PDA

View Full Version : Dry Comfort!

colin
18th August 2006, 17:47
Just saw these over at zoovillage:
http://se.zoovillage.com/store/productdetail.asp?DisplayItemID=21573&ListType=4&CategoryID=2&BrandID=131&Fetch=60&Position=44

I really like the back pockets (w/out the contrast stitching). I wonder how the denim differs from the regular thin finn dry stretch. They look cool..

edit:
link fixed

Awarp
21st August 2006, 09:46
I saw these. The cut is different from normal finns (the yoke seems about two inches higher). The denim is also greyish, with a lot of the weft showing through. I would definitely try them on before you buy them. I agree with you about the indigo stitching, I think it's the first time Nudie has done that with a dry pair. It looks great in person. My friend is getting them from a local shop in a couple weeks.

Epilogue
21st August 2006, 10:22
Hehe, I guess the Nudie peoeple take sometimes a look in here, because some of our members removed the back pocket stichings earlier, hehe. They seem to be inspired.

kdtf
22nd August 2006, 12:18
does anyone know if the dry comfort denim is more stretchy or less stretchy than the dry stretch.

armardo
22nd August 2006, 12:24
Hehe, I guess the Nudie peoeple take sometimes a look in here, because some of our members removed the back pocket stichings earlier, hehe. They seem to inspired.

i reckon itd be a good thing as once it isnt washed or whatever u wont be able to see it but when u start washin it regularly the stitchin will come up

does anyone know if the dry comfort denim is more stretchy or less stretchy than the dry stretch.

the dry comfort is alot stretchier and a thinner denim, i went 3 sizes down from my usual when i got my long johns, and they still feel like i need to go down another size haha but i kno thatd jus be wrong

M!ch
24th August 2006, 13:32
I bet the indigo stitching would look great on the back of a Conny!

toszie
24th August 2006, 14:03
Hehe, I guess the Nudie peoeple take sometimes a look in here, because some of our members removed the back pocket stichings earlier, hehe. They seem to be inspired.

They do, they told me when I asked for my repairing denim nd thread.

colin
29th August 2006, 03:48
do you know if the denim is thicker? or still 11oz like the regular dry stretch

Vinyljunkie
29th August 2006, 03:58
Im waiting for a 12.5oz or even more heavier Thin Finn Denim:?

eschatovore
1st September 2006, 08:38
Revolve now has what appears to be Dry Comfort (even though it's labeled Dry):

http://revolveclothing.com/productpages/NUDI-MJ11.jsp

The fit is sexy, I think it's exactly how Thin Finn was meant to be worn. I'm not so sure about the actual denim, though... it has really high-contrast crosshatching. It might grow on me, because that fit is so perfect. (except the butt, but probably just because the model has no butt :P )

Vinyljunkie
1st September 2006, 09:07
This really one of the most beautiful denim and styles of Nudie, reminds me on ss dry flame, but much better :D

chucklebean
1st September 2006, 11:14
I saw these. The cut is different from normal finns (the yoke seems about two inches higher). The denim is also greyish, with a lot of the weft showing through. I would definitely try them on before you buy them. I agree with you about the indigo stitching, I think it's the first time Nudie has done that with a dry pair. It looks great in person. My friend is getting them from a local shop in a couple weeks.

Which local shop? I'm from Seattle and it's good to hear somewhere close will be stocking TFs :)

AsherC
1st September 2006, 12:42
the comfort seem to have the same amount of elastine as the dry stretch so i think the only differnce is the look of the denim

Bill
15th September 2006, 02:15
I'm loving my comfort finns so far. Have had them for a week or so and worn them every day. I find them so much more comfortable than my sj's because I can wear them low/long crotched without feeling like I'm going to wear through the crotch in three weeks!

I'm interested to see how they fade....a week in and I'm still ending each day with blue hands! Curious.....

-B

colin
15th September 2006, 05:31
quick questions

where did you get them, and for how much?

how heavy is the denim? 11.5 oz like the other thin finns?

Bill
15th September 2006, 05:34
I got them at Traffic in Los Angeles for $185. The denim is thin, probably around an 11oz, but I have never handled the other dry finns, so I can't officially compare!

-B

Awarp
15th September 2006, 08:49

Which local shop? I'm from Seattle and it's good to hear somewhere close will be stocking TFs :)

Kuhlman on 1st and....Blanchard? Something like that. Riveted on 1st has some Nudies too. I think I saw TF.

thebigcomedown
27th November 2006, 08:53
Yeah I just bought the last pair at Traffic in LA a few days ago and so far I love them. They are really comfortable and the fit is great.

julianREE
2nd January 2007, 21:23
I think i have these nudies but not too sure. the stitching on the back is the same and it's the dry thin finn, but not sure if its dry comfort.

other than that i love the fit and they're really comfortable. I've been wearing em for about four months now, and they're starting to smell a little (but that might be because i sat in an airplane with em...).

I bought them over at Rolo in San Francisco, but wouldn't recommend going there. they have really bad service and they're really snotty and elitist.

bilmaga
3rd January 2007, 06:11
If it has indigo stitching, you have the dry comfort.

julianREE
4th January 2007, 20:30

yeah on the back right?

boob
5th January 2007, 00:36
i have ssk dry comfort and oh my god, ive had them for about 4-5 months and theres not much fading going on at all.
anyone who has good fadings on dry comforts?

bilmaga
5th January 2007, 04:32

yeah on the back right?

The wave on the back pockets

julianREE
6th January 2007, 03:01
yeah alright i have the dry comfort then.

and regarding boob's post, yeah my thin finn dry comforts haven't faded too much also and i've worn it for 4 months already, so you're not alone.