PDA

View Full Version : ll of this here isn't what i love about nudie

duskboy
28th October 2006, 21:09
i mean, some of the infos are quite useful, but what about all these people here asking questions about how to wear them "right".
Geez, jeans are workwear!!!! They're rock 'n roll!
Get out and get them dirty, then they'll age beautifully.
My SS's are about 2 months old and look more worn in than most of the pics posted here...I walk around town, go to rock gigs, skateboard and hike around in the woods, play with dogs...do the same, people, then you don't have to worry about the fashion aspect anymore.

Man,there's even a forum about which shoes to wear...wear the ones you like and not the ones you're "supposed to".

NudieKING
28th October 2006, 21:16
i agree, wear what you like, how you like to wear it!!

MHP
28th October 2006, 21:20
I'm looking forward to see pictures of your SS :wink:

Mr.Indigo
28th October 2006, 21:45
Well I haven't been reading the threads in the same way as you Duskboy.

If you read some of the threads like ones about which shoes to wear you'll see that everybody had different opinions. Thats the whole point of a forum - express your opinions, read others, argue, agree, maybe learn a thing or two. No one is saying you HAVE to wear a certain pair of shoes.

Same goes for the care of your jeans, everybody does it differently. I don't think you'll find anybody here saying you HAVE to do it a certain way.

Jeans at heart are workwear and as we all know that was their original intent but for decades now they have been everything from workwear to high-fashion. So we're all going to have different views on how to wear and care.

sebasz.
28th October 2006, 21:58
you're definitely right duskboy..
some topics around here are just too stupid for words!
desperate people ask questions about how to wear their nudie, what is the best shirt or shoes or something
c'mon guys.. do what you like by yourself
don't do what people say in this forum. GO YOUR OWN WAY!

duskboy
28th October 2006, 22:26
Well I haven't been reading the threads in the same way as you Duskboy.

If you read some of the threads like ones about which shoes to wear you'll see that everybody had different opinions. Thats the whole point of a forum - express your opinions, read others, argue, agree, maybe learn a thing or two. No one is saying you HAVE to wear a certain pair of shoes.

Same goes for the care of your jeans, everybody does it differently. I don't think you'll find anybody here saying you HAVE to do it a certain way.

Jeans at heart are workwear and as we all know that was their original intent but for decades now they have been everything from workwear to high-fashion. So we're all going to have different views on how to wear and care.

yeah, you're right to some extent, that's what i meant about the infos.
But that whole "fadin"- cult is getting kind of weird at times.
Well, to each his own, but to quote Nudie:

YOU GOTTA USE YOUR JEANS (USE USE USE), YOU GOTTA USE YOUR JEANS (USE USE USE)

P.S.
I don't even have a camera...nor a scanner

:D :P

bilmaga
28th October 2006, 22:33
I agree with Mr. Indigo.

If there were no topics with peoples opinions, What topics would we have?

It wouldn't be much of a forum if there were no discussions about anything and everything which is somehow related to jeans.

As far as some people asking sizing questions and how they look in them, I think it's perfectly fine. Sure, some of it is repetitive, but I'm sure that they are asking people on this forum is because they value the opinions of one of the largest communities dedicated to nudies.

I think that discussions about what shoes people like and what they put in their pockets are cool. I like how styles are different all over the world.

If you find posts like these to be stupid, then don't read them.

countach_23
28th October 2006, 22:44
mmm and theres no point of blabbering about how well worn ur jeans are better than the pics u saw in this forum...if you have pics of ur supposed to be well worn jeans then show them to us and we will appreciate your good work..

but dont blabberrr saying that ur jeans looks better than the others...

PEACE OUT

duskboy
28th October 2006, 22:58
oooh, cranky...

did i say "better" or more worn in?
didn't i say, "to each his own" after all?
have you read my sig?
No, I won't post a pic, can't be arsed...
I just meant to say that standing around in 'em won't
get those stiff jeans soft quickly -if that's what you're aiming for. But fun stuff like playing hide 'n seek with your dog in the woods every once in a while definetely will :-))))

Relax, everyone.
...or d'you really want "Enmity about Jeans"?

This is about what I like about Nudie:
I just think it's great to have a piece of clothing I really like that is meant to be used and gets better with age.Finally something I can officially shred.

I just stated an opinion.
And I mean, I really was a bit surprised about the whole community here.

:P :o

sarlo
28th October 2006, 23:17
i feel a sticky post :lol:

duskboy
28th October 2006, 23:19
i feel a sticky post :lol:

well, i guess so.....

ho-hum...

M!ch
29th October 2006, 00:30
I can't believe there are jeans geeks! and I can't believe I'm one of them!

By posting here you may just have become one of them, isn't that a fearfull thought? :wink:

duskboy
29th October 2006, 00:33
I already was one before...am still stumped!

Nudie-joch.
29th October 2006, 01:21
true true true..just do everything with your jeans, with your shoes that you wan`t to do with them..:D

but i`m waiting for some pics. dude.. :D :P :roll:

i do the same thing,
i just do everything with my jeans&shoes what i wan`t to do with them..

mikesduc
29th October 2006, 02:19
Calling Nudie "workwear" is a joke. I live in southern WV which is coal mining territory and if you asked a real workingman about the fading of his jeans he'd laugh at you or kick your ass. Nudie is about fashion period. I like fashion so I buy Nudie, Boss, Armani etc. If I'm really working I'm not too concerned with how it will make my jeans look better.

So don't kid yourself, if you spend 200 on a pair of jeans you are a jeans geek. It's not an insult either. I'm a total fashion whore, but if I'm out digging coal or tearing apart an engine I'm wearing cheap clothes.

mikesduc
29th October 2006, 02:31
Regarding the "shoes" comment: Most questios I've seen are not asking what should a person wear but rather what does a person wear. The main reason I like this forum is seeing the different cultures and lifestyles of people all over the world. With all the crap in the world today it's pretty cool to see debates over something as harmless as shoe brands or whether I "should" cuff my Slim Jim's. I think it is you who might be taking this thing about Nudie too seriously. To most of us it seems to be a fun distraction from the real world.

No offense intended, just voicing an opinion. Have fun, that's what fashion is about.

bilmaga
29th October 2006, 02:35
I would have to agree. I work on cars all day and if I wore my nudies to work everyday, they would be absolutely destroyed. By the end of the week, they would be covered in oil, dirt, grease, you name it. And they would stink soooooo bad (gear oil is rancid smelling).

Although they would probably look pretty cool if I could tough it out for 6 months. But by then, nobody would stand within a 1 block radius of me :lol:

bilmaga
29th October 2006, 02:38
I was agreeing with the "workwear comment"
the post just above mine slid in while I was typing

Nudie-joch.
29th October 2006, 02:42
I would have to agree. I work on cars all day and if I wore my nudies to work everyday, they would be absolutely destroyed. By the end of the week, they would be covered in oil, dirt, grease, you name it. And they would stink soooooo bad (gear oil is rancid smelling).

Although they would probably look pretty cool if I could tough it out for 6 months. But by then, nobody would stand within a 1 block radius of me :lol:

WOW :!: :D that is awesome dude.. :P

if i was you i would wear one of my Nudies everyday to me work for about one week.. :wink:
then we will see what happend to my jeans.. :D

dude why don`t you just do that.. :roll:
i`m dreaming to do that, what you can do.. :wink: :D :P
so for the second time..if i was you.. :wink: :!:

& remember we love pics. :wink:

bilmaga
29th October 2006, 02:47

WOW :!: that is so awesome..why not wear a Nudie to your`e work..wear them to you work for every day for about a week.. :wink: :D
& just see what happen to your`e pair of jeans.. :D :P
why not.. :?:

i would love to do that.. :wink:

i would really like to see some pics. after a week.. :D

Trust me, I have thought about doing it many times before. I don't mind the dirt, it's just the smell. I wear coveralls while im at work and if I wore them for a week solid, the smell would make you gag.

Although I could just buy a pair of nudies and wear them at work only. In fact I think that I will. :D :lol:

bilmaga
29th October 2006, 02:48
OOPS :oops:
sorry I just wrote inside your quote. :lol:
I'll fix it

duskboy
29th October 2006, 09:00
Calling Nudie "workwear" is a joke. I live in southern WV which is coal mining territory and if you asked a real workingman about the fading of his jeans he'd laugh at you or kick your ass. Nudie is about fashion period. I like fashion so I buy Nudie, Boss, Armani etc. If I'm really working I'm not too concerned with how it will make my jeans look better.

So don't kid yourself, if you spend 200 on a pair of jeans you are a jeans geek. It's not an insult either. I'm a total fashion whore, but if I'm out digging coal or tearing apart an engine I'm wearing cheap clothes.

(humming a melody) we don't have to pay as much as you do over here - lalaalala....the truth, sadly...seeing a nudie price tag in London recently nearly blew my mind.

then again,over here,
nudies are worn by every kid at the corner anyway, since they're not so pricey, that's why so many kids go skateboarding in 'em...

I remember when i came back from Sweden some years ago with my new nudiejeans. then my friend wanted a pair, but they were so hard to get (he didn't want to order from the 'net, just pick one up at the shop). these days, no problem.
so come on over, go snowboarding or sightseeing in Switzerland and grab some nudies :-)

of course, you're right about the heavy workwear situations, one would be quite the arse if he did some mining in nudies.
But if you want that whole "break-in"-thing, but it doesn't seem to happen: Use 'em - ACTIVELY!
personally, i hate boss and armani, but then again, I'm into vintage, rockabilly and certain skate labels...no illusions here, it's not less fashion, just a different direction...and nudies were the first jeans with "the right cuts" for me.

sebasz.
29th October 2006, 11:42
WOW that is awesome dude..

if i was you i would wear one of my Nudies everyday to me work for about one week..
then we will see what happend to my jeans..

dude why don`t you just do that..
i`m dreaming to do that, what you can do..
so for the second time..if i was you..

& remember we love pics.

Everyday i went to my summerjob at a tent-rental company(in nudie offcourse).. so every day i had to work outside in dirt and mud.. the result is much nicer! it really increases the fading!
but after a few weeks the smell became really horrible, i just had to wash it after a month! couldn't resist the smell anymore, and so the other workers :wink:
but my nudie couldn't hold my hard working, it finally felt apart :cry:
(picture in the greycast section)

Nudie-joch.
29th October 2006, 14:05
Everyday i went to my summerjob at a tent-rental company(in nudie offcourse).. so every day i had to work outside in dirt and mud.. the result is much nicer! it really increases the fading!
but after a few weeks the smell became really horrible, i just had to wash it after a month! couldn't resist the smell anymore, and so the other workers
but my nudie couldn't hold my hard working, it finally felt apart
(picture in the greycast section)

i like that pic. really really much.. :wink: