PDA

View Full Version : J?nk?ping, anyone?

colin
26th June 2006, 23:23
Hello, non-nudie related question here.

I want to study abroad this upcoming year. I am pretty sure I want to go to Arnhem business school in the Netherlands, however I recently discovered another program (which has a few more classes) that is located in J?nk?ping, Sweden.

Does anyone know anything about this city? Or more importantly J?nk?ping University? Also, any decent shopping around there? 8) Any information or help would be appreciated.

Of course comments and information regarding Arnhem are welcome as well.

lenn
26th June 2006, 23:39
why would you want to come to arnhem

my gf lives there, so i'm there pretty often... and only 2 stores there sell nudies :wink:

colin
27th June 2006, 00:12
haha what do you mean why would you want to come to arnhem? my school offers and exchange program to go there.. so that is why. I am not looking specifically to study in a town with 5+ nudie shops :)

I come from a town of 20,000 people so I think arnhem (140,000?) would be a bit nicer?..

Vinyljunkie
27th June 2006, 01:09
Agnetha F?lskog was born in J?nk?ping :D you know, the blond of ABBA

Tob
27th June 2006, 02:47
arnhem can be a pretty cool place, its just really small in regards to, i dont know, cultural stuff and intresting happenings. I know that there is a pretty big fashion scene because of the academy (which i believe is pretty renown, victor&rolf might ring a bell)

But the netherlands are small and you can get to amsterdam or anywhere else in little more then an hour from arnhem, so you dont neccesarily need to feel bound to the city or region (like i imagine would be the case in the states). This is really a cool thing that i love about my country (germans for exmaple have less of this freedom) , especially since i can travel by train for free with my student card.
I dont know anything from the business school in arnhem btw, so cant help you there.
Anyway for me as a dutchman the sweden option sounds a lot more intresting, and if serious study plays a role then jonkoping might be the best choice.
good luck !

KillBill
27th June 2006, 11:11
But the netherlands are small and you can get to amsterdam or anywhere else in little more then an hour from arnhem,

and at what time would that be possible, sunday morning at 03:00 AM :lol:

manis
27th June 2006, 13:58
Arnhem is pretty close to the german Ruhrgebiet (100 km) which is an important metropolitan area of Germany (i think the biggest) with at least 10 million inhabitants. There's enough to do there. As mentioned before Arnhem is close to anything else in The Netherlands, as it is a small country. It's less than 500 km from London, only ~500 km from Paris, less than 600 km from Berlin.

And J?nk?ping, well.. it's basically in the middle of nowhere... If you're also interested in seeing Europe a bit, Arnhem is your best bet...

Good luck with your decision.

Cheers,

manis

Cyriel
27th June 2006, 14:08
Arnhem is my hometown, but hey colin, we allready had contact about it ej!?

Arnhem is closer to the rest of the world that J?nk???ping or something like that :D

colin
27th June 2006, 15:00
ah thanks guys, these are the things I need to here :)

I figured arnhem would be nice as it's close to so many countries. Is it expensive to visit them by train? How about the city of Arnhem itself, it must be ok?

I was just drawn to Sweden since it's the home of so many great swedish denim designers.. but I suppose I could take a trip there.

yes cyriel, I've spoken to you and appreciate your help- but yeah I'm still interested! I may have asked you this before but, do you know anything about the business school there?

KillBill
27th June 2006, 15:15
I figured arnhem would be nice as it's close to so many countries. Is it expensive to visit them by train? How about the city of Arnhem itself, it must be ok?

i'm not from arnhem myself, been there a few times tough and i like it a lot.
There's indeed a lot to do and your close to practicaly everything. let me put it this way if i had to move to a major city my choice would be arnhem.

my former post was just a practical joke about dutch traffic, it sometimes is like living hell, but you're traveling by train so that wont hurt you that much :wink:

Cyriel
27th June 2006, 16:52
I don't know much about the bussiness school... I know something about the Academy of Art... But that's not your deal I guess:-)

Arnhem is coooool!!! We can hook up if your here!

colin
27th June 2006, 17:23
haha sounds good, i'll be sure to let you know. It would be this upcoming year, second semester. I believe it runs January - June (maybe July sometime).

horriblyjollyjinx
27th June 2006, 19:49
J?nk?ping is pretty small, around 50-60k people live there. Shopping won't be that great and the university(I don't think it's actually a university in the Swedish meaning of the word, it's a h?gskola) isn't wellknown and I don't think it's all that good. Choose a good school!