PDA

View Full Version : Things you regret having bought

Bobbejaan
30th October 2006, 20:53
damn i hate it when i buy something which looks totally awesome in the store ( on sale ). and when i get home ill wear it once and never wear it again.

I have
a pair of SJDG that i never wear.
a pair of RR destroyed i never wear
a viktor N embro i never wear

Damn a waste of my precious money

M!ch
30th October 2006, 21:03
What is a Victor N embro?
And i just can't believe you regret buying a SJ!
I almost never have a buy i regret, thinking back i'm trying to come up with something but nothing pops up in my mind, yeah maybe i buy too much shoes, but i do wear them all :D

mynudies
30th October 2006, 21:22
I purchased a pair of Armani jeans once that I only wore once. I don't regret it because at that time I thought it was a good buy but it sure was a waste of money.

I can't believe you regret buying SJDG.....those are one of the coolest Nudies made.

Whenever I buy something that I hardly wear I just end up selling it on eBay. That is the best way to go. There is always someone that likes what you don't like.

:D

vee_dub
30th October 2006, 21:29
Why not sell your SJDG?

sarlo
30th October 2006, 21:29
mzzz a pair of prada's which were f*cked up after 1 month..
silk dress shirt which i never wear..

Bobbejaan
30th October 2006, 21:51
viktor n embro is a nudie shirt

and maybe i will sell the SJ but its kinda dirty from lowlands..

NudieKING
30th October 2006, 21:52
V2 wallet

Julien
30th October 2006, 22:07
Straight Sven Repaired Selvage!!

If anyone has some pica's please show me!!

DJKJ
30th October 2006, 22:10
@Bobbejaan: the things you don't wear, is it because of other projects or because you just don't like them? I got 3 veggies, so almost every other jeans (svenka, rr second hand, rr destroyed, rr??) must wait till I got bored of my veggies

cameland
30th October 2006, 22:12
V2 wallet

who saw that coming...?

umm i think i regret buying my macbook. i hardly EVER use it.

Bobbejaan
30th October 2006, 22:17
@Bobbejaan: the things you don't wear, is it because of other projects or because you just don't like them? I got 3 veggies, so almost every other jeans (svenka, rr second hand, rr destroyed, rr??) must wait till I got bored of my veggies

the SJ i really dont like the fit on me

and the RR destroyed besause i have another one and other projects

dave023
31st October 2006, 15:25
All the prewashed jeans I have in my closet...

Mr.Indigo
31st October 2006, 16:16
G-Star short sleeved shirt - its a cool fit, nice colour but it says G-STAR in massive print on the back and these days I like my labels a bit more subtle. (There aren't too many Nudie wearers round here so I still regard bright orange stitching as subtle, unlike Evisu...)

Also my Ramones t-shirt, bought it two years ago now every goddamn person has one, sheesh! :?

devious1
1st November 2006, 20:59
My Nudie SJ dry black size 33/34. They were on sale and I love them but I really wear a 32/30!

Telix
1st November 2006, 21:08
umm i think i regret buying my macbook. i hardly EVER use it.

I'll take it off your hands, but you are in Oz and who knows what shipping would be.

I regret this pair of Tsubo shoes I really never have liked and don't wear. I also regret that I have a bunch of size L Threadless shirts, and lost weight and now wear M. :(

lenn
1st November 2006, 21:25
All the prewashed jeans I have in my closet...

i know the feeling... all the time we have spent wearing damn prewashies... the thought alone is torturing.

toszie
3rd November 2006, 12:45
A pair of g-star for 110 euro, should have bought a nudie.

alain
3rd November 2006, 13:51
a regular ralf black destroyed bought it to big wore it about a month and as it strecht a little bit more have the shit in pants look dont wear it

anyone loking for an oversized RR black destroyed 70 euro
36/34 i normally have 33/34

Nudie-joch.
3rd November 2006, 17:56
2 weeks ago..i was driving in my car :D ..

i was driving on a road when you the maxiumum speed-limiet is 60kmH..i went round the 85kmH.. :roll:

so today i was checking in my mailbox..& what did i found there..a PENALTY.. :wink:
i`m not going to tell you how much it was..but i can tell you one thing, for that money you can buy a new pair of NudieJeans.. :wink: :( :o

does this count to.. :?: :roll:

cameland
3rd November 2006, 18:19
lol damn that sux. i dont even have my license yet :oops:

Nudie-joch.
3rd November 2006, 18:36
they where sneaking on my at some bushes.. :? those little $#%@!!! GRRR.. :evil: :?

AsherC
4th November 2006, 13:21
not a complete regret but 2 months into my rrds project i bought the flame selvage svens, i wore them for about a week and switch back to my ralfs ever since, also a week after i got them i found them for about 60 euros less

toszie
4th November 2006, 13:48
they where sneaking on my at some bushes.. :? those little $#%@!!! GRRR.. :evil: :?

hahaha, what a waste. How old are you than nudie-joch?

sarlo
4th November 2006, 13:55
2 weeks ago..i was driving in my car :D ..

i was driving on a road when you the maxiumum speed-limiet is 60kmH..i went round the 85kmH.. :roll:

so today i was checking in my mailbox..& what did i found there..a PENALTY.. :wink:
i`m not going to tell you how much it was..but i can tell you one thing, for that money you can buy a new pair of NudieJeans.. :wink: :( :o

does this count to.. :?: :roll:
know the feeling.. for the last one i got i could buy a rrds, ald prescott, a pure blue japan and a samurai jean and even would have money to buy a happy meal :evil:

Bobbejaan
4th November 2006, 15:01
haha that sucks

i drive really fast but never get caught

Nudie-joch.
5th November 2006, 15:28
haha that sucks

i drive really fast but never get caught

lucky you.. :wink:

Epilogue
5th November 2006, 15:45
A Nudie sweater (don't know the name anymore). It is so scratchy that you can't wear it. Really horrible. I guess the worst thing Nudie ever released.

The tempo limits have their function, so I would not be so proud to drive so fast. You endanger other drivers. I welcome nearly every penalty (Of course driving a little bit too fast is not worth one).

Jakob
5th November 2006, 17:38
A TRS t-shirt, worn once
Energie Jeans, worn twice*
Converse shoes in black leather, worn 5 times or something*
Whipping Floyd shirt, worn once

* = Now Sold

computurd
13th August 2009, 02:58
My 501 jeans, WOuldnt be so bad if i sized down a bit more and didnt hem them so much

Some coat Ive got

A bunch of sneakers Ive got which I hardly ever use, Even though I am a sneakerhead I need to things I actually will use. Or maybe I am just saying this because I am jobless now lol

beautiful_FrEaK
13th August 2009, 13:52
were you bored or why do you dig up nearly 3 year old threads?!

john335
13th August 2009, 22:26
haha few jackets i never really wear. 2-3.

my sjdj in the wrong size. 31/32. i shoulda got 29 waist but w/e they were my first and its been over 4 months wearing em.
dunno if i regret buying my sjdb but i should start breakin em in. i love my sjdg alot they feel great and i like wearing em over the others.

computurd
14th August 2009, 05:21
lol beautiful freak

I really was that bored :P

nudieformytummy
14th August 2009, 10:47
I jus realized this already been 3 years......
TIme flies so fast.....

anyway..... I regret buying True religion and rock republic jeans......

nightrain
14th August 2009, 10:55
same here. i hate to say, but i regret that i bought several pair of tr and ksubi :-(:-(, and now they are worthless.

Jakob
14th August 2009, 15:15
to small yellow converse allstars (low), worn for a week or something like that
brown desert boots, worn once

benjy
14th August 2009, 17:14
Im never buying clothes off ebay again.

The fits are never right.

SoulRebel
16th August 2009, 13:31
SJDJ before they were remotely worn in they fell apart

hippopatamus
16th August 2009, 15:25
sooo many things........

mildseven
16th August 2009, 18:50
Energie Jeans

mildseven
16th August 2009, 18:52
Actually all the money that I invested in a girl that I thought I could fuk but I ended up not getting any.

Naoto the Zombie
16th August 2009, 18:53
Actually all the money that I invested in a girl that I thought I could fuk but I ended up not getting any.

8-)

Demitrinevoli
16th August 2009, 21:53
A pair of button up jeans that lost a few of the buttons soon after I bought them. Also I bought some peppers yesterday but i don't know what kind they are. However I had rub my eyes later after very minimal contact and my eye started burning so i believe i may regret buying them as well.

GROU
26th August 2009, 02:22
I regret buying my KMW Rockers 2 sizes up, out of pure desperation of getting them for 50% off. But they'll be fine.

nola
14th September 2009, 00:38
The only thing that i regret buying lately is the pair of APC NS that was maybe a size too big when I ordered them. I wore them about 5 times before i decided that they just weren't right, then I lost some weight and just magnified the problem, haha.

blosom
20th September 2009, 18:52
my nudie wallet from volls de... o k it was half price at 35 euro, but the quality is terrible and if i would have paid 70 euro for it.....:evil:.....

Chipperoon
20th September 2009, 20:40
I regret buying my dry zara jeans. biggest waste of time

Ley_Raw
4th November 2009, 03:26
all the effing diesel jeans I bought back in the day. Oh yea and 50 grand worth of coke.:-D

Cygnus
4th November 2009, 11:55
I recently bought a hat, completely against my intuition and now regret it. I had a friend with me who said it looked great, the SA in the shop also said so (of course...) and I desperately needed a winter hat...but NOW I'm absolutely positive that it doesn't suit my style and also it's half a size small 'cause there weren't half sizes and I didn't want it too big. So it's uncomfortable and I hate how it looks, I completely ****ed this up.

Now I ended up ordering a Nom De Guerre one from oki-ni, I hope that works out. Might sell the other one on eBay or just give it to my Dad, it looked better on him than on me when he tried it on :-?
Still annoyed that I threw out 50 bucks for a hat I don't even like...what was I thinking...

blosom
4th November 2009, 13:34
Oh yea and 50 grand worth of coke.:-D
........50 grand on coke:confused:....are you diabetic:confused:...thats alot of fizzy drinks dude:mrgreen:......are you sure it wasnt pepsi cola?:lol:....

Ley_Raw
4th November 2009, 13:57
^um, lol, I tried the pepsi and it just wasn't the same

luda
4th November 2009, 14:08
all the effing diesel jeans I bought back in the day. Oh yea and 50 grand worth of coke.:-D

serious?
if so you really need a wake up call if you think this is cool

Ley_Raw
4th November 2009, 14:09
No I said I fu@king regretted it, read the thread, "Things you regret having bought", Not cool, a waste and Ive had my "wakeup call", which is the whole reason I regret doing it

luda
4th November 2009, 14:35
the grinning smiley promotes a different impression.
as long as youre aware its probably not the smartest thing to do is fine

sakuraba216
4th November 2009, 22:54
^^^
It is what it is. Coke is an expensive drug and the guy wrote that he regretted it. No need to jump all over him. Ive had my share of various drug addictions too. I also spent tens of thousands of dollars on, get this, GI Joes and star wars toys. Now that was retarded.

More recently I spent almost $400 on leather Flat Head wallet reigns and I dont even have a wallet that they can attach to! I figured I would buy a wallet later but I didnt like the look so much that Im over it now. I could also throw in my two pairs of Pure Blue Japans and, like the other poster, about 30 pairs of Diesels that I dont wear and cant resell.

Jinsgin
1st December 2009, 06:25
Umm, all the jeans I've ever bought other than my 511s and nudies? I haven't made too many dumb purchases.

Unlike all of you, I definitely don't regret the money I've spent on bud (ok ok its not quite like coke rofl)

natepan
9th December 2009, 09:47
Beanie babies. yeah, i said it.

offyatree
13th January 2010, 05:18
all the expenses that i have spent on my ex! :evil:

keetner
13th January 2010, 05:51
I went through a brand whore phase :(
I mean, pretty much any article of clothing/etc. can constitute as a 'brand', but I would not wear ANYTHING besides: American Eagle, Hollister, Puma, Ecko, A|X, etc...I remember I wanted a FCUK sweater really badly too. You know, these ones?

http://www.2threads.com/img/product/a13ef6d3065958f32deac5e97bc89942-532-1.jpg

Kind of sad when I think about it now.

Besides that, I spend way too much money on food :oops:

offyatree
13th January 2010, 06:01
^ hahah that jacket is so disgusting, mate. hopefully you didnt get it!

keetner
13th January 2010, 06:26
^ I didn't, thankfully. They're about $100 dollars too...total waste of money.

hippopatamus
13th January 2010, 07:01
ahh so many thing that i regret buying..........too many to mention

denimjunkie
13th January 2010, 07:23
4000€ vacuum cleaner.
The tristar, u might have heard of it. I returned it!

brahgg
13th January 2010, 07:34
You paid 4000€ for a vacuum? Good return imo, I don't care how good it is, not worth 4000€

izzys
13th January 2010, 08:10
Just a pair of TR jeans I bought about four months ago and have got no time to wear it since I am at my work all day long. It cost me a fortune :(

offyatree
13th January 2010, 09:29
4000€ vacuum cleaner.
The tristar, u might have heard of it. I returned it!

you are THE man! 4k euros for a vacuum cleaner!? :shock:

denimjunkie
13th January 2010, 09:41
You havent heard of the Tristar? Its the classic case of the home coming salesman. Just google it.
It was a horror movie. They came in the morning saying that they wanted to demonstrate a great cleaning system and that they would clean your carpet for free.

They didnt leave until they had convinced us to buy. Then it was eight o'clock in the evening and I and my girl were exhausted.
They were very aggressive
It takes some guts to tell them to get the hell out.

Then we just returned it the same evening, and we were mighty shocked I say...

Mr. Brinkles
13th January 2010, 10:15
Dude, why do you let that kind of people into your home? Luckily we dont have that kind of salesman here in Holland but i would just say to get lost and close the door.

denimjunkie
13th January 2010, 10:18
Dude, why do you let that kind of people into your home? Luckily we dont have that kind of salesman here in Holland but i would just say to get lost and close the door.

They came recommended by a "friend"...

offyatree
13th January 2010, 10:20
so tristar is actually a canadian brand. damn canadians, eh?

denimjunkie
13th January 2010, 10:24
Of course...the root of all evil.

hippopatamus
13th January 2010, 12:43
Of course...the root of all evil.

hahahahhaha dont start a war dj...
i find all ur post very2 funny.....i like it lols:mrgreen:

denimjunkie
13th January 2010, 12:46
Hey, the Canadians started the war, we all know that :-)

offyatree
13th January 2010, 12:49
:roll:

hippopatamus
13th January 2010, 13:08
^^^^
lolss....................

ThinFinn
13th January 2010, 20:31
all of my prewashed nudies and other old stuff which is hanging in my closet :-(

lemmy
13th January 2010, 21:24
A woolrich jacket I bought last year that will be in the market as soon as I take some pics

PiperInAlberta
20th January 2010, 12:44
All the money I spent on Abercrombie and Hollister back in university (and recently I went there again to buy some tees that I think I'm gonna get rid of...don't even know why) that just ended up in the trash recently.

Pre-washed and distressed jeans.

Square-toed and chisel toed shoes.

H&M dress shirts (junk quality).

My Timberlands (awesome boots but too big...who buys shoes that are too big when you got them IN THE STORE).

Anything I purchased at a mall for retail price before I discovered the magic of online shopping.

Impulse purchases (too many to name).

My furniture (it suits my apartment perfectly, it's mostly birch coloured wood, but I prefer darker coloured wood even if it makes my apartment look smaller).

Arya
23rd January 2010, 22:33
nudie tfds one size too small (not stretching enough) and apc new cures one size too big (fit ok initially stretched too much within the first two weeks) :(

Soulrain
6th February 2010, 10:42
my fuken OF shitts and my nbhd shirt, I should have use the $ to get dior denims :D

BlueOctoberFan
6th February 2010, 15:42
Perhaps a pair of used AE shoes which I've worn a few times, but need to get the insoles replaced, if possible. Even then they may be too narrow...

OrangeCrush
21st February 2010, 16:57
LVC 47s. Not because I don't like the jean but because they're too small.
It makes me want to cry, they are such a beautiful pair of jeans. (PS, PM if interested, they're 28x34)
Like, 3-4 Converse One Star workshirts I bought that are terrible quality.

Other than that, can't think of anything.
Although, fun side story, something I thought I wouldn't like were a pair of AE cords that were given to me as a gift. But... they fit great!

xxhalcyonxx
22nd February 2010, 14:08
OrangeCrush:

Wow, didn't know Levi's Vintage Clothing produces denim jeans below 30. Where did you get them from?

beautiful_FrEaK
22nd February 2010, 16:38
official Levi's webshop

Mattajaz
27th February 2010, 06:24
Clothes that that dont fit well and a nike leather windrunner I bought on ebay like 2 years ago. I really like the jacket but I dont feel comfortable in it, like I´m pretending to be a tough guy or something. So i wear it very rarely but i dont want to sell it either...

INDIGO GIRL
14th January 2012, 20:45
2 rings made to measure.
I do love them but I like to buy clothes and now my credit cards are messed up for a couple of years.
Considered selling them to pay the bills but a dear friend brought them to me as a great favour and I'm indebted to him.
Plus in the long term they're a good investment.
Most of the mistake clothes I sold on eBay a couple of years ago.

gorecki
9th April 2012, 17:10
things i regret having bought?

around 10 pairs of Italian high end designer jeans ranging from Armani to Dolce to Trussardi, that have 0 value to me these days, given my new found passion for dry denim!

and also a pair of Adidas Vespa Sneakers... just because you own a Vespa, it doesnt mean everything labeled Vespa is cool! lesson learned!

xEnvy
9th April 2012, 17:13
3 more pairs of nudies which that cash could've been used on a decent pair of raw denim.

BlueOctoberFan
9th April 2012, 23:50
I almost hate to admit it, but the last Lady Gaga album... I got it since it was only $1 on Amazon, and it was totally not even worth that much. It's been months and I can't listen to more than a few tracks without getting totally sick of it.

Kmart.
10th April 2012, 04:03
3 more pairs of nudies which that cash could've been used on a decent pair of raw denim.

Ouch. Nudies aren't even considered 'decent' anymore?

Max Power
10th April 2012, 09:27
^depends on the perspective I suppose. 4 posts up shows, that Nudies would have been an improvement from "designer" jeans.

xEnvy
10th April 2012, 09:57
Ouch. Nudies aren't even considered 'decent' anymore?

Well looking back on it now, I'd rather have spent that cash on either getting a pair of 103BSP or putting it towards a new camera lens

gorecki
10th April 2012, 15:06
^depends on the perspective I suppose. 4 posts up shows, that Nudies would have been an improvement from "designer" jeans.

you can bet your money on that. even if i dont really like Nudies detailing...

frack... i was spending 300$ on jeans i dont even wear anymore when i should have been helping Okayama's economy!!! :)

Max Power
10th April 2012, 15:26
I also have some diesel's hidden in my closet... but what's great on jap denim - you're able to resell even old pairs for a pretty high price, whereas designer jeans are worth sh*t after few months. This makes it also easier to drop a huge amount of money IMO, besides the other arguments.

gorecki
10th April 2012, 22:09
true that!

cailuv
16th August 2012, 11:18
damn i hate it when i buy something which looks totally awesome in the store ( on sale ). and when i get home ill wear it once and never wear it again.

I have
a pair of SJDG that i never wear.
a pair of RR destroyed i never wear
a viktor N embro i never wear

Damn a waste of my precious money

If you go to children bedding (http://www.kidcottonbedding.com/) shopping, will not regret it! ! !

cailuv
24th August 2012, 10:55
Loved your article on crib safety. I've seen a lot more parents, especially friends of mine, buy cribs that are tall and wide enough to transition into a kid-sized bed for later on. There hasn't been many recalls with those crib styles.

bbcapone
11th October 2012, 11:19
Shearling jacket i cant pull off...