PDA

View Full Version : How did you became Nudie freak?

Fhunkit
10th November 2006, 22:40
I was sitting in my chair this afternoon.. playing Jimi Hendrix with my axe and thought while playing: How the hell did I become a Nudie Addict, what's the difference between nudie and the other brands..

Yeah.. Nudie has dry, but so has other brands, but though I became Nudie fan. It has to be something, but I don't know wh?t excactly :p
How did you become a nudie freak =)
Maybe some interesting stories will roll out! :wink:

lenn
10th November 2006, 22:56
wearing since 2002.

NudieKING
11th November 2006, 00:13
ITS NUDIES CLEVER MARKETING THAT GETS EVERYONE HOOKED ON IT

501lover
11th November 2006, 00:35
For me, it was the Nudie booth at the Bread&Butter tradeshows in Berlin and Barcelona. I got VERY enthused by their exhibited pairs of really heavily faded and sometimes torn and ripped jeans. They spoke to me of genuine denim passion. And, as a strong advocate of wearing jeans "commando" (see Nude under Nudies thread), I guess the name of the brand very much appealed to me. Finally, the cut (although I still think there's nothing like a really, really nice fitting 501), and the feel of the denim on the skin. Throw in the crazyness of the long wearing in process without washing, and, bang, I was hooked.

billysidol
11th November 2006, 01:19
i'm from australia so have been wearing nothing but tsubis for the last 3+ years, wanted something new and i saw nudies in a store, wasnt that taken by them, i mean who thinks new dry jeans look good, but checked out their website and started to learn more about the fading process and finally i must say

YOU GUYS ARE TO BLAME FOR MY NUDIE ADDICTION!

cameland
11th November 2006, 03:08
did you buy them at General Pants by any chance?

billysidol
11th November 2006, 03:21
Nah man, got a pair of SJDJ at the nudie store on little collins, GP have some awesome Volcom shirts though (joke)

Julien
11th November 2006, 03:22
The firt time I saw The Jeanspaleis Nudie Wallet. My frieds said it was to expencive but I needed one of those. Called the boys from JeansPaleis, and after some Nudie smart talk they wanted to sell me one. after that bought my first Nudie Jeans the Svenska, for the jack pot price but how cares :) . then i heard it was a special edition and stuff. I friend of mine knew everything about the Nudie Code :P How jou should wear your jeans (hard!!) and after how long jou shoukt wash them. sins then I have been what they cal a "Nudie Freak" LOL!! :D

What about jou guys??

bilmaga
11th November 2006, 03:26
I had always been a jeans freak and one day I stumbled upon the nudie website. I fell in love with the concept of dry denim and that is where my nudie addiction all started. After wearing them for months, I found this forum through fos5 and now my addiction is worse than ever.

I think that everyone on this forum fuels each others fire and makes their addictions worse. :D

mjg
11th November 2006, 03:46
i magically found it on the internet one, and then, less glamourously, became a fan.

billysidol
11th November 2006, 03:58
hey, Fhunkit what hendrix were you playing to inspire this train of thought

countach_23
11th November 2006, 04:33
maan..my story is funny with nudies..

i went to a shop to look for a new pair of jeans, so i saw nudie in the jeans section..i didnt buy a pair at that time so i went to check their collection on the website..and i still didnt even know what the hell was a dry and pre washed jeans..

so i bought my first pair of nudies and it was a pre washed BB..i posted the pics in the selvage section..and i was hammered with msgs saying that i didnt even know the difference between dry and pre washed jeans..and i shouldnt be in this forum !

checked the mynudies forum alot, learned alot from the dry jeans fanatics.. and few days later from buying the pre washed BB i bought my RRDS..

and then a month later i bought my JP wallet...

and now im a nudie loverrrr

and PEACE UP

NuDeezNuts
11th November 2006, 07:16
maan..my story is funny with nudies..

i went to a shop to look for a new pair of jeans, so i saw nudie in the jeans section..i didnt buy a pair at that time so i went to check their collection on the website..and i still didnt even know what the hell was a dry and pre washed jeans..

so i bought my first pair of nudies and it was a pre washed BB..i posted the pics in the selvage section..and i was hammered with msgs saying that i didnt even know the difference between dry and pre washed jeans..and i shouldnt be in this forum !

checked the mynudies forum alot, learned alot from the dry jeans fanatics.. and few days later from buying the pre washed BB i bought my RRDS..

and then a month later i bought my JP wallet...

and now im a nudie loverrrr

and PEACE UP

similar story to you.

i've always heard the name nudies mentioned before in conversations whenever i talked about jeans. been loving jeans for a while but still didn't really know what nudie was since it isn't popular in america.

when i visited new york this past summer i went to a barneys co-op outlet and they sold nudies, the first i've seen in a store. i bought a pair of pre-washed regular ralf for $150 originally $300. not knowing what the hell between dry and pre-washed was, i treated it like it was dry because of the booklet!!! i went 2 months (not constant) of wearing without washing until i realized my stupidity stumbling upon this website.

i bought my first pair of dry nudies (slim jim japans) close to a month ago now.

Fhunkit
11th November 2006, 10:16
hey, Fhunkit what hendrix were you playing to inspire this train of thought

I was standing on my wahwah-Pedal because I was playing Voodoo Child. And then the thought just came through me haha.

First I didn't know DRY jeans at all..
My addiction came from a girlfriend who had a sorta like dry of replay. Arrived in the store at the end of the conversation (talking about dry denim especially nudies) it was like 'I'll take the nudies.. definitely'.

sarlo
11th November 2006, 12:08
got my first nudie like 3.5 years ago

erchii
11th November 2006, 13:11
i bought my first nudie a month ago! my second nudie last week... both dry and i'm already nudieaddicted..
3 months ago i was looking for a new pair of jeans and the seller told me about the drystory etc. when i tried on a prewash nudie, i went to home without a jeans and go for holiday, after holiday i've searched alot on the internet about dry denim and especially nudie and then 1 month later i bought my first pair of dry nudies and already love them :D

AsherC
11th November 2006, 14:16
I used to wear really baggy cheap jeans and wore them over sized (36-40 inch waist when i was about 34), i lost a quite a bit of weight and decided to get some expensive well fitting jeans that will last me for a good few years, looked at loads of labels that are in magazines like fhm (kicking mule, evisu, paper denim, true religion, etc) every few months there would be a really small pic of a nudie , so i did a search for them and at the time very few online shops sold them so all i really got was a link to this website.

After spending a good few hours looking at the photo section and reading nearly every thread i decide to go for some rrds, got a mate who works at selfridges to get me some using his discount (so i got them for ?70) :D , ive had them for 6 months now and very very rarely wear anything else.

I think the thing that attracted me most to the brand was the description of making the jeans personal to you, creasing, stretching and fading caused by your body and your daily life, it totally changed my perseption of clothes.

damn thats a long post but its my story

Nudie-joch.
11th November 2006, 14:54
don`t know for how long :roll: ..but what i do know is..: i felt immediatly in love with NudieJeansCo. .. :D :P

my first pair of jeans was a RegularRalf.. :wink:

what about you guys.. :?: which pair of jeans was your first one.. :?:

bilmaga
11th November 2006, 20:00
SS was my first pair

Fhunkit
11th November 2006, 20:01
A Regular Ralf Dry Greycast!

Today: Bought a svenska not to wear it in first place (have to go 250 more days with RRDG and then afterwards again), but as it is an collectors item and I got it for a nasty price completely NEW ;)

Nudie-joch.
13th November 2006, 00:40

Today: Bought a svenska not to wear it in first place (have to go 250 more days with RRDG and then afterwards again), but as it is an collectors item and I got it for a nasty price completely NEW ;)

how nice for you haha :D ..

do not think i`m jealous because i`m not.. :wink: :D

L..

Lou2006
13th November 2006, 03:12
i bought some pre-washed FG's because that was all i could get,
then kicked myself for not going dry and got some LJ's.
my FG's faded a lot tho, and i can see the lines inside from where the indigo has rubbed, much like any dry denim. weiiiirrdddddddd....

Hedman
13th November 2006, 19:19
got my first nudie like 3.5 years ago

Just like me. 3.5 - 4 years ago.

Man it's been a while since last time. I hope you're all doing well! I've missed you guys :)

Fhunkit
13th November 2006, 19:34

how nice for you haha :D ..

do not think i`m jealous because i`m not.. :wink: :D

L..

No therefore you\re using the 3 letter word hahaha how nasty you girl ;)

mlee
14th November 2006, 07:30
tried on a regular ralf (i think) in an urban outfitters in glasgow in 2002, but didn't shell out the money. 130 pounds if i remember correctly. been kicking myself ever since till i came across some in richmond, va 10 months ago. now i have a pair of SJDG that i wore for 8 months straight till i started working on a pair of SJDBlack (day 47 now). love 'em!

mikesduc
14th November 2006, 15:25
I tried on some BO's and was hooked.

stiewie
15th November 2006, 00:40
Hi guys, trying to get started again.

My first nudie was a flare glenn super used and bought in summer 2004.
Had seen the nudiewave some time on the street and loved it!
Searching the internet, interrested in anything nudie i found this forum.
The rest is history.
Must say, having a closet full of nudiestuff, it certainly changed my life.
In many ways, i can say...

toszie
15th November 2006, 17:50

The rest is history.

Great to have you back here my friend

Nudie-joch.
15th November 2006, 17:51

The rest is history.

nice to see you back stiewie..! :)

Mitch_Nudie
15th November 2006, 18:52
i don't know exactly but the guys from jeans paleis got me on to it,, now almost wear a dry everytime

Nudie-joch.
1st December 2006, 22:52
girl onbekend.. :roll: ?

how did you became a Nudie freak..?

because most of the girls became a Nudie freak because of their boyfriends.. :wink:

what about you..how did you became a Nudie freak..& what about the rest of the girls on mynudies.. :roll:

onbekend
1st December 2006, 23:12
I've got my first nudie in October. :oops:

bilmaga
2nd December 2006, 09:20
I wish that I knew some girls that liked nudie. All the girls that I know think that I am gross :x

It's actually quite funny sometimes. Once this girl I know was bragging about her 7FAM jeans and I started laughing at her and so, she looked down at my jeans (that day I was wearing SSDS) and said to me "well, at least I don't wear shitty wal-mart jeans every single day"

Sorry for rambling on but I really would like to meet a girl with a passion for dry jeans!

onbekend
4th December 2006, 15:58
girl onbekend.. :roll: ?

how did you became a Nudie freak..?

because most of the girls became a Nudie freak because of their boyfriends.. :wink:

what about you..how did you became a Nudie freak..& what about the rest of the girls on mynudies.. :roll:
I saw those jeans on the internet. And When i saw them, i was in love with them. And when I find out that a new store in my city sells Nudie, I bought them.

swiss-jeansfreak
23rd May 2008, 18:22
I'm collecting real roughest vintage or raw denim rag items since 1973 and became a Nudie fan, when I first saw them coming up in the streets of Zurich around 2004. The Regular Ralf are one of the best jeans to see the denim evolution just with the natural fading if wearing hard without any washing. They will turn out just crazy fantastic even after years of wearing

Schwanz
23rd May 2008, 18:26
my brother bought a flare glenn prewash like 3 years ago, and i really liked the fit of it, so i checked the brand out ;)
somehow ended up on this website and liked the worn in dry jeans :)

bounce
23rd May 2008, 19:46
Basically I love jeans more than live itself, and I am huge into fashion. My friend told me about the whole unwashed denim thing, and when looking around the web I found Nudies. A little bit later I got my first pair, and I am loving them.

Jibboom
27th May 2008, 03:49
I'm not sure, I just sort-of stumbled across dry denim and then a few brands including Nudie several months ago while searching around online, and then finally I allowed myself to spend that much money on jeans which I hadn't before.

offyatree
27th May 2008, 03:53
the first dry denim that came up in my mind was nudie jeans, i don't remember how and why, but thats the story:mrgreen:.

Danny R&H
27th May 2008, 14:40
I'd been noticing a few people wearing Nudies before I knew their name and came to recognise the pocket design. I was passing through security at London Heathrow (nightmare) and saw a pair of what I now know are Slim Jims. I was like "I want those jeans" I could have just asked the guy but as striking up a conversation with a complete stranger especially over what he is wearing would be considered tantamount to physical assault in our reserved culture I knelt down feigning to tie my shoe lace squinting directly at the guys ass area to try and work out what the name said on the leather patch. I almost toppled over but just caught the letters N-U-D-I-E and as soon as I got home I googled this strange name and well thats how how I became hooked. The next thing I was at NA meetings introducing myself "Hi, my names Sam Cameron and I´m a Nudie addict"

offyatree
27th May 2008, 20:47
haha...nice one, samcam.

thib
10th September 2009, 03:25
It started out when I visited this typical Belgian denim/clothing store, called 'Brooklyn' and I saw this big add poster with a tattooed guy wearing worn out Jeans and allstars... I was just like 'omfg these are the jeans I need!'
I'm into rock and I love tattoos so yea that caught me...
it was months later that I read about their dry denim-don't wash for 6 months-policy.

btw since I'm a newbie here, If you'd like to sell some nudie denim (size doesn't fit me) where should I post that?
thx in advance

mesalomanic
12th September 2009, 04:20
Rewind had a sale, and the concept behind dry denim was intriguing to me. I made the plunge and got my AJDH's in a size down for about $100. That was about a month and a half ago.

I dig em. Though, in all honesty, I do wish that I had gotten my true size sometimes. Live and learn, no big deal, they're still plenty comfy.

Since then, I've also gotten a pair of SJDB and a pair of Naked & Famous weird guys.

My AJDH's are still my main drys for the time being. The others get worn maybe once every week, or once every two weeks. I try to wear a different pair every day I've got class (and I've still got plenty of pre-washes to pick from)...but friday-sunday it's all my AJDH's.

pria
11th November 2009, 16:21
i hear form friends

appfaff
11th November 2009, 20:53
Nudies were not my first dry denim, but they were the first drys that I wore hard and tried to break in. I got some Levi's Premium Skinners (dry) in spring 2006, then got some Levi's Capital E Stacked Skinny's (Rigid) , followed by Dior MII, Evisu No.2, and then a Dior MIJ.
Once I outgrew all of the other dry, I decided to limit my collection and focus on only a few pairs at a time. That's what brought me to Nudie.
In Summer of 2008, I got some GTDDO from a shop in Austin. They were a fail since they were too small, but since then I have loved the whole lifestyle that Nudie Promotes. Then in Fall 2008, I got some RRDG and loved them.
Now, I have gotten away from Nudies as my go-to jeans, but I still am breaking in my AJDH.
Even though they weren't my first drys, I will always say that Nudies got me into the dry denim world. A world that is endless in style, form, function and possibilities.

Strombollii
16th November 2009, 17:54
My story is a little weird: we all had a teacher who dressed well in high school, and he always wore the coolest jeans on fridays, but I could never figure out where he got them. Long story short, at the end of my senior year, I asked his wife (who was another teacher at our school) where he got them, and learned that they were, "some overpriced Swedish brand called Nudie or something." I looked on the internet, found out about dry denim, and picked up a pair of Slim Jims