PDA

View Full Version : So who on here uses snus?

cafc
13th November 2006, 20:29
I mean apart from using it for back-pocket fading effects!

I've been really getting into snus over the past few months but, as I live in the UK (where it's still frickin' illegal), I buy it online. The thing is, I've just been buying brands/flavours I like the look and sound of on websites, without knowing what the heck they'll taste like. I wondered what some of you guys would recommend. The hardcore tobacco flavoured stuff is OK but my favourites at the moment are any menthol/peppermint-flavoured options and I'm a fan of the cranberry snus, too. (OK ,OK, I'm a wuss!)

Thanks guys.

nudiefrutti
13th November 2006, 23:21
as a guy who quit smoking after 9 years, don't get started on tobacco.

yeah, it's not as bad as smoking it but why bother with the risks of mouth cancer and why flirt with addiction and dependancy?

herrgurka
14th November 2006, 00:14
as a guy who quit smoking after 9 years, don't get started on tobacco.

yeah, it's not as bad as smoking it but why bother with the risks of mouth cancer and why flirt with addiction and dependancy?

Whooa, better hold the horses on this discussion. Yes, tobacco is an strongly addictive drug. But compared to smoking tobacco snus or moist snuff plays in a different league, at least when it comes to harmful effects.

Personally I don't like snus very much, but I do use chewing-tobacco. The danish type, Oliver Twist, comes in a little rectangular box that I keep in my right front pocket, hoping for a nice fade eventually.

By the way, when I was in Rotterdam a couple of months ago I thought I had spotted some fellow countrymen (easily recognizable by the snus boxes and exessive alcohol consumtion), but alas, I was wrong. They were dutch nudie aficionados :o. They didn't use the stuff, though, just carried the boxes in their back pockets. So even if the whole snus business could be seen as the spreading of a harmful swedish habit it?s more the image than the actual habit that is spread.

/hg

mjg
14th November 2006, 02:27
i use snus.
right now i have cans of:
general white portion
rap? and rap? no. 2
and some catch

i have a friend who works for swedish match so he just sends it to me.

NudieKING
14th November 2006, 02:52
LOSERS

WHY START KILLING YOURSELF

bilmaga
14th November 2006, 03:28
Thats pretty rude NudieKING.

It's there own choice if they use it. They don't shove it in your mouth.

Nudie-joch.
14th November 2006, 21:48
damn i`m thinking to try that snus..al those posts here on mynudies about snus.. :D :wink: :) haha

what kind of taste is that snus stuff..?

Milk_oh
14th November 2006, 22:09
I agree with NudieKing. Dont get the point. And I have to say that I think its so silly to have a snusdosa in your pocket when you dont really use it, I mean isnt the point with Nudie to wear the jeans as another skin. To reflect your every day life! Its so fake! But hey! what ever....

mynudies
15th November 2006, 00:13
I have to say that it's a lot better than smoking. But on the other hand it's better not doing it at all. It is damn addictive. Since snus doesn't bother anyone else though it is up to every individual to make the choice. There are no diagnosed/published diseases from snus yet. However, it does affect ones general well-being and physical condition.

Snus has a very long tradition in Sweden and especially in G?teborg where Nudie is from. I can therefore see it as going together with the jeans. As said before though, it's better to stay away from it. I don't see any problem though putting a can in your jeans to get a different look on your jeans.

Just my two cents!

ps. If I were to recommend a flavor I would definitely go with G?teborgs Rap? White Portion......good flavor and not too strong.

jeanspaleis
15th November 2006, 00:22
WE here @ jeanspaleis snus a couple of years now and it's true it's fuc..ng bad habbit, but it just tastes great, better then the smoke, but indeed it isn't that good 4 ur health eighter, but we have 2 die from something!
Grzzzzzzz

des_cartes
15th November 2006, 01:41
it ain't good for your teeth either ;) i tried it a few times and decided like smoking better :roll: imho it's more a nonsmoker thing, i know few smokers who actually enjoyed or got hooked on it (all people i know that are, are swedish lol). i didnt feel any effect from it...and ordering the stuff? if i had to order cigarettes i'd definetely quit smoking...but there are cigarette machines everywhere in germany :D

mynudies
15th November 2006, 04:27
There is actually an earlier thread on this forum about snus here:

http://www.mynudies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=381

But since both of the threads are so active I'll keep them both open.

nudiefrutti
15th November 2006, 08:21
last point, i don't want to start a debate esp. since this thread wasn't started for non-snus users to start proselytizing, but...

...snus or snuff or chewing tobacco is the lesser evil when compared to smoking since there's no second hand chew... unless you're kissing your girlfriend/boyfriend.

However, if/when you develop a disease because of tobacco, more likely than not, the burden of paying for health care falls upon your family and the public through taxes. It's not just your problem but mine as well if my tax dollars are going to help you out.

And I don't even have insurance to take myself to the hospital! So I'm all for preventing all preventable disease. AIDS, obesity, some cancers...

okay, sorry about this!! to be honest, i would like to try snuff just once. I've never thought of SNIFFING THE STUFF!! I'm equally disgusted and fascinated.

batman
15th November 2006, 08:34
okay, sorry about this!! to be honest, i would like to try snuff just once. I've never thought of SNIFFING THE STUFF!! I'm equally disgusted and fascinated.

You don't sniff snus. There is tobacco you sniff but not snus. Snus you put under your upper lip.

You right about the taxes. I don't want to pay for other people's hospital visits if they brought it on themselves. However, there sure are more tax money being spent on smokers than people using snus.

cafc
15th November 2006, 13:23
damn i`m thinking to try that snus..al those posts here on mynudies about snus.. :D :wink: :) haha

what kind of taste is that snus stuff..?

Well, you can get different flavours - cranberry, mint, licorice, or just plain hardcore tobacco (which, in my humble opinion tastes frickin' foul!). The other thing is snus can give new users a bit of a light-headed high.

Nudie-joch.
15th November 2006, 14:59
thnx. dude i keep you guys in toch.. :D just go on & try some snus.. :D :P

cafc
15th November 2006, 15:11
thnx. dude i keep you guys in toch.. :D just go on & try some snus.. :D :P

Yeah, give it a go man. My favourite at the moment is the menthol-flavoured Wise (which, unfortunately, doesn't come in a cool round container; the packaging is slim and flat). This stuff still gives me a blissful little high! It's a refreshing mint flavour too. Other than that, the menthol Catch is nice and Snus cranberry is OK.

As I said before, the first time you try it you'll probably feel light-headed. But then I like that feeling!

Mitch_Nudie
15th November 2006, 17:48
just general white portion

nudiefrutti
16th November 2006, 09:41
yeah snus minus the handy bags is just what americans call chewing tobacco.

i was referring to sniffing snuff as a form of tobacco use that i am curious about.

has anyone tried it here? other narcotics you sniff drip down into your throat but what do you do with all the tobacco? does it just stay in your nose until you blow it out? or does it travel down your throat?

herrgurka
16th November 2006, 11:31
I have tried sniffing tobacco, I think it?s quite common among elderly gentlemen in the southern parts of Germany. It?s very finely grained but doesn't end upp in your throat if you are careful. It just disappears after a while. Personally I didn't like it very much and have only tried it a couple of times.

Many swedes don't use the handy bags but it's still called snus. By chewing tobacco we (and most other europeans) mean small rolls of marinated tobacco leaves (sometimes flavored). It's very similar to Red Man chewing tobacco. When Sweden joined the EU in 1995 they demanded, and got, an exemtion from EU:s ban on snus. This ban is a little odd since chewing or sniffing tobacco is not banned in the EU countries.

/hg

MAC
16th November 2006, 17:37
I snus a lot dudes and i like it !
Mac
www,jeanspaleis.nl

alain
16th November 2006, 17:49
anyone know were you can buy in holland? like to try it 2 or does someone have a decent ordering site?

cheers

SoulRebel
16th November 2006, 18:09
anyone know were you can buy in holland? like to try it 2 or does someone have a decent ordering site?

cheers

anybody knows a store close to haarlem/amsterdam that sells snuff?

Nudie-joch.
16th November 2006, 22:21
maybe we can buy that snus at a sigaret-shop..( sigarenwinkel ) :wink: :D :P ...i`l give it a try tomorrow... :wink:

Dick Danger
19th November 2006, 07:50
LOSERS

WHY START KILLING YOURSELF

eat right, exercise, live well,

die anyway

dave023
19th November 2006, 13:06
I've tried it and almost puked....

SoulRebel
19th November 2006, 16:36
anybody some pictures of there snus boxes?

MAC
19th November 2006, 17:50
We order it on internet !
check our website ( LINKS)
www.jeanspaleis.nl
Mac

Nudie-joch.
19th November 2006, 19:58
http://www.swedish-snus.com/.. :wink:

bilmaga
19th November 2006, 20:29
check our website ( LINKS)
www.jeanspaleis.nl
Mac

I like your new site :D
When will the webshop be up and running?
will you ship worldwide?

MAC
19th November 2006, 21:12
Thanks dude,
We will ship world wide !
We hope to open soon, but we must finish our store that we are rebuilding !
Mac

bilmaga
19th November 2006, 21:40
I can't wait :D