PDA

View Full Version : Kicking Mule

Pages : [1] 2

Mr.Indigo
10th October 2006, 11:45
Hey anyone had any experience with Kicking Mule?

I checked them out in Selfridges, London yesterday - seemed to be three cuts all raw. The denim has a similar feel to a Nudie selvage. Minimal details like no back pocket stitching. Quite expensive at ?189 :(

Dont know anyone thats ever had a pair so would be interesting to know if you guys have.

kmw516
4th June 2007, 10:24
i have a pair of the 1980 let me know if u wana see pics

Legoland
4th June 2007, 11:04
similar to nudie huh?? all KMW i've seen have been ultraslubby. looks really good imo

Bender
4th June 2007, 12:22
i have a pair of the 1980 let me know if u wana see pics

of course we wanna see pics.

I quite like the look of the KMW cuts. I'd really like to get a pair in the future...the distant future.

brick_grocer
4th June 2007, 12:45
I've got a pair of the 1980's as well, but they're back in Canada. Actually I can't really remember how they fit or how slubby they were. I CAN say that they were my first dry denim, and I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on them again.. :P

cameland
4th June 2007, 12:50
I think its just that one pair of KMV's thats super slubby the rest are nudie comparable.

bilmaga
4th June 2007, 15:58
Do you guys have the reg. 1980, or the AWA?

Either way, I want to see some pics.

Bender
8th June 2007, 00:02
I'm tossing up whether to get a pair of KMW 1980 or a pair of ALD Prescott.

completely different styles, i know. but in terms of construction and denim quality does anyone have some feedback? any details that might sway my decision?

thanks

SonOfSteez
8th June 2007, 00:07
KMW is not a Japanese brand.

They might use Japanese denim, but they are based out of Boulder, Colorado.

bilmaga
8th June 2007, 02:56
Moved.

Thanks

regularRyan
8th June 2007, 03:04
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to clear up some things about KMW. They are based in Boulder Colorado, but this season's production was done 100% in Okayama Prefecture, Japan. The first season KMW were produced in China. I look at it like this:

1st season KMW= APC-like
2nd season KMW= 45rpm-like

major improvement!

The AWA only comes in the 1950 fit and only 50 pairs were produced. Only two stores received the AWA, (CONTEXT and Denimbar). We currently have 8 pairs left.

When compared to RRDS the 1980, Rocker, 2010, and 1950 dry have a brighter weft thead, and the fabric weight feels lighter. Also, the KMW denim feels less startched than Nudie's dry selvage.

more information here
http://contextclothing.com/brands/kicking_mule/

regularRyan
8th June 2007, 03:07
Here are some AWA 1950 pics
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/ryandenim/IMG_7430.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/ryandenim/IMG_7427.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/ryandenim/IMG_7440.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j75/ryandenim/IMG_7412.jpg

Ghost
8th June 2007, 03:11
If I honestly had the cash to blow on anything I'd try those :)

regularRyan
8th June 2007, 03:20
This jean trumps all others. (The Oni Shoai is the only other jean of its type) The process of creating the denim is epic. Wearing a pair is like wearing an impenetrable denim force field. I can't wait to see a pair after a few years of wear.

Ghost
8th June 2007, 03:21
Have ppl been buying these pretty well? Any of you guys got a pair?

Tiro
8th June 2007, 03:27
I like the Oni shoai better tho...

still, this is a price I'm not willing to spend on jeans...

Ghost
8th June 2007, 03:29
Well after that Pace, you're almost getting there... Or maybe Bil!

Tiro
8th June 2007, 03:32
I can see Billy do it... :lol:
about the pace, that was a one time only thing, I swore to myself I would never spend more then 300 on 1 pair of jeans, the pace came close... :lol:

regularRyan
8th June 2007, 03:45
Ghost,

I do not have a pair myself, yet. There is one pair left in my size, but I'd feel better having a fellow denim enthusiast stop in the store and become a member of a very exclusive group.

Bender
8th June 2007, 09:53
Regarding my question earlier, I emailed context earlier today and got an extremely helpful response from Sam, who basically told me that the differences, between KMW and ALD are mainly in the fit, and the fact that the KMW are selvage, ALD not so much.

He also said that they will be getting the prescott darktone in a couple of weeks and the prescott selvage in september.

At the minute im confused, I want ALD but the KMW look awesome too...

I'm thinking i should forget all about jeans and get a Buzz Rickson jacket :twisted:

Ghost
8th June 2007, 10:14
Yeah I love those KMW Rockers a lot too. But man those AWAs are great too!

nt54
8th June 2007, 10:45
I would love a pair of the KMW 1950 (or is it 1980? Context has them labeled both ways) AWAs, but they're $600.

:(

The 2010s look pretty awesome, too.

Hard2Fit
8th June 2007, 10:53
I would love a pair of the KMW 1950 (or is it 1980? Context has them labeled both ways) AWAs, but they're $600.

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=188

nt54
8th June 2007, 11:00
Wow. Great sale.

Ghost
8th June 2007, 11:17
Damn now that makes it kinda worth getting? lol I dunno about that!

regularRyan
9th June 2007, 02:29

The AWAs are only in the 1950 cut.

http://contextclothing.com/brands/kicking_mule/

bilmaga
9th June 2007, 02:42

http://www.denimbaronline.com/store/item.asp?ITEM_ID=188

Thanks for the link :wink:

Ghost
9th June 2007, 13:47
Gonna get a pair of these too, Bil? I gotta say it's a lot more appealing at that price and it seems like an amazing piece of work right there. I might have to skip on the Pace for these....

bilmaga
9th June 2007, 16:29
You know me :wink:

I ordered one. Hopefully there are no problems.

It's killing my wallet. Within a week or so, I ordered
Pace Ltd.
Ald Prescott Darktone (sterlings not too long ago either)
Kicking Mule AWA

And now the skull contest just opened :evil: :lol:

apocalypse later
9th June 2007, 16:51
I have a pair of 1980s that I recently bought. It's probably the best fit I've ever worn on a jean. KMW always does great cuts. Love the denim as well.

bithc
9th June 2007, 16:56

Pace Ltd.
Kicking Mule AWA

:shock: :shock: :shock: you are truly legend :lol: cant wait to see your updated collection pics !!

f4igurl
9th June 2007, 17:04

Pace Ltd.
Kicking Mule AWA

We definitely need updated pics of The Collection! :lol:

Not to mention fit pics of all these cool new additions! :D

Ghost
9th June 2007, 19:51

Pace Ltd.
Kicking Mule AWA

Same here. I might have to drop out of the contest cause of this and will pass on the Pace. Only one limited jean for me right now and the AWA is it. Hell at only 50 pairs made, it's pretty damn limited and I love low edition stuff!

bilmaga
9th June 2007, 22:42

Pace Ltd.
Kicking Mule AWA

We definitely need updated pics of The Collection! :lol:

Not to mention fit pics of all these cool new additions! :D

Oh, I'm dying to know what all you got from Brick? I heard it was alot of things :D

Ghost
9th June 2007, 23:25
Yeah she had the biggest haul, didn't she?! :)

f4igurl
10th June 2007, 01:07
Oh you gossipers! :lol: :lol:

Hmmm.... A few SDA tees, 2 SDA jeans, a pair of sugar cane canvas jeans, a samurai belt, .....

Yes, yes, I know... I have a serious problem! No, I don't want counseling either! :lol:

bilmaga
10th June 2007, 01:17
:D

You know that word gets around in a small community. :wink:

Pics of your stuff is always welcome.

Ghost
10th June 2007, 01:21
Yeah definitely can't wait to see! I was eyeing a Sammie belt as well. Did you get the one with the beaten metal buckle plate or just the regular one?

f4igurl
10th June 2007, 01:21
The tracking info that Brick sent indicates that it was sitting with Canada Customs yesterday... I am sure I will get dinged big time... :roll:

But I can hardly wait - will post pics as soon as I get 'em! :D

f4igurl
10th June 2007, 01:22
Yeah definitely can't wait to see! I was eyeing a Sammie belt as well. Did you get the one with the beaten metal buckle plate or just the regular one?

Yes, tan leather with the beaten buckle! From the description, the leather is 1/4 inch thick! :shock: :D

Tiro
10th June 2007, 01:23
damn you bitches, I've been thinking bout getting that belt for quite some time now, the beaten buckle... I'm not too sure about it anymore tho...
:lol:

and I also want some Japanese tees, problem is, sizing, these things run small :cry:

f4igurl
10th June 2007, 01:27
Tiro, you might be pleasantly surprised! The difficulty I had was finding size medium - the smalls & mediums were the ones that tended to be sold out. Lots of stock in L & XL.

Shinichi (Skull) also sent me measurements for the Skull tees:

>> 38(M) | 40(L)
>> 66.0cm | 71.0cm | Body Length
>> 44.0cm | 48.5cm | Shoulder
>> 48.0cm | 52.0cm | Chest

"About T-shirts
Shrinkage after wash is the following.
height -3.5cm
width -1.5cm"

Cheers!

bilmaga
10th June 2007, 01:30
[quote="f4igurl"]The tracking info that Brick sent indicates that it was sitting with Canada Customs yesterday... I am sure I will get dinged big time... :roll: [quote]

I scares me just thinking about it :( :oops: :cry:

f4igurl
10th June 2007, 01:33
Canada Customs make me :evil: .

If there were rhyme or reason to how they determined duties/etc, I could deal with it, but it really just seems to depend on the whim of whomever is handling your import! :evil:

Ghost
10th June 2007, 01:34
damn you bitches, I've been thinking bout getting that belt for quite some time now, the beaten buckle... I'm not too sure about it anymore tho...

and I also want some Japanese tees, problem is, sizing, these things run small :cry:

Just means we all have great taste!

Tiro
10th June 2007, 01:36
yeah problem is tho, I've been looking around on rakuten alot for tees, they mostly don't seem to have XL and most tees are 53-54cm from pit to pit in size L, that would be hella tight on me, so taking shrinkage in account for, I reckon I need a size XL in Japanese tees...

Tiro
10th June 2007, 01:37

Just means we all have great taste!

yeah, but it makes it non-original again, now I have to find something elso to outsmart you guys... :lol:

I had a backup plan tho! :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

Ghost
10th June 2007, 01:38
Yeah I know what you mean, and I was looking at that belt to see if you could remove the buckle cause I collect a lot of vintage buckles to switch with and you really can't. It's a good thick belt too.

Besides I like to personalise my stuff :P

Tiro
10th June 2007, 01:43
hahaha, yeah I been thinking bout that also, thing is tho, that type of buckles doesn't come with two pins mostly... that's what attracted me to it at first, and the thick leather obviously...

still got the backup plan tho! :wink:

f4igurl
10th June 2007, 01:44
hahaha, yeah I been thinking bout that also, thing is tho, that type of buckles doesn't come with two pins mostly... that's what attracted me to it at first, and the thick leather obviously...

still got the backup plan tho! :wink:

Hmmmmm..... :idea: Pace? :D

Ghost
10th June 2007, 01:47
I was thinking Pace too :D

Tiro
10th June 2007, 01:48
nah too easy! :lol: it'll have to be Japanese :wink:

Ghost
10th June 2007, 01:50
Well I don't know many from there so you'll have it all to yourself :) I'm not to crazy about belts. Besides I tend to get custom ones made in Mexico, although it's more like real silver buckles with initials and what not rather then thick leathers. But I'll have to check it out.

f4igurl
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We love a challenge! I can just see it now... We'll all be off, scouring the Rakuten websites to find Tiro's belt! :wink:

bilmaga
I was thinking of buying a chunk of raw, thick leather and making my own belt.

Wonder if it's possible?

Ghost
10th June 2007, 01:51
I'm sure it would be! Make a poor man's belt by buzz sawing it and drilling holes in it!

f4igurl
10th June 2007, 01:52
Sure, you can get the stuff for finishing the raw edges from leathergoodsconnection, and a shoemaker can bevel any edges that need sewing - and can then sew it to boot. Pun intended! :D

Tiro
10th June 2007, 01:54
someone on sufu did it... was pretty sweet...

Ghost, you are actually getting warm with that mexico thing... :lol:
I'm a big belt lover, can't wear a jeans without a belt imho, I'll be getting my second ALD belt next time I visit Marcel and Roger... the full grain one this time

bilmaga
10th June 2007, 01:57
I might have to do it. :D

Your idea is funny ghost. Jagged edges, off-center holes.

But if I did, I would want it to look good. Like f4igurl suggested.

Tiro
10th June 2007, 01:59
you know, what would be tight is, you go to the junly, you catch a snake, beat it to death, then tie it round your waist :wink:

Ghost
10th June 2007, 02:25
someone on sufu did it... was pretty sweet...

Ghost, you are actually getting warm with that mexico thing... :lol:
I'm a big belt lover, can't wear a jeans without a belt imho, I'll be getting my second ALD belt next time I visit Marcel and Roger... the full grain one this time

I like that saddle leather ALD belt as well, but again I want to remove buckles. And Mexico eh? Hhmmm...

I might have to do it. :D

Your idea is funny ghost. Jagged edges, off-center holes.

But if I did, I would want it to look good. Like f4igurl suggested.

True, though I mean I'd be a little more accurate and technical when I'm drilling in holes! I wouldn't mind being rough like that!

you know, what would be tight is, you go to the junly, you catch a snake, beat it to death, then tie it round your waist :wink:

That would be...interesting! lol Other then the patch on the Okinawas I'm not that crazy about reptile skinned accessories!

Tiro
10th June 2007, 02:27
hehe, yeah well, it would be different tho...

and mexico, I was referring to what you said about those belts :wink:

Ghost
10th June 2007, 02:30
Ahh, yeah I have one belt right now, though it's pretty short and small now. Grained leather belt in segments coupled by pieces of silver, then buckled by a silver plate with my initials on them. With rivets on the buckles and plate. I need to update it and get a wider, thicker one.

ExileOnMainStreet
10th June 2007, 02:31
f4igurl -> what SDA tees/jeans did you get? as soon as i can gather enough small stuff on rakuten to make an order im gonna get a bunch of them, im not sure what i like better SDA's jeans or their accessories

[/quote]

f4igurl
10th June 2007, 03:23
f4igurl -> what SDA tees/jeans did you get? as soon as i can gather enough small stuff on rakuten to make an order im gonna get a bunch of them, im not sure what i like better SDA's jeans or their accessories

Exile - here is the grand list!
Jeans:
SDA sd-203r black denim
SDA 001 blue denim

These tee's:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bluebeat/sd-9211a-grn/
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bluebeat/studiodartisan-9255b/
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/bluebeat/sd-9230b-bl/

f4igurl
10th June 2007, 03:27
Whoops, sorry - here are the links to the jeans:

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/takeoff-c/i00000860/
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/denimstore/sd-001/

Ghost
10th June 2007, 08:05
Those are some great shirts!

ExileOnMainStreet
10th June 2007, 08:39
i love the buddy boo shirt im def. gonna pick that up in the next little bit, the 001 is quite a loose fit! but a lovely jean, is this your first left hand twill denim? im in love with my 003s

if you don't already know this if you sign up on rakuten, c-point ships to north america and they have a big studio d'artisan section with all kinds of good stuff like wallets, belts, anniversary addition jeans and they have quite an extensive denime section as well

Ghost
10th June 2007, 08:43
i love the buddy boo shirt im def. gonna pick that up in the next little bit, the 001 is quite a loose fit! but a lovely jean, is this your first left hand twill denim? im in love with my 003s

if you don't already know this if you sign up on rakuten, c-point ships to north america and they have a big studio d'artisan section with all kinds of good stuff like wallets, belts, anniversary addition jeans and they have quite an extensive denime section as well

C-Point ships out to the states? Or at least how do you manage to order cause it's all in Japanese? I wanted to get some stuff from that shop.

f4igurl
10th June 2007, 18:38

Hey Exile - thanks for the info! How do I sign up? I always go nuts trying to use translators like babelfish! :?

And yes - my first left hand twill! I heard it is quite diferent!

Tiro
10th June 2007, 18:45
you guys got a link for c-point?

bilmaga
10th June 2007, 20:12
Yeah, that would be nice.

Thats a strange avatar Tiro???????

Tiro
10th June 2007, 20:23
you are on to talk my friend, with that moustache :lol:

bilmaga
10th June 2007, 20:39
Yeah, but it's now my trademark.

I like your avatar, just that a can't really see what it is :wink:

Gregory
10th June 2007, 20:41
looks like a pair of japanese jeans wrapped up in plastic...?

bilmaga
10th June 2007, 20:47
That much I knew

Ghost
10th June 2007, 21:20
you guys got a link for c-point?

www.rakuten.co.jp/c-point

Nice Pretty Rikki avatar (I believe his name is) from Kill Bill!

Tiro
10th June 2007, 21:33
hehe, thanks, dunno his name, just looked nice...
btw I figured that was the page, but when I try to look at it, I get a page with a little bit of text, then I get forwarded automatically to www.rakuten.co.jp...

bilmaga
10th June 2007, 21:34
So did I

Ghost
10th June 2007, 21:39
Let me try again. My bad it's http://www.rakuten.co.jp/cpoint/

without the dash.

Tiro
10th June 2007, 21:55
that does the trick...
pretty nice Denime selection :D

bilmaga
10th June 2007, 21:57
Is all they carry for jeans Denime and SDA?

I couldn't find the sammys that someone said that they bought from there?

I also don't know how to sign up. Or do you do that when you actually make a purchase?

Tiro
10th June 2007, 22:03
yeah only SDA and Denime it seems...
well actually I was hoping for some nice tees and RM... :wink: :lol:

Ghost
10th June 2007, 22:30
Haha yeah mainly SDA and Denime. the Bears store has Sammies but they don't ship out of Japan.

dji
11th June 2007, 14:34
Trying to decide between JR Hoboken No Wash (red selvedge) or KMW Rockers in a size 29. Does anyone know which has a smaller leg opening? I emailed Context about it and they told me the Rockers have a 6.5" leg opening, I tried emailing denimbar for a comparison but haven't got a reply.
Any help would be must appreciated

f4igurl
12th June 2007, 03:05
:D

You know that word gets around in a small community. :wink:

Pics of your stuff is always welcome.

:D :D :D

Posted under "Anything" - "What's your last purchase"!

And on top of it, I received the black 5000BK sammies I bought from SLAB! Broke but happy! :D

bilmaga
12th June 2007, 03:11
You rock f4igurl

Too bad more girls aren't like you. :lol:

f4igurl
12th June 2007, 03:15
You rock f4igurl

:oops: :wink: Thanks!

Ummmm... we'll see.... Especially when the VISA bills come in! :shock:

Ghost
12th June 2007, 03:45
You rock f4igurl

What do you mean more girls like you?! All girls are like that essentially except F4igurl has better taste! The rest just still love to spend just as much!

bilmaga
12th June 2007, 03:50
You know what I mean :wink:

Think of how great of an icebreaker it would be if you met a girl in the bar wearing a pair of ALD, Sammys, SDA, etc.

f4igurl
12th June 2007, 04:02
You rock f4igurl

What do you mean more girls like you?! All girls are like that essentially except F4igurl has better taste! The rest just still love to spend just as much!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad but true! I'm just a little twisted because my clothes shopping means dry jeans and my shoe shopping means sneakers and workboots! :wink:

Tiro
12th June 2007, 16:56

Think of how great of an icebreaker it would be if you met a girl in the bar wearing a pair of ALD, Sammys, SDA, etc.

think of how big the chance would be it would be f4igurl or beatle... :lol:

but sad enough, also think of how small the chance would be of this actually happening...

Ghost
12th June 2007, 19:34

Hell yeah, instantly you're above the rest just cause you're both into something very unique!

bilmaga
13th June 2007, 03:24
I still have yet to talk to someone face to face about dry denim. Guy or girl.

Thats why I'm on here so much :lol:

Ghost
13th June 2007, 04:30
Haha the only other ppl I talk too is the other flatmate I turned on about dry denim in the first place.

Though he still thinks it's mad to spend $400+ on a pair of jeans... :roll:

Tiro
13th June 2007, 17:15
haha...

only people I talk to about it in real life are dave, Marcel and Roger...

f4igurl
14th June 2007, 03:02
I love our community! :D

cameland
14th June 2007, 03:13
I am so lucky to have met someone who I could talk to face to face from melbourne, if you look though there are many superfuturians from melb. Luckily I am the same size as this guy so we get to try each others jeans on and thats how I ended up buying his evisu...oh that was so long ago....

bilmaga
14th June 2007, 03:21
I see that you are the one in Melb who will wear the flatheads in the world tour. You are so lucky Dom :wink:

regularRyan
14th June 2007, 05:42

bil,

I can't imagine what that is like! I can not go a full day with out having multiple conversations about denim.

Do people ask you about your jeans when you are out? I get questions from people all the time.

bilmaga
14th June 2007, 06:03

bil,

I can't imagine what that is like! I can not go a full day with out having multiple conversations about denim.

Do people ask you about your jeans when you are out? I get questions from people all the time.

It sucks Ryan. I wish I owned a denim shop like you do. It would truly be a dream come true. Talking to people all day about denim would be heaven.

Yeah, I get alot of questions about my jeans. I try and explain my passion, but people can't seem to wrap their head around the whole concept of dry denim. People think it's gross that I don't wash my jeans. My friends think I am a fool because I buy super expensive jeans from all over the world. They hate the feel of raw denim, and can't imagine wearing anything like that. I have tried time and time again to get my friends to just try a pair, but they don't want anything to do with it.

I once tried talking to a couple of guys that work at a store that sells nudies. I figured that since they were both wearing nudies, that I might have a chance (even though they were a pre-wash). They got this glazed look in their eyes as I was talking to them, and didn't know a damn thing about it.

So my quest still continues :lol: . One day I will have to travel to some jean shops around the globe. You aren't too far away from me either. So I might have to make some US stops one of these days.

regularRyan
14th June 2007, 06:44
I feel you. One of my best friends told me I was a fool for buying my RRDS. (that was back 2001) and going so long without washing them. It took some convincing, but he has purchased the following from my store:

1RRDS
1KMW 1980 Japan
1ALD Prescott (14oz dry)
1ALD Frontier (14oz dry)
1Lee 101b limited edition (his favorite)

--an impressive collection for a former skeptic.

I love the look on people's faces when you show them the new dry selvage next to a pair of worn in dry selvage. They can not believe their eyes! It's even more fun converting fans of brands like 7 or True Religion to brands like Nudie or KMW.

p.s. Is this still the Kicking Mule thread? Derailed!

bilmaga
14th June 2007, 06:48
It will come back around. :lol:

I didn't know that you guys sold lee.

regularRyan
14th June 2007, 07:04
Yeah,

We had the 101b & 101z in a dark coated non selvage limited edition. We had it just after we opened and were unable to reorder. I wish they would produce it again. The coating made it the strongest nonselvage denim I've seen. I'll try to get you some pics of it. We have one pair of the 101b with a hair hide patch and cinchback in a 36W (38measured) that remains. We may have more Lee for this fall.

We do have plenty of KMW :wink:

Ghost
14th June 2007, 07:10
You guys definitely have a badass shop. And I really like that KMV rocker pair. Back in Chicago we didn't have anything like JP or Context which is really odd. I think there's money in the making there if someone really took the time out.

Hell if I had the money I'd do it too! If Context ever wants to make a shop there and needs more ppl to manage... ;)

But yeah no one ever asks me about my jeans, then again I don't go out much and when I do it's dark or too hot to notice. But I'm content knowing what I have. Just like with my comic book, DVD, and statue and collectibles collections only I can really appreciate what I have and others alike :)

Oh yeah can't wait to see those AWAs!!!

regularRyan
14th June 2007, 07:23
Ghost,
I don't think it will be long before the denim enthusiast has a place to get what he needs in Chicago.

Moving on, I just washed my Prescotts. I may start on a pair of AWAs. Should I go for it?

Ghost
14th June 2007, 07:30
Hey man 1 out of 50! I say go for it, sure someone else can have it but we're all denim fanatics at heart and what better way to see how they're coming along when you're wearing them right? I wonder who else off the forum got these. Not to mention ppl on Sufu!

regularRyan
14th June 2007, 07:46
I'll have to talk it over with the boys at CONTEXT. My business partner wears a 28 in SJ and a 26 in New Standards. He looks ridiculous in ALD and they didn't make the AWA small enough for him. We only have one 29 AWA left (my size in the 1950), and I'd hate to grab it and have someone call for it the day after. I guess I'll drink it over and then sleep on it.

Ghost
14th June 2007, 07:49
Wow a 29, I went with a 31, here's hoping I choose wisely....

bilmaga
14th June 2007, 07:52
I went with a 31 also, because it said not to size down like you would with other jeans.

Oh well..... I don't mind them a little baggy. My pace ltd. are loose as well. But I like the fit of those too. I can wear them nice and low.

With the AWA's, you should soak them first anyways right?

Ghost
14th June 2007, 07:59
They also said that don't expect much stretching as they're very tightly woven. I didn't read anywhere about having to soak though....

regularRyan
14th June 2007, 08:10
Bil,
Unlike the Oni, the AWAs are sanforized. Soaking them shouldn't do much to the denim.

Ghost,
I think you'll be OK with a 31. The 1950 is a fit that will look great on the loose side, and you already have at least one slim jean (the Dukes).

I'm wearing the 29 in the fit pic on web site and they are a bit tight in the waist. I've been loosing weight so the 29 will fit more comfortably in about a month.

Do not expect these to stretch. You'll know what I'm talking about when you have a pair and feel the denim. Guys, please let me know what your thoughts are.

regularRyan
14th June 2007, 08:16
did you talk to the people at denimbar about stretching, sanforization, fit, etc...?

Ghost
14th June 2007, 08:20
Not really, more of an impulse buy. :D

But thanks for the info. Least if I know it's too loose I know they have a 30 in stock but then again I wouldn't want them to be incredibly tight knowing they won't stretch so much so who knows. My Imperials stretched out in the waist a good amount but the hips and all are still really fitted. I like the fit though.

But I'm in the process of losing weight as well, so who knows. We'll see once I get them in and try them on. If not and I can I'll exchange.

regularRyan
14th June 2007, 08:26
Ghost,

Are you going to commit to wearing just the AWAs for awhile? I'm not sure I could wear them in the summer heat and humidity. Then again, Black denim is not much cooler. Maybe keep them just for night wear.

Ghost
14th June 2007, 08:39
Honestly I don't wear anything else. I only own one pair of shorts out here in Cali. And if my Sammies would have fit I would drudge on wearing those but I would definitely wear them. It's not really humid out here just very very hot. Dry heat. And wearing the tight Imperial blacks alone is a bit tough but nothing horrible so I'm sure I can muster it.

regularRyan
14th June 2007, 09:44
That's what I like to hear.

Ghost
14th June 2007, 10:10
That's what I like to hear.

First time I have a piece of clothing that I'll really treasure. Well I treasure most of my stuff but something like this is pretty big! I do have some pretty awesome comics and some pretty limited collectibles too so I'm no stranger to the collecting game :)

regularRyan
14th June 2007, 20:43
let me know when you want to add a KMW rocker to that collection. :wink:

Ghost
14th June 2007, 21:44
Haha you got it. Though I don't want my AWAs too loose, I like a good fitted jean. Other then ALD I prefer most of my stuff nicely fitted.

Ghost
18th June 2007, 22:30
Woooo I just got my AWAs in today! Man they look big, I'm wondering if I have to soak them?! I haven't tried them on but I did check them out since I'm here at work. They look really REALLY nice!!! The denim feels so good too and really slubby! I'll take pics as soon as I get home and fit pics too!

cameland
19th June 2007, 01:35
damn, your collection is just too good. This is one of those times I wish I wasn't a student and I had some kind of job. THEN THEY WILL ALL BE MINE :twisted:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/5823/1181991939055ej5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Ghost
19th June 2007, 01:52
Haha it's nothing compared to Bilmaga's but it might get there ;)
If it wasn't for my job I wouldn't even be here either!

I dunno what's scarier, the Santa or that kid's humongous head!

bilmaga
19th June 2007, 03:45
No way :wink:

My AWA's should be here any day :P

Ghost
19th June 2007, 04:07
No worries I only one a select few from various brands not many more but then again whose to say once I get to your level I won't stop!

bilmaga
19th June 2007, 04:23
Trust me, you won't.

Unless you start hating dry denim. Which for me would be impossible.

You know, it's strange. I have never been into any or felt as strongly about other hobby/lifestyle as dry denim. I don't think I will ever not wear them.

cameland
19th June 2007, 04:47
Yeah same here bilmaga, never felt so strong about something, the concept is just so cool! 8)

stylez
19th June 2007, 06:02
Dry denim is the shit!

Yeah I order KMW Rockers 36" inseam 10 days ago from revolve, I'll be rocking them anyday now.

Ghost
19th June 2007, 06:20
Too true Bil, but I have too many hobbies and they're all equally expensive :)

I'm posting pics as we speak. Unfortunately they're quite big on me. I should have ordered a size 30waist instead :( I don't know if we're supposed to soak these though hopefully Ryan can clue us in, do you know anything about that Bil? If not then I definitely need to size down and just called Denim Bar to confirm these questions but they won't get back to me till tomorrow.

bilmaga
19th June 2007, 06:29
They are sanforized, so shrinkage will be minimal. I also ordered the 31's :cry:

I guess I will just hotsoak and hope for the best. I was just scared because they aren't really vanity sized like nudies are, and they won't stretch alot because of the tight weave.

Ghost
19th June 2007, 06:40
Wow if you ordered a 31, they might be really loose on you mate! I mean considering my frame and fatness compared to yours. I'm just resizing and adjusting pics. Give me 5 mins :)

bilmaga
19th June 2007, 06:53
Here is my logic :oops:

My prescotts measure a true 32 (in a size 30). And I don't mind the loose fit.

The AWA's are supposed to be a 31.5 (in a 31) and are a loose fit.

Now I feel stupid. I hope i will like them loose.

Ghost
19th June 2007, 06:58
Yeah I know what you mean, my Prescotts are a 32 as well, least tag size. They're not that bad really like they say, they won't stretch but I would have just liked them fitted. My flatmate said they still look great on me. And although the pics are deceiving and look like they're tight on me, they're really not I can wear them lower if I wanted, here are the pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HumanCHAOS/AWAs.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HumanCHAOS/Flamer.jpg

The denim is great, super slubby, caked on like they said looks gorgeous.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HumanCHAOS/Pocket.jpg

Non contrast great stitching.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HumanCHAOS/BeautifulPatch.jpg

The patch is great leather, feels very smooth!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HumanCHAOS/CoinSelvage.jpg

Didn't care too much for this but looks great. As does the button selvage next up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HumanCHAOS/ButtonSelvage.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HumanCHAOS/TagsNumber.jpg

12/50 nice number :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HumanCHAOS/Awa.jpg

And the stuff about the AWA.

bilmaga
19th June 2007, 07:03
WOW, I feel so much better after seeing you in them. Those look perfect. Seeing as these are a 1950 fit, they are supposed to be loose.

Ghost
19th June 2007, 07:05
Yeah I guess you're right and no real hip flares still! They feel great, can't wait to see you post pics of yours.

Hard2Fit
19th June 2007, 07:23
I think those look perfect too!

Ghost
19th June 2007, 07:24
Haha thanks mate. I might just keep them and avoid the hassle of exchanging them. Before I didn't button all the buttons just the top button but now that I did them all up it's not too loose. I still have like 2 inches in the waist but it isn't that bad. I still wonder what a 30w would feel like though.

stylez
21st June 2007, 20:27
If I payed over 300 dollars for a pair of jeans, Id want the perfect fit. Are you planning on gaining weight? If so, id keep them. If not id return them. Isnt returning in the US easy though, dont they come with prepaid mailing return labels? Just pop it back in the mailbox, and it will ship itself back. Or is that just with revolve?

The point is their AWA's, there pretty exclusive and limited! You dont want to say "yeah I bought a pair, but I dont wear them because I screwed up on sizing and they fit like parachute pants". Dont get me wrong, they look pretty nice in the picture. but if your not confident about them return them.

regularRyan
21st June 2007, 20:47
Ghost,

The pics look great. Don't return them. You and Bil should have an AWA contest when his arrive. I can't wait to see these jeans after the fade.

Nice work.

Ghost
22nd June 2007, 00:08
Heh if he's up for it, it would take a loooooong time before these would get any wear and I think he's already committed to some other contests. And no Stylez I know what you mean but I like the fit I just felt I maybe could have but I'm wearing them today and and I really just wanna lay into them for a good long time :)

f4igurl
22nd June 2007, 04:21
Yeah I guess you're right and no real hip flares still! They feel great, can't wait to see you post pics of yours.

They are super!! :D

cameland
22nd June 2007, 04:26
I have yet to see a pair of jeans that doesnt fit ghost really really well. Damn You ghost!

Ghost
22nd June 2007, 04:54
I have yet to see a pair of jeans that doesnt fit ghost really really well. Damn You ghost!

Yeah well I think I rather be thin AND fit into all these great jeans :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v411/HumanCHAOS/AWAstoday.jpg

cameland
22nd June 2007, 04:57
Why would you want to be thin? Everything fits you great as is.

Tiro
22nd June 2007, 04:58
good fit on those AWA there man! :D

damn, I wish I was as lucky with my Japanese jeans sizing...
(tho the dj-501xx might be the first that actually worked out great, we'll see after the soak)

Ghost
22nd June 2007, 05:11
Why would you want to be thin? Everything fits you great as is.

Haha well not thin like a stick figure like most guys just lean :) with no lovehandles filling over the edges 8)

good fit on those AWA there man! :D

damn, I wish I was as lucky with my Japanese jeans sizing...
(tho the dj-501xx might be the first that actually worked out great, we'll see after the soak)

Thanks man! Do these actually count as Japanese jeans? I guess they would haha. Oh man but I want those DJs too :twisted:

stylez
22nd June 2007, 05:15
Those actually fit you amazing. I was just saying, its good to be confident about how they look before keeping them.

stylez
22nd June 2007, 05:18
Guys I dont know If I should keep these or not. The 1950 are looking really nice right now, and might exchange them for those, not the AWA's.
So guys tell me what you think.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/stylez_album/KMWJune21.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/stylez_album/KMWJune21Back.jpg

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q148/stylez_album/KMWJune21Side.jpg

Ghost
22nd June 2007, 05:21
Haha I just talk outloud too much and I'm very indecisive! But that looks like a great fit as is! Unless you want a looser straight fit then you should get the 1950 version.

cameland
22nd June 2007, 05:26
Those fit you 100 times better than your jims, keep them.

Ghost
22nd June 2007, 05:35
My Jims or this guy's Jims?! lol

cameland
22nd June 2007, 05:38
nah not you ghost, other guy. I've seen his jims on sufu I think.

Ghost
22nd June 2007, 05:41
Gotcha!

stylez
22nd June 2007, 05:59
nah not you ghost, other guy. I've seen his jims on sufu I think.

Yup, that was definately me.

bilmaga
22nd June 2007, 07:09
Hey stylez, I see a bunny in the background.

They are everywhere in Calgary.

KM look good as well :D

Ghost
22nd June 2007, 07:14
Hell back in the Chicago burbs we have tons! They let us shoot them now cause they're becoming a nuisance!

Tiro
22nd June 2007, 11:49
Haha well not thin like a stick figure like most guys just lean :) with no lovehandles filling over the edges 8)

hehe, don't worry bout that man, I'm the same type of build as you are from looking at the pictures, maybe a bit 'fatter' even... :lol:

I see no reason at all to want to be more skinny or lean... :wink:

Thanks man! Do these actually count as Japanese jeans? I guess they would haha. Oh man but I want those DJs too :twisted:

Well they ain't a Japanese brand, but they are made in Japan, right?
Anyhow, I was more referring to the fact that these are equally hard to size, since you also never had the chance to try them on...
I wish you goodluck in your dj-quest :wink:

Ghost
22nd June 2007, 12:07
hehe, don't worry bout that man, I'm the same type of build as you are from looking at the pictures, maybe a bit 'fatter' even... :lol:

I see no reason at all to want to be more skinny or lean... :wink:

Well they ain't a Japanese brand, but they are made in Japan, right?
Anyhow, I was more referring to the fact that these are equally hard to size, since you also never had the chance to try them on...
I wish you goodluck in your dj-quest :wink:

Yeah yeah you're right I guess it's the California mentality hitting me already with all these beautiful women all around me!

And yeah you're right I guess I didn't know if the 1950 cut was like a repro or just something else. I definitely want to be a part of the DJ club :)

Tiro
22nd June 2007, 12:12
damn you california for making people think they're fat! then again, the women over there... :twisted:

hehe, you would be one of the people that would def. fit right into the dj-club I think man... :wink:

Ghost
22nd June 2007, 12:13
Haha I'll have to check some out when I go back to Europe! I'm mainly a rock show guy :)

Tiro
22nd June 2007, 12:17
yeah that too, but I meant the dj-501xx club... :lol:

Ghost
23rd June 2007, 03:16
Oh well then yeah! I really need to get into that club mate!

Bobbejaan
25th June 2007, 22:57

Pace Ltd.
Kicking Mule AWA

You are a sick sick man. do you sleep or just walk around brake in jeans

Ghost
26th June 2007, 00:15
We need pics of those AWAs Bil! It's been a week :D I know you're busy but you can do it :) I tried a soak on mine and nothing really changed, oh well!

Tiro
26th June 2007, 00:23
hehe, life's a bitch, then you get addicted to jeans, huh ghost...
how hot did you soak em?

Ghost
26th June 2007, 00:25
After watching the sale go through and not really buying anything I figured I'm getting close to stopping actually. Aside from those DJs, some Sammies and PBJs, I should be good for a long while you know?

As hot as the bath could draw actually. Couldn't keep my hand in there that's for sure!

Tiro
26th June 2007, 00:30
and no shrinking at all? damn... tough crowd, euh jeans...

hehe, I'm almost done for a while too, contest XX type, maybe blueblood paper silk, but those are expensive so dunno yet...
then next year, maybe a pair of samurai's...

but in that time, something really awesome might hit te stores...

Ghost
26th June 2007, 00:35
Yeah exactly I know that feeling. I got around to getting most of the Nudie stuff I want though I might go for that new veggie Slim Jim that will come out later on. I finally got the Connys that I wanted too so with Nudie I'm pretty set. It's just those DJs that I want so bad :D

And yeah no biggie these actually will be the loosest fitting jeans I have and that's kewl with me I like them.

Tiro
26th June 2007, 00:38
yeah they fit you great man, no worries def.

hehe, I'm done with Nudie since a long long time...
LFDS and BBOS, might get me a RRDS if I find one cheap to work in...

Ghost
26th June 2007, 00:42
yeah they fit you great man, no worries def.

hehe, I'm done with Nudie since a long long time...
LFDS and BBOS, might get me a RRDS if I find one cheap to work in...

You know at first I didn't like the Ralfs at all till I saw them on some ppl and I gotta say I really liked them and wished I had gone with them instead of the Svens but they're good too so either way I'll get a Ralf eventually. Or just stick with the DJ which is perfect :D

Tiro
26th June 2007, 00:46
well I want a pretty normal fit to trash at work and the DJ's or XX type would be a bit overdoing it...

a ralf seems perfect, DS or DG... must be able to find one at a decent price...

indigo_junkie
28th June 2007, 07:42
Picked up the very last pair of 1980 at the context sale. 33/32. I've heard it's sanforized which is good, becuause the inseam a bit shorter than what I normally get. The waist will be okay, I wear the same size in PBJXX-007 and Sam S710, but I'm worried about the thigh size. Of course, the excitement of buy jeans untried over the internet is what makes it so fun... I guess. We'll find out in about 10 days time.

f4igurl
2nd July 2007, 19:13
After reading all the love about the AWAs, I was (am!) jealous!

Now that I've received the Rockers from the Context sale, all I can say is... Wow.

Beautiful denim, selvage on coin pockets & inside fly, half lined back pockets, silver rivets, embroidered mule on the inside fly, great great fit!! And natural indigo to boot. What's not to love?! I imagine that the AWAs take it to the next level.

KMW is a brand that is probably under-appreciated, but I am loving it!

Two thumbs up! :)

Ghost
2nd July 2007, 19:26
Pics, pics!!!

f4igurl
2nd July 2007, 22:37
Ghost, here you go...

http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img110/706/kmwrockerfrontsx7.jpg

http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img110/163/kmwrockerbackte4.jpg

http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img503/4206/kmwrocker2nw9.jpg

http://imgcash6.imageshack.us/img503/2595/kmwrocker1qa7.jpg

f4igurl
2nd July 2007, 22:39
To note... I ordered mine with an inseam of 32'' - on the Rockers, the run 2 inches longer than stated, for more stacking. So mine are at 34.. :)

bilmaga
2nd July 2007, 22:54
Those look really good f4igurl :D

I can't wait till mine show up

f4igurl
2nd July 2007, 22:57
Thanks! You won't be disappointed Bil!

I guessed I could have sized down one, but I just wanted a slim, not skin-tight fit!

BTW, I still haven't figured out how to put smilies in the body of message, other than typing them out...

bilmaga
2nd July 2007, 23:00
Yeah, you have to type out the smilies manually.

The only problem is that I have no idea how to do half of them lol!

f4igurl
2nd July 2007, 23:20
Same here.. :(

Hey! How did you get your avatar up & running?!

bilmaga
2nd July 2007, 23:24
Mine was never lost. I have no idea why mine works and 90% of the other ones don't.

johncubus
3rd July 2007, 01:18
Just got home from a business trip and waiting for me was my package from Context!!! Since Context didn't carry Baggy Bjorns I took a gamble and got the KMW 2010 since they seemed to be similar in cut. To my relief I was right. Nice loose fit in the legs, snug in the waist. I am extremely happy with the purchase especially because they were 50% off!!! I'll post fit pics tonite when I have some time.

bilmaga
3rd July 2007, 01:32
I'm glad things worked out for you. I love the quality of the denim and the small details.

And the 50% off wasn't too bad either ;)

johncubus
3rd July 2007, 10:24
I'm glad things worked out for you. I love the quality of the denim and the small details.

And the 50% off wasn't too bad either ;)

Thanks Justin. Here are the fit pics as I promised. Nice baggy relaxed fit. I'm thinking of ordering the 1950s soon for a slimmer fit in the KMWs.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/johncubus/DSC06478.jpg
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/johncubus/DSC06481.jpg

Tiro
3rd July 2007, 12:23
good fit there man, but just a sidenote, Bjorns where never snug in the waist, if anything, the waist was kinda huge... or is...

aaaaah bjorns and franks... a generation gone to waste... :(

also, guys, my avatar wasn't lost either, but it didn't show at first, so I deleted it, thinking of re-upping it again, so maybe it would work, now I'm stuck without the possibility of upping it...

I should have left it alone, then it would have worked by now probably... :mad:

Ghost
3rd July 2007, 12:27
good fit there man, but just a sidenote, Bjorns where never snug in the waist, if anything, the waist was kinda huge... or is...

aaaaah bjorns and franks... a generation gone to waste... :(

also, guys, my avatar wasn't lost either, but it didn't show at first, so I deleted it, thinking of re-upping it again, so maybe it would work, now I'm stuck without the possibility of upping it...

I should have left it alone, then it would have worked by now probably... :mad:

Haha the same thing happened to me with my avatar!!!

And Johncubus nice fit! But if you've seen my AWAs the 1950s aren't exactly any slimmer then those!

Tiro
3rd July 2007, 13:18
we shoulda left it alone! :p

those 2010's look like a nice cut tho... I thought the awa was the only loose fit KMW had...

bilmaga
3rd July 2007, 15:28
Thanks for the fit pics Johncubus.

Those fit you perfectly.

johncubus
3rd July 2007, 18:13
Thanks guys. I guess I'll go for the rockers for that slimmer fit. I got a coupon from Revolve but I need to double check to see if I can use them on KMWs, so I might pull the trigger soon.

f4igurl
3rd July 2007, 20:10
Very nice fit! And I like the Warhols! :)

johncubus
4th July 2007, 00:11
Very nice fit! And I like the Warhols! :)

Thanks and good eye on the shoes. They are a nice alternative to Vans slip-ons. I have wide feet and the Warhols were able to compensate nicely.

BTW do you ride a Honda CBR F4i?

f4igurl
4th July 2007, 02:55
:)

Great minds! I have a couple of pairs of the akselles, one being the women's denim, the other the Warhol!

Just a lucky guess?! ;)

Yes, I ride a 2004 yellow CBR600F4i! My toy!

How about you - what's your ride?

johncubus
4th July 2007, 03:03
:)

Great minds! I have a couple of pairs of the akselles, one being the women's denim, the other the Warhol!

Just a lucky guess?! ;)

Yes, I ride a 2004 yellow CBR600F4i! My toy!

How about you - what's your ride?

I have a Blue 2003 Yamaha R6. The weather has been great so she's been my primary mode of transportation.

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa168/johncubus/10689433365108l.jpg

f4igurl
4th July 2007, 04:09
Sweet!

Mine:

http://imgcash4.imageshack.us/img20/9094/cbr600f4i1kb2.jpg

johncubus
4th July 2007, 04:12
Very nice! Yellow screams fast.

Sweet!

Mine:

indigo_junkie
7th July 2007, 11:42
Putting up my KMW 1980 raw fit pics. They're soaking as I'm writing this, so probably have fit pics post soak in about 12 hours or so. They fit pretty slim and pretty low. Not too overly fond of the lower pockets, though.

http://users.tpg.com.au/tchoi17/kmw03.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/tchoi17/kmw04.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/tchoi17/kmw05.jpg

johncubus
7th July 2007, 11:45
I think the fit in these pics look fine. Why are you soaking?

indigo_junkie
7th July 2007, 12:08
I think the fit in these pics look fine. Why are you soaking?

I just don't like the feel of raw jeans. I soak everything now, try and get all the starch out before wearing. I like the idea of putting gentle fades on my jeans, no hard creases etc... It's just a thing for me. I started wearing my RRDS and Imperial Dukes raw to begin with, tried to do the whole no washing for 6 months but didn't make it. I just discovered that when I washed my jeans for the first time (with the RRDS after 2 months and the Dukes after 3 months), I just like the feeling of the denim better than raw. After that, I always soak before wearing. I just put up the raw fit pics so that I can have something to compare the post soak pics with. And, yes, I know they are sanforized. Shrinking jeans to size isn't the main reason why I soak.

johncubus
7th July 2007, 12:23
I just don't like the feel of raw jeans. I soak everything now, try and get all the starch out before wearing. I like the idea of putting gentle fades on my jeans, no hard creases etc... It's just a thing for me. I started wearing my RRDS and Imperial Dukes raw to begin with, tried to do the whole no washing for 6 months but didn't make it. I just discovered that when I washed my jeans for the first time (with the RRDS after 2 months and the Dukes after 3 months), I just like the feeling of the denim better than raw. After that, I always soak before wearing. I just put up the raw fit pics so that I can have something to compare the post soak pics with. And, yes, I know they are sanforized. Shrinking jeans to size isn't the main reason why I soak.

Makes complete sense. Good luck with them, they are great looking jeans!

cameland
7th July 2007, 12:26
exposed pocket selvage.....ewwwww. :P The jeans look alright though. Too bad your camera can't show the true colour.

indigo_junkie
7th July 2007, 12:49
exposed pocket selvage.....ewwwww. :P The jeans look alright though. Too bad your camera can't show the true colour.

Yeah, it's a crappy 2mp phone camera, but it's all I've got atm. Actually the exposed pocket selvage is starting to grow on me. I'm curious to see what the colour looks like after the hot soak (with this camera, probably the same on photos). The soak water is just this yucky brown colour. I've changed it and it's on it's second hour hot soak with fresh water right now.

indigo_junkie
8th July 2007, 08:17
Three hour hot soak with the water changed every hour. The water went a dark brown and there was a smell similar to rust that came off the jeans. By the third water change, the water was only slightly brown and the smell on the jean was much improved. No indigo loss that I could see. The denim felt a lot fresher after the soak (I don't need any of that metallic smelling brown stuff to come off the jeans onto my legs). It did shrink a little in the inseam (about 1 inch) so no cuffs. The waist sort of stayed the same, though I stretched it a bit while it was still wet.

http://users.tpg.com.au/tchoi17/kmw06.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/tchoi17/kmw07.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/tchoi17/kmw08.jpg

Now it's off deck while I work on my SC40200 till the Dubbleworks comp.

Ghost
8th July 2007, 08:24
Soaking makes them more rigid if anything....

indigo_junkie
8th July 2007, 09:26
Soaking makes them more rigid if anything....

Soaking tends to activate any dormant starch in the fibers, but it also removes any excess starch (and other processing chemicals) out of the denim, so in the long run, it'll be softer, less rigid. For some reason or another, my KMW actually got looser post soak (inseam shrank an inch). The denim was rigid, but after an hour of wear, feels a lot softer and the shiny raw denim feeling is gone (which some people like on jeans, but not me).

Hard2Fit
12th July 2007, 06:44
Doing some preliminary sizing research on KMW 1950 AWA's here. AWA owners, do inseams on your jeans measure as marked, come up short, or are they a little long? Also, talk to me about stretching. . .

CarrotCake
15th July 2007, 04:41
How do the rockers fit? Do they fit similar to the SJ?

bilmaga
15th July 2007, 04:42
More tapered. Higher rise

There are pics of them in the photo section. I think stylez posted pics.

CarrotCake
16th July 2007, 02:59
Does anyone have the measurement of the leg opening of the Rockers in comparison to a Slim Jim?

theLorax
16th July 2007, 13:49
Ran into a local store that happened to carry KMW. I tried on the rocker, 32x34

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/hepnotic/Jeans/KMW/kmwrocker.jpg

I really loved the fit. A member here was selling one in the same size for an awesome price so I bought it. Should have it in 2 days!

So my main dry jean rotation will be:

Nudie RRDS
KMW Rocker
APC New Standard
Cheap Monday Alive & Dry

theLorax
16th July 2007, 13:50
Does anyone have the measurement of the leg opening of the Rockers in comparison to a Slim Jim?

i can give you a measurement in a couple days, but i had a slim jim, and the leg opening between the two seem very similar.

indigo_junkie
16th July 2007, 14:01
Ran into a local store that happened to carry KMW. I tried on the rocker, 32x34

Looks good. For sanforized jeans you want them that tight at the beginning. :)

CarrotCake
18th July 2007, 05:43
i can give you a measurement in a couple days, but i had a slim jim, and the leg opening between the two seem very similar.

Please do.

theLorax
18th July 2007, 05:54
7.5" across flat
15.5" around

from a 32x34

small opening but big enough for me to still wear boots

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/hepnotic/Jeans/KMW/kmwwornback.jpg

f4igurl
18th July 2007, 06:12
Very nice! Thanks for the pics!

Zen
18th July 2007, 06:54
Great fit! They fit you way better than they fit me, I love the cut of the rocker, now I just need to find my correct size. Keep posting pics as they age.

theLorax
18th July 2007, 07:21
Thanks guys! I am in love with the fit, and the denim, and the details. definitely a keeper!

tennisINjeans
4th August 2007, 07:38
does anybody have pictures of the KMW's after a few months of wear or even after a wash?
i cant find a picture anywhere
thanks

Deframer
3rd November 2007, 08:02
Thread has been rezzed!

Context is apparently doing a collab with KMW, which should be interesting...

Other than that, I just wanted to check some fit stuff; Is the 1980 cut esentially the same above the knee as the Rocker, only with a slightly higher rise?

bilmaga
3rd November 2007, 08:04
The all black one?

Deframer
3rd November 2007, 11:31
All black as in warp and weft? Or hardware? Actually, I'm not sure why I'm asking, I didn't even know they had a special edition black one hehe :)

I know they've released their 1980 in black, but I think that was something else a while ago...afaik, this is an upcoming collabo, but it could be a rumour.

mattback
13th December 2007, 22:27
i am going to get rockers sometime early next year (christmas money anyone) ill keep ppls updated.

regularRyan
19th January 2008, 03:38
Thought I should post here about the difference between the first season black selvage KMW and the current collaboration between Context and KMW. The first season black selvage was a traditional sulfur black dye with an undyed weft thread, and the production was done in China.

Our current exclusive KMW is warp and weft dyed and produced 100% in Okayama. This fabric is only offered in the 1980 Context collaboration jean.

connorj75
25th January 2008, 22:19
Has anyone broken in a pair of KMWs yet? Any progress pics out there?

Ghost
25th January 2008, 23:00
I'm still rocking my AWAs. Love these badboys!

BeauIXI
3rd February 2008, 13:45
I just tried on the Rocker and the 1980's fit, and DAMN. Holy smokes, these jeans are freakin' insane. I can't even get enough of the rocker fit. I went to the store early on today and tried a bunch on and the Rockers came out on top, even next to Imperials and Julien Reds.. I actually went back to the store at the end of the day just to try them on a second time. Holy, holy, holy.. I need KMWs so bad.

SoulRebel
3rd February 2008, 13:48
I'm still rocking my AWAs. Love these badboys!

please post updates

BeauIXI
5th February 2008, 00:51
Are the Rockers a lot like a Dior 19cm? I haven't looked up the sizing.

Ghost
5th February 2008, 10:03
please post updates

I guess I could. I wore these on my road trip to Chicago and rocked them in Italy as well and they're still tough! While they've softened up quite a bit, no signs of wear. Like Ryan once said, these are like a denim force field!

Drewbee
5th February 2008, 19:51
These jeans are simply amazing...anyone have a 28 Rocker they'd wanna trade for a 29? The 29's are slighty too big.
I saw a pair of Rockers worn for 6 months on sufu, not much contrast but still great looking

spacemanvt
11th February 2008, 21:27
do you guys recommend sizing down in KMWs?
i am a 29 in new standards (they stretched out to 32" or so). 31 in most pants.

I actually tried on some 1980s in 31 and they were comfortable. if they stretched out like a inch that would be fine.

Should i got for a 30 or 31?

BeauIXI
13th February 2008, 02:37
do you guys recommend sizing down in KMWs?
i am a 29 in new standards (they stretched out to 32" or so). 31 in most pants.

I actually tried on some 1980s in 31 and they were comfortable. if they stretched out like a inch that would be fine.

Should i got for a 30 or 31?

They say they only stretch about 0.5-1.0 inch, because the weave is super tight, so you might want to go after a 31.

spacemanvt
13th February 2008, 07:39
thx

heres another one:
is the rocker sort of a thin finn cut? with very tapered legs or more of a NS cut, with a straight leg but tapered opening?

and I suppose the 1980 is a slim jim sorta cut?

BeauIXI
13th February 2008, 07:43
Mm, yeah, well I guess the 1980 is kind of like a Slim Jim cut.

And the Rocker cut, I suppose is thin throughout the leg, if I remember correctly. I want to say maybe Grim Tim, but maybe that would be wrong of me to say.

It's certainly not like the finn. The yoke is more regular, and the pockets aren't as crazy low.

500th post.

Kegs835
13th February 2008, 18:32
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=kicking+mule+workshop&category0=

some kicking mules for 125 bucks ending later today. i doubt there is much demand for them on ebay, so you shouldnt have any problems. if only i wore one of those sizes...

BlueOctoberFan
13th February 2008, 20:25
Wow, that is an awesome deal. Makes me wonder if I should go for it or not. I've lost a lot of weight, so my waist is down to 35...

Ghost
13th February 2008, 21:34
Definitely worth it! Though if I got any more KMW, they would be the Context EXC ones.

BlueOctoberFan
14th February 2008, 02:25
Well, that one's way too slim for me to fit into.

On a side-note, someone just posted an auction for two pairs starting at 29.99. They're obviously fake, since neither has the selvage coin pocket... http://cgi.ebay.com/NWOT-KICKING-MULE-WORKSHOP-Mens-Jeans-34-L-34x34-330_W0QQitemZ130198184725QQihZ003QQcategoryZ11483Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

spacemanvt
15th February 2008, 03:26
i think there may have been an older version with no selvedge pockets.

BlueOctoberFan
15th February 2008, 03:47
Well, I sent them an e-mail to see about which styles they are and they said that they're both the same (2010) which also has me wondering since they appear to be different washes.

kellogs
28th February 2008, 03:13
Are the Rockers a lot like a Dior 19cm? I haven't looked up the sizing.

both have a tapered leg, but the 19cm is quite a bit slimmer everywhere. you're from van? sounds like you went to dutil for the kmw. nice people there, they carried some sugarcane last time i was there for cheap. i guess they didn't sell well, not much love for the repro cuts out here :(

offyatree
11th March 2008, 10:58
what's the difference between (KWC 1950 dry $275) and (KWC 1950 dry MADE IN CHINA $112)? Price is different for sure, but what makes it so different?

BeauIXI
11th March 2008, 11:32
There's a long thread on SuFu about that.

The Japans obviously being of better construction, etc, also better denim and, I believe, nicer dyes.

EDIT: Link. http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showpost.php?p=859958&postcount=293

zer09er
13th March 2008, 02:30
Thought I should post here about the difference between the first season black selvage KMW and the current collaboration between Context and KMW. The first season black selvage was a traditional sulfur black dye with an undyed weft thread, and the production was done in China.

Our current exclusive KMW is warp and weft dyed and produced 100% in Okayama. This fabric is only offered in the 1980 Context collaboration jean.

Can't wait to fit into it Ryan.:lol:
Sam has got me covered into getting one real soon.Called him on the phone today and confirmed the payment details.
I am already beginning to drool on this pair.

Gold Soaked Afternoon
17th March 2008, 22:58
possibly a stupid question....

are the KMW rockers on denimbar the and the KMW Rockers Japan edition on Context the same jeans? Context says the rise in lower on theirs....9.5, as opposed to db's 10.25

thanks

Gold Soaked Afternoon
18th March 2008, 02:54
anyone know? I'd kind of like to know soon.

Alexander
18th March 2008, 03:00
does anyone know how rinsed jeans fade as opposed to raw denim. im about to buy the KMW Rockers.

Gold Soaked Afternoon
8th May 2008, 23:36
anyone like to post any updates on their kmws....love to see some worn in pairs.

theLorax
9th May 2008, 01:19
anyone like to post any updates on their kmws....love to see some worn in pairs.

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/showthread.php?t=23667&page=9

holla

Gold Soaked Afternoon
17th May 2008, 02:20
so on my rockers, the thighs are pretty loose, and I want them cinched back up a bit-- but I dont want to soak em. Would tailoring the seat be a bad idea?

Durden
31st May 2008, 17:29
Okay well get out your calculator and follow this with me.

180 (price shipped)
divided by
275 + shipping from context

then times that by 100

that means that these jeans are 65% of what they were brand new. 35% off not including shipping.

Now your price,

/
275 + shipping
=43% of what they were worth not including shipping.

Now you can probably see why your offer is completely absurd. Your talking about more than 55% off completely brand new jeans :rolleyes:

(I appologise in advance if I messed up any of that math)

i understand your calculations, but it has nothing to do with resale value of a product. demand is more of a factor than anything. the way i see kmw's (except limited editions) are that they are soft and though they can fade, there is not much evidence of great fading. throughout denim forums, i've seen only 3 with decent fading. To our market, the dry denim natural aging enthusiasts, i dont see kmw's as a big contender against other denim brands. i honestly dont even find the retail price to justify them, i would mark them around $200.00 unless he sells them for more than 140.00, i will not concede and my offer stands! (just messing, im broke..)