PDA

View Full Version : Waxed Dry Finns?

tmadd
6th September 2006, 11:07
Is the picture thats on the fos5.com site when there isn't the attention note covering contain a guy wearing the waxed black finns....they almost look like leathers....second from the right I think...its also on the nudie page and is definitely not just a dry black or black black....anyone know or have pics of the new finn.

Tyler

Cyriel
6th September 2006, 11:40
As mentioned before (i thought) FOS5 will sell them. There's allready a topic about this one...

Sarlo: lock it! haha!!

FOS5
6th September 2006, 16:37
Yes, they are the wax coated ones. We will definitely sell them but won't get them until next season. Our last day in Sweden I saw a guy wearing them on the street......soooooooo coooooool.......then I realized he was one of the Nudie employees.....so they are not out on the market yet. Gotta be patient and wait!

:D

NudieKING
6th October 2006, 23:08
they do look cool. but are they much heavier than the regular dry thinns. i hope they are!!

parrottartebay
7th October 2006, 02:19
I have this aquaseal wax that I've been using on my jeans. It's a natural wax that is made for preserving leather. It gives the jeans a nice sheen and texture though...and probably protects them from water a bit! Anyway...they look a little like the waxed finns after treating...but not quite nearly as shiny.

prfraw
7th October 2006, 04:15
wow - i thought those were the SJblack blacks in the photo. good to know.

colin
7th October 2006, 07:59
haha I thought they were just reallly greasy black/black

chadler
8th October 2006, 05:03
I have this aquaseal wax that I've been using on my jeans. It's a natural wax that is made for preserving leather. It gives the jeans a nice sheen and texture though...and probably protects them from water a bit! Anyway...they look a little like the waxed finns after treating...but not quite nearly as shiny.

this is so...FREAKEN COOL!

how do you apply it? does it solidify on the jeans? does it wash out?

Cyriel
9th October 2006, 14:54

GREAT!!! I want to see pics of that!

Question: will covering you entire jeans with Vaseline be cool? Offcourse not for my BB, but I have some other pairs that I never wear...

parrottartebay
9th October 2006, 14:58

GREAT!!! I want to see pics of that!

Question: will covering you entire jeans with Vaseline be cool? Offcourse not for my BB, but I have some other pairs that I never wear...

that would smell terrible.

Cyriel
9th October 2006, 15:33
Hmmm... you might be right. Didn't think of that....

Plus... Everywhere I sat, I leave big spots... brrr... Stupid idea! Sorry! :lol:

Matthias1977
9th October 2006, 15:41
Plus... Everywhere I sat, I leave big spots... brrr... Stupid idea! Sorry! :lol:

Don't mind, people would think you were sweating a lot. :wink:

parrottartebay
9th October 2006, 17:20
Hmmm... you might be right. Didn't think of that....

oh..I wasn't trying to be a jerk I just didn't think you were serious. :lol:
but the aquaseal stuff doesn't smell like a medicine cabinet. :wink:

parrottartebay
9th October 2006, 18:35

this is so...FREAKEN COOL!

how do you apply it? does it solidify on the jeans? does it wash out?

You rub it in with your fingers just like you do when applying it to leather. It has little to no smell and it gives your jeans a sort of shiny surface. Think of how your jeans look after months of wearing...shiny and a little heavy.

It basically acheives this texture and weight without the smell of dirt worked into your jeans. Also..it makes your jeans a little more pliable which helps the crinkles fit your body quicker. This happens with a lot of wear anyway..but the wax speeds it up a bit.

You can get it at most outdoors shops...places that sell leather goods/boots/etc.

chadler
10th October 2006, 06:52
^^ INTERESTING.

does it rub off easily? i'm guessing not easily but within a few days of wearing them.

also, does it really look like how the waxed nudies look or just a LITTLE? i've never seen the nudies, but i've seen the black wax diors and they're outrageous!

johhny5
17th October 2006, 08:49
they are stunning!!!!!!!!!!

parrottartebay
17th October 2006, 20:02
^^ INTERESTING.

does it rub off easily? i'm guessing not easily but within a few days of wearing them.

also, does it really look like how the waxed nudies look or just a LITTLE? i've never seen the nudies, but i've seen the black wax diors and they're outrageous!

only a little. The waxed Finns look much more like shiny leather than using the wax on your jeans. Also the look goes away after soaking my jeans. It's more of a way to give them a nice raw looking sheen when needed. Gives them that nice "slubby" feel. I recommend it mainly for accelerating the shine and pliablility of a new pair of raw jeans. And if you aren't planning on washing for months...it will give a good look and feel to raw denim while you break em in.

Gives a great texture but it's not permanent like the Finns...whatever the process is to acheive the look that Nudie has made.