PDA

View Full Version : The end of fashion

Matthias1977
27th May 2006, 14:11
What do you think? I have the impression that fashion comes to an end. That is, people start to wear so different stuff that you can no longer say what you'd have to wear if you wanted to be up-to-date.

This is perhaps what Nudie is so utterly state-of-the-art. You find all kind of styles, baggy and skintight as well as anything in between. No one feels obliged to wear baggy or skintight jeans either, you just choose what you like best.

I think this is very different from the 80s or the 90s.

Epilogue
27th May 2006, 14:14
It would be great if it was dead, but unfortunately not.

And Nudie is to the 80s right now, look at the thin finn and long john.

dave023
27th May 2006, 14:19
80's style , not my kind of style

Epilogue
27th May 2006, 14:24
neither my.

Tabris
27th May 2006, 14:36
When I think of the 80s, I think about bright multi colour tracksuits and mullets.

Matthias1977
27th May 2006, 14:50
But this not the entire truth, it's not only the 80s beacuse Nudie adds a lot of 90s features to their jeans.

And the point is: lots of people do not like the 80s style and would never return to it. And this is what I say: a few people will like it, but you will feel free to wear 80s style and still wear up-to-day clothes. And others won't wear 80s stuff and still think they're up-to-date. And both are right.

jon-jac
27th May 2006, 17:17
fashion designers get concepts and inspiration from the past. Its part of the whole design process. The designers do their research, they pick out what they like and what inspires them. Then play with it until they come up with something they like......Fashion will be forever be around. Fashion is dictated by culture and society, and thats why it will always be in our world.

sjdb
27th May 2006, 17:20
when nudie r makeing jeans, do they really care about 80s or 90s' styles? I doubt so. Nudie offer very wide range of cuts from BB to SSK.

fashion never come to the end. look at the ebay, still many ppl pay 400 dollars for a pair of dior, even they barely fit into those tight jeans. (no offence..)

I like nudie jeans. Its bcs i like denim and jeans, nothing to do with fashion.

dave023
27th May 2006, 17:24
therefor dry denim is so cool, it might be trendy for the moment, but it has always been around....the most of us just forgot about it for a while( I did anyway )and the other good thing about it, is that after usage you do not have 2 pants that look exactly the same....so, in a way we're all very cool designers :P

batman
27th May 2006, 19:56
I liked the 80s. The 80s was a happy good time. A positive decade compared to the 90s. I'm talking about music, fashion, politics, business......the 80s was good! :D Then came the depressing 90s..... :(

Epilogue
27th May 2006, 23:49
when nudie r makeing jeans, do they really care about 80s or 90s' styles? I doubt so.

Of course they do!!!! That's the trend at the moment (making slim jeans in carrots style), so Nudies jumping on he wagon. There can't be any doubts.

granpalang
28th May 2006, 01:45
dont be so worry the thing i think is fashion is like a treadmill and this treadmill keep moving and you have to follow it. My opinion is find a style for yourself and stick to it because style can never be out of date depend on how you wear it. Fashion is stink, stick with style

herfblack
28th May 2006, 08:15
What a fu#&$ is fashion?

In the 90s the world was changing, the fashion, the art, the music, all

the streetwear in this time made a revolution. the people bought jeans in others sizes, they cut the jeans and different process

this did which the biger brands looks outside and change the tendency

the people made the tendency and now the brands looks the people

everybody create the fashion

Bobbejaan
28th May 2006, 13:15
fasion is cool...its individuality

but i hate trends. If some dude wears a Von dutch cap. the next week everybody thinks he or she's so cool wears it too..

And i also hate big logo Shirts.. EVISU, PRADA, D&G "look@me im wearing a BRAND" kind of shirts

Jake
28th May 2006, 13:18
I think the same way like bobbejaan;-)

dave023
28th May 2006, 13:24
me too? i even don't like those big nudie belts....it's like if you were a walking advertising board...

Matthias1977
28th May 2006, 16:52
All you say just supports my argument.

And by the way, did you know that taste is so diversified that you hit into the charts with only 500 CDs sold? It's not only because people no longer buy music, which is not true, but because they buy so different CDs. And Nike and Adidas start to offer shoes (extremely expensive) which you can partly design yourself. This is also what I mean.

manis
28th May 2006, 18:13

And i also hate big logo Shirts.. EVISU, PRADA, D&G "look@me im wearing a BRAND" kind of shirts

Like the nudie gulls are screaming "this is A NUDIE, FOLKS!!!" ?

;)

Matthias1977
7th June 2006, 11:30
Take a look at the thread "What makes Nudies different". http://www.mynudies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1604

The actual question was, I suppose: what makes Nudie different from other brands? However, people talk about wearing jeans for more than six months without washing. Why don't they wash them? They want to "personalize" them.

And even if you prefer to wash your jeans (at least, so do I :twisted: ), the point is that most of us want personalized clothes. And this is quite different from what fashion used to prescribe.

nudeandlewd
7th June 2006, 12:48
I agree and disagree! Let me explain...

Its pretty obvious that Nudie, like other brands, are to a certain extent following fashion trends - hence the SJ, TF, etc. and the dropping of FG (I loved those jeans, hope they come back soon).

But in society as a whole - through music, film, tv, fashion - there is so much more choice now that the trends are kinda watered down. There seems to be nothing 'new' so we plunder the past but we mix it all up.

I reckon in years to come we'll look back at this time as a revolution of the individual.

nud funter
21st July 2006, 06:25

but i hate trends. If some dude wears a Von dutch cap. the next week everybody thinks he or she's so cool wears it too..

I totally agree, it's all abut individuality for me. I like to look a bit different. Luckily in Australia there are several really good designers who make very limited pieces therefore you can almost guarantee that you won't see another person wearing your favourite tee or hoodie. I like Nudie because they are difficult to get where I live. I am still yet to see another guy wearing Nudie's here. I have only seen girls wearing Kim's in the shop that sells Nudie's.

M!ch
17th October 2006, 20:24
I don't suppose fashion will ever end, the choice to have a more personal look will just be made easier in future.
What i do notice is that at this point in time people less feel the need to dress like 'all the others do' , which you can see more clear in the fact that an actual trend in baggy or tight jeans does'nt really exist anymore.
btw. I would not say that wearing Nudies just because they are hard to get in your country or area is a sign of great individuality, you should wear them because you love the feel and fit of them and take the fact that you may be the only one around wearing them as a nice bonus. :wink:

PeterFrampton
12th February 2007, 16:57
I don't know. At my school, hordes of young skater kids wear the thinn finns. When I asked one of them "why'd you get the finns" he said acted as if nudie didnt even have other fits to offer. He was a huge tool.

Eric
12th February 2007, 17:21
PF strikes again :)

Tyler Lefebvre
12th February 2007, 17:47
Its awfully ironic to discuss wanting fashion to be over in a forum about jeans.

PeterFrampton
12th February 2007, 17:48
holy shit. I really need to start looking at post dates :roll:

Eric
12th February 2007, 17:49
nah man, didn't you know? nudie is anti-fashion.

sarcasm

Nudie-joch.
12th February 2007, 21:32
the end of fashion?

one word..NEVER!

there will always be new things, or the old things will come back :wink:

mjg
14th February 2007, 04:53
clem snide sung about the end of fashion. but i think that a company that limits its styles will not work in the long term, as there are so many different tastes nowadays, that variety is key.

chchchip
14th February 2007, 05:16
all i have to say is that fashion repeats itself........

Tiro
14th February 2007, 12:06
and you figured that out all on your own? :lol:

SiT
14th February 2007, 15:03
haha what a smart guy...
just be original thats all i have to say

Tiro
14th February 2007, 19:26
face it, you will never really be original unless you buy clothing that is made in 1 piece only or you make your own clothing...

originality is an illusion, just like democracy

SiT
14th February 2007, 20:36
no thats maybe true.. i just think of it as always being difrent from other people being inovated

billysidol
15th February 2007, 10:54
5% of people are trend setters the other 95% are followers. Fashion is simply expression through clothing, people will always want to express different things. Fashion will never end as long as humans have a desire to express themselves through creative outlets

Lou2006
15th February 2007, 11:34
fashion, effectively, will exist while people wear clothes. as for a new fashion, isnt it sposed to be a mash-up these days? borrow from this and that to suit your own style. a really new swing in fashion though, may be harder to come by now.

sunpup
15th February 2007, 17:49
Fashion is an expression of individuality in most of us here on this forum. Many of us--myself included--are not artistic enough to design our own threads, so we have to look around and see what we like to make our own individual statement. Fortunately we now have the internet, so fashion is not so limited to geographic location as in the past. I know that I discovered Nudies on the internet--I suppose many of us not living in Europe or big fashion centres did as well.
The fact that Nudies offers jeans from very tight to loose should make it easier for each of us to pick the sort of Nudie style we like. It does seem, however, that the company is moving toward tighter fitting jeans. Maybe this reflects the fashion and market trends or maybe it goes back to the rock and roll roots of fashionable jeans.
I'm just glad we have so much to select from--both in shops at home and on the internet.

Nudie-joch.
15th February 2007, 18:03
I create&make my own clothes, buy clothes and then edit them..

if you really want to create your own style, have a look in the vintage-stores, or just make your own clothes!

rockstar.ed
15th February 2007, 20:16
i think u have the word fashion confused with trends. fashion is individuality.

Anarise
12th May 2007, 10:18
Luckily in Australia there are several really good designers who make very limited pieces therefore you can almost guarantee that you won't see another person wearing your favourite tee or hoodie.

Where do you find these? I got sick of buying clothes from GP and seeing 50 people wearing the same thing as me, so I started ordering clothes in from overseas, which is frustrating because it takes ages and you can never be 100% on size, as well as going to places that import speciality clothes, which is invariably overpriced ($650 for a hoodie, wtf?).

Anyway, fashion isn't dead and will never die because fashion is an artform and possibly the most relevant artform (besides music). The way you look is the first impression people have of you when they see you and no matter how much some people try to avoid it, your clothes always say a lot about who you are. Clothes are something you wear all day every day (well, nearly all day :twisted: ) and so people will always follow trends in how this looks and it will always be an important part of everyones' lives.

Legoland
12th May 2007, 11:39
I can't wait til fashion dies and we all wear the same jumpsuits.

f4igurl
12th May 2007, 16:46

:lol: :lol: :lol:

But they have to be dry denim jumpsuits!!!

Sarge
12th May 2007, 20:49

But they have to be dry denim jumpsuits!!!

:lol:

f4igurl
13th May 2007, 00:31
http://www.fabfour.co.jp/netshop/babe/showcase/BH019.html

bilmaga
13th May 2007, 00:33
Thats it. Screw my work jeans under my coveralls. I will buy the real thing.

But I somehow doubt that my customers will take me seriously with that outfit :lol:

f4igurl
13th May 2007, 00:38
:lol:

Maybe! But wasn't it Sam at Context who posted up those pics of an ALD Royal being thrashed in a steel mill or something? Quite impressive for longevity...

I was thinking that once my SSDS reach the point of "no return" for wearing in public, I might just devote another year to them for yard work, fixing the motorcycle, etc, etc, before washing...

bilmaga
13th May 2007, 00:43
Thats a good idea.

The steelmill ALD's were sweet. But I work in stinky oils and grease. Bad idea :lol:

f4igurl
13th May 2007, 00:56
Hmmmm... Good point! :lol:

What ever happened to that guy who posted a pic of one month old Nudies that already looked ready to keel over?? :shock:

That would be an interesting update!

bilmaga
13th May 2007, 01:20
I think his name was paintedlevis or something like that.

Lou2006
13th May 2007, 04:06
isn't there a band called end of fashion? man, those guys are, well, shit!

bilmaga
13th May 2007, 04:08
I like your new "location" Lou :lol:

I didn't know he was hiding in New Zeland :shock:

drydenimbabeeh
13th May 2007, 04:29
New Zeland?
That's a far way from home :o :P

Lou2006
13th May 2007, 13:42
billy you've blown my cover! a jihad on you!! :lol:

bilmaga