PDA

View Full Version : fake advertising ??

jive express
7th August 2006, 09:14
does anyone have a pair of dry nudies that is at least 5 years old or close to it ? bcos i think its almost fake advertising ..

the new gallery on the nudiejeans.com website is awesome without a doubt .. but looking around the 'photos' section here i have not seen any that come even close to the crazy fadings, wear, and tear of the jeans on
http://nudiejeans.com/campaign/gallery/
by the way . my personal favourite is their item#2 (the 2nd 5 year old ralf from the left) very comfy looking jeans . anyone else hav a favourite ? its also weird that out of all the cuts they only advertise 3 : jim ralf and glen especially ralf , im feeling he's getting overrated
even the 1 year old jim in their gallery is extremely contrast .. or is it just their special editing and lighting effects ? can someone prove me wrong ? i really want to see 'real' raw unedited pics by normal people with normal cameras :O)

sarlo
7th August 2006, 09:57
when you zoomin you see the actual fading.. so i think they have used some lightning to make the creases and fading extra sharp ;)

mynudies
7th August 2006, 09:59
its also weird that out of all the cuts they only advertise 3 : jim ralf and glen especially ralf , im feeling he's getting overrated

Those were the first cuts by Nudie. Ralf is/was the flagship style.

mynudies
7th August 2006, 10:01
Well, I know for a fact that the employees at Nudie wear their jeans to work and at home every day and night for extremely long periods of time. They live Nudie and therefore I think the fading is true.

M!ch
7th August 2006, 10:18
I don't think Nudie will cheat with the jeans in the gallery...
They got too much too loose to do that, it is a real rock'n'roll brand and i do believe the jeans are 'real' in the gallery.
The pix are a bit smooth i must admit, would have liked to see more raw pix! :P

Cyriel
7th August 2006, 11:17
I like the pics this smooth. It really shows the jeans, without special effects of cameras or photoshop. You can see the garment on this pics better than on the ones posted here :)

sarlo
7th August 2006, 11:34
I like the pics this smooth. It really shows the jeans, without special effects of cameras or photoshop. You can see the garment on this pics better than on the ones posted here :)
probably due the fact they used prof material to make those pics and we use cellphones and normal camera's which consumers use ;)

KillBill
7th August 2006, 15:34
imo jeans look the best worn with flesh :wink:

nudie could have avoided threads like this and just shoot photo's while people wearing them, offcourse than you can also ajust the colours and stuff but it looks more real i think.

i think there's nothing regular about ralf and therefore he just cannot be overated just mho :wink:

HEWSINATOR
7th August 2006, 20:49
Am I the only one who can not figure out how to use this, and actually view things other than the small rotating jeans. I click on them but nothing happens. Where do you view how old they are, etc...?

M!ch
7th August 2006, 21:33
Am I the only one who can not figure out how to use this, and actually view things other than the small rotating jeans. I click on them but nothing happens. Where do you view how old they are, etc...?

If i click on one of the small rotating jeans in the gallery, it says loading with % in the right bottom corner of the screen and when it's at 100% the jeans are shown big with a short story and the abilaty to view some details...
That's about it, don't know why it wouldn't work...

ranzhic
7th August 2006, 22:31
Turn off your firewall too, if you have any.

RomeoVsJuliet
16th September 2006, 03:33
A friend of mine is in a band where his guitarist went into a shop in europe and bought his nudie jeans off of him. $300 and 2 free pairs of nudies just so they could display the jeans so people could see what they will look like

Now people are washing their jeans after 6 months. Who knows.

Those photo's are not authentic they are touched. In my opinion at least that's not a fact. But there's alot of contrast UNTIL you zoom in.

Based on the patter and the way the clothing is somebody is earing those jeans as the picture is taken because we've all seen jeans laying flat.

It's just post processed out. Very simple task to do. They did a great job but unless you zoom in. you dont really get the full effect.

I've got some gorgeous fading on my jeans and i've only had them for 2 months. Beautiful fading. If I had them and the cat didnt piss on them I could show you a picture haha.

But they're off to be dry cleaned and in the meantime i'm buying ssk dry blacks.

Editing done to the pictures in my opinion yes. When zoomed in, no.

cameland
16th September 2006, 04:48
well to me it seems a tad fake compared to the pics we have on this website. but with that in mind u dont see very many ones that are that OLD. so ill keep an open mind about it.