PDA

View Full Version : thin finns, not so thin guy

hendo999
24th September 2006, 21:09
Hi guys, I was wonder if anyone that is not as skinny as a stick has a pic of them wearing their finns. I am an average size guy 6'1" tall and about 190lbs, I'm not chucky but by no means skinny. I recently bought a pair of RRDS and just love them, now I'm wanting another pair of dry demin and i want a pair of finns, my only concern is i have bigger legs and the ralf were tight as hell when i got them. Im thinking the legs of the finn might be too small. If anyone has a pic they can post I would greatly appreciate it.

colin
24th September 2006, 21:15
why dont you try the slim jims? sounds like they'd be what you're looking for. The thin finns could look a bit awkward.

hendo999
24th September 2006, 22:49
i was thinking slim jims too, but i really dislike the stitching on the outseam.

Bill
24th September 2006, 22:50
you and I are exactly the same body type. I wear a 33 in ralfs and they fit loosely, not baggy, but loose on the waist. My Jims are 33's as well and were pretty tight in the waist and thighs when I got them, but have opened up and fit perfectly.

I had always wondered if the finns would look good on me and I finally got a chance to try them on last week......the second I tried them on I handed the clerk my credit card.

I bought dry comforts, so the stretch is alittle strange to get used to but amazingly comfortable once you adjust. I bought 33's again and they are alittle looser than my jims in the waist and thighs, but are noticible smaller around the ankle. I think you will like them a lot and will you will find them flattering as long as your lower legs are skinny and not overly muscly......

sorry for the longwinded-ness......not at all sober right now

hendo999
24th September 2006, 23:11
thanks for the reply bill, i wear a 34x34 in the ralfs, and would prob buy finns in the same size. I was thinking the dry comfort also. I have a pair of 575 denim in strech and I love them, but they are bootcut. I'm just concerned with the thighs my thighs measure like 24 inchs round. If you could post some pics bill that would be awesome. Thanks

prfraw
25th September 2006, 00:50
take a sharpie (permanent marker) to the stitching. problem solved

Bill
25th September 2006, 01:30
The stretch is especially nice if you plan on wearing the finns low....my jims are tight to the point that if I wear them on my hips it almost restricts the way I walk

M!ch
29th September 2006, 13:50
I was also wondering how it would look if you wear the finns low and not so tight.
I like a more stiff denim so i guess the dry comfort is not my thing plus i like the orange backpocket stitching better.
I would go for the stiffest and thickest denim available on a TF, but there's still some stretch in the regular dry i think.

KillBill
29th September 2006, 14:50
i was thinking slim jims too, but i really dislike the stitching on the outseam.

you could maybey bring'em tot a tailor and get rid of that, would make'em a bit slimmer too :wink:

hendo999
29th September 2006, 23:42
That's a god idea killbill, I never thought of that. Thanks

FOS5
30th September 2006, 03:06
thanks for the reply bill, i wear a 34x34 in the ralfs, and would prob buy finns in the same size.

Unfortunately, I think 33 is the biggest waist size for the Thin Finn.

hendo999
30th September 2006, 10:11
revolveclothing.com has 36's.

AsherC
2nd October 2006, 01:10
im very tempted buy kitcheners dry black finns for a good price , but i dont know if i'll fit in them, does anyone know of the measurements of areas like the thighs and calves for sizes 28-30. ive looked at the size chart on fos5 but the only give one leg opening size so i dont know which area that is

FOS5
2nd October 2006, 01:53
revolveclothing.com has 36's.

My mistake, I was thinking of the Tight Long John. Thanks for correcting me.

hendo999
2nd October 2006, 01:57
I wish I could find 34x34's, I can find 33x34 and 36x34.