03:12
COD4 all day everyday

nextlevel
31st March 2008, 03:22
and boogie bunnies (no homo) :mrgreen:

offyatree
31st March 2008, 10:12
metal gear solid 4 will be SICK for sure. unfortunately i don't own a PS3......:(

Ghost
1st April 2008, 06:58
Luckily I got one before they removed the PS2 backwards compatibility and killed the 60gb version.

Zipper Freak
3rd April 2008, 22:03
I have an xbox 360 and a wii. Im loving cod4 and forza on 360 and the wii only exists for wii sports as far as im concerned.

ceza
3rd April 2008, 22:18
you should check out super mario galaxy. can't wait for starcraft 2!

themars2112
3rd April 2008, 23:26
MLG top ten (for any HALO 3 players)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lGbr7e_KQ8g

as if that guy got an overkill from the back of a car with a sniper

Ghost
4th April 2008, 19:33
I have an xbox 360 and a wii. Im loving cod4 and forza on 360 and the wii only exists for wii sports as far as im concerned.

There's a ton of great games on there that you're missing out on.

Metroid Prime
The Godfather
Zack and Wiki
WarioWare
Elebits
No More Heroes (from the guys that did Killer7)
Trauma Center 1 & 2
Winning Eleven 7 9 I think awesome controls
Medal of Honour Heroes (some of the best FPS controls ever for the Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Kart coming out at the end of the month

And much more!

Not to mention you got the Virtual Console where you can buy old games from past systems like Genesis, Turbo Grafix, N64, and all past Nintendo console systems. I already have like a bunch of games some never released out here as well.

benjy
24th April 2008, 13:18
Just picked up mario kart wii! so much fun but bs how you can lose so easy after youve kicked ass for most of the race.

FloridaE46
24th April 2008, 17:52
mario kart wii!!

Bobbejaan
24th April 2008, 18:39
uuhm guys GTA4 anyone

I just CAN'T wait

offyatree
24th April 2008, 20:42
uuhm guys GTA4 anyone

I just CAN'T wait

i'd love to play GTA4, but problem is i don't own a PS3......

looking forward to playing GT5, MGS4 as well....

superslim_zac
24th April 2008, 20:49
Is mario kart out in aus yet? I can't wait to get it. I haven't been checking tho.

Drewbee
24th April 2008, 23:04
i need a Wii... :P

benjy
25th April 2008, 03:03
Is mario kart out in aus yet? I can't wait to get it. I haven't been checking tho.

Yeh it came out yesterday!

They made it so even the cr4ppest player can win. So much random sh1t happens.

Ive played online and pretty fun!
If anyone wants to add me on friendlist

Mamba24
26th April 2008, 04:53
im keeping my games on the go...hence a DS...and i'm mainly a strategy buff...

But i do enjoy warhammer online and advance wars.

benjy
26th April 2008, 06:11
But i do enjoy warhammer online

Are you in the beta testing?

Ghost
26th April 2008, 06:34
uuhm guys GTA4 anyone

I just CAN'T wait

Haha definitely! B, you gotta add me so we can run around the city tearing sh!t up!!!

i'd love to play GTA4, but problem is i don't own a PS3......

looking forward to playing GT5, MGS4 as well....

It's not only for the PS3, I'm actually getting it for the 360 since the online experience is more fleshed out. Which brings me to BJ again, are you getting it for the PS3 or the 360!?

Mamba24
26th April 2008, 07:20
Are you in the beta testing?

No man...its warhammer for the DS.

Ghost
30th April 2008, 22:31
Anyone got GTA yet PM me if any of yall wanna play online go ahead and send me gamertags!

This game is the greatest game ever made!!!

offyatree
30th April 2008, 22:36
Anyone got GTA yet PM me if any of yall wanna play online go ahead and send me gamertags!

This game is the greatest game ever made!!!

can you buy me a PS3 first? :P

offyatree
30th April 2008, 22:37
Haha definitely! B, you gotta add me so we can run around the city tearing sh!t up!!!

It's not only for the PS3, I'm actually getting it for the 360 since the online experience is more fleshed out. Which brings me to BJ again, are you getting it for the PS3 or the 360!?

i am more a playstation guy. but i didn't even own PS2 lol! but i play a lot at my buddy's place.

Ghost
30th April 2008, 23:30
I mainly use my ps3 for Blu ray movies. I was gonna get gtaiv for the ps3 but xbox live was a deal breaker for me. Not to mention they'll release episodic content on the xbox version. Now I'm only waiting on metal gear and little big planet and maybe killzone 2.

offyatree
1st May 2008, 01:01
I mainly use my ps3 for Blu ray movies. I was gonna get gtaiv for the ps3 but xbox live was a deal breaker for me. Not to mention they'll release episodic content on the xbox version. Now I'm only waiting on metal gear and little big planet and maybe killzone 2.

will they make a PC GTA4 version?? you know?

soompi
1st May 2008, 01:40
My brother bought it. I'm not interested though

Ghost
1st May 2008, 08:24
will they make a PC GTA4 version?? you know?

I haven't read anything about it, but I wouldn't put it past them. But then again were the last two on PC? I don't remember them being on there. Do yourself a favour and get an Xbox instead of buying jeans for a while!!!

Drewbee
2nd May 2008, 04:31
if any of you guys wanna play some GTA IV let me know! XBL: Nudies7

Ghost
3rd May 2008, 03:58
Damn DB! I used to think ppl with screennames on the internet with references to scifi, fantasy or anime or anything was geeky but Nudies?! That's geeky too now :mrgreen:

SoulRebel
3rd May 2008, 11:58
Gta4 is awesome, got the limited edtion in a safe

offyatree
3rd May 2008, 12:05
i played GTA4 at my buddy's place yesterday, it was sooooooo goooooood.....too bad i don't own a PS3.

superslim_zac
3rd May 2008, 12:20
I love all the GTA games, but what I do hate is parents that let their kids play it.

As fun as it is, it's not a kids game. I reckon anyway.

mugatu7177
4th May 2008, 01:33
I like the GTA series, but for the fun factor I think that the Wii is much better than the PS3. However for those of you who are HD fanatics, get the PS3 since it doubles as a Blu-Ray player. Someone probably already stated this, I'm just too lazy to go through all the posts. Sorry...

Hobbes874
4th May 2008, 11:08
Always been a fan of the GTA series, more of a PC gamer but I don't think I'll be able to wait this time around. Just might have to burn an Xbox 360 hole in the wallet :cry:

Gsko
4th May 2008, 22:45
I'm really feeling left out in this whole GTA4 hype, haven't even seen it yet.. but from what I notice around me this game must've fallen out of heaven or somethin...

I'm gonna expect that to get quoted and agreed on :lol:

offyatree
4th May 2008, 23:22
i've always liked GTA, i started playing GTA london back in 1997ish, and then i fell in love with this game so much until today. you gotta play it, gsko. it's awesome!

Gsko
5th May 2008, 10:43
no doubt yo I've played and loved most the games from the series too, I was just talking about GTA4 in general :-)

Bobbejaan
7th May 2008, 15:09
ghost you asshole you shot me

Bobbejaan
7th May 2008, 15:10
Gta4 is awesome, got the limited edtion in a safe
how why what

how did you get that

SoulRebel
7th May 2008, 18:51
ordered on the interwebs but got another one

Ghost
7th May 2008, 21:19
ghost you asshole you shot me

Haha! What happened?! I was stuck with your boy and you took off! You weren't talking either!

how why what

how did you get that

It was a limited edition version of the game that came with safety deposit box, a keychain and keys for the box, a duffel bag, art book, and selected soundtrack album for like e145 or so, it was $90 here.

Bobbejaan
8th May 2008, 18:52
Haha! What happened?! I was stuck with your boy and you took off! You weren't talking either!

It was a limited edition version of the game that came with safety deposit box, a keychain and keys for the box, a duffel bag, art book, and selected soundtrack album for like e145 or so, it was $90 here.

i know i was talking on the phone again. I'm online tonight. And i'm sure to kill you this time

Ghost
8th May 2008, 21:18
i know i was talking on the phone again. I'm online tonight. And i'm sure to kill you this time

Haha this time lets just play a good team game too! And don't leave us hanging!

sundials
12th May 2008, 03:46
SO,
I'm deciding on whether i should buy a xbox 360 or PS3.

I have researched, and it seems the 360 has hella issues as far as breaking down is concerned. My friends just fell victim to the "red ring of death" after a year.
and they aren't even heavy gamers.

I dono if its even worth the trouble of spending an extra 100$ for the elite...
and i dont know if i want to splurge on a 100$ instore warranty either... if its not even gonna cover the problems, because chances are they will just send it to microsoft for a month to get fixed.

I do like playstation though. I have always owned a PS2.

as far as game play goes, I do like what i have heard of PS3.
I also read that xbox 360 has a problem rate of 33% (thats like 1/3 xboxes)
and pls3 on has a 0.02% problem rate.

In anycase, anyone want to share stories? which would you recommend - based on control etc in gameplay - such as call of duty, etc.

save the biased opinions - please based on experience, not just loyalty to a company.

THANKS DUDE(ETTE)S

BlakFate
12th May 2008, 06:52
i presonally have had far less problems with my 360 then any sony product i have ever owned
i had a ps2 and it had a really hard time reading discs
as well the ps3 really does not have the gaming that the 360 has, their online is phenomenal and not to mention the 360 is far better looking and twelve times less bulky.
i have had mine for 11 months now and no problems at all
and it has definately been used it fair share
id say go for the 360, its more reliable in some aspects and it has nearly the same computing power as ps3

offyatree
12th May 2008, 07:02
i'd say wait for a slim version of PS3, i hope they would make one, one day.

superslim_zac
12th May 2008, 07:09
Slim version of PS3 will be a few years away I'd reckon.

Can't see why it matter much anyway. I mean, have you ever run out of space around your TV? I haven't.