PDA

View Full Version : Thinn Finn help - Nearly 2 months and already looking like 6.

DaxDesign
16th January 2012, 19:23
Hi,
I am new here and I needed to ask you guys a question.
I bought my self a pair of Thin Finn's Liquid Indigo and it's been nearly 2 months of using them and they already look like they've been used like 5-6 months.
Should I wash them now? I don't think I can make it till month 8. They're pretty dirty already, they've been through much like mud tracks, running, construction.. What not.
Here are some pictures:
**Edit: I forgot to mention:
The pictures aren't really detailed, but they're pretty faded already, the bottom part of the legs are full of mud and the back pockets are faded. Not to speak about the front pockets where I keep my pocket knife, keys, cellphone etc.. They have rips and scrathes all over.

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/7901/jeans1x.jpg
P.s: What do you think of how they look after a month and a half?
THANK YOU!

nachobarro
16th January 2012, 19:26
mmm, the dont look like 6 months, mate...

DaxDesign
16th January 2012, 19:27
I forgot to mention:
The pictures aren't really detailed, but they're pretty faded already, the bottom part of the legs are full of mud and the back pockets are faded. Not to speak about the front pockets where I keep my pocket knife, keys, cellphone etc.. They have rips and scrathes all over.

beautiful_FrEaK
16th January 2012, 19:34
from those pics (although you say they aren't good) they look like 2 months. plain and simple.
if you wanna wash, do it

DaxDesign
16th January 2012, 19:39
Maybe I'm over-reacting then since you're the 2nd to say it.
How did you guys manage to stay 8 months? I mean, 2 months and I'm already starting to break.
If I wash them next month at 60C, will I be able to get good contrast, some fades and satisfying results or should I really wait for another 6 months?
Thank you both!

Didz
16th January 2012, 19:47
In sorry to say but You need to wear your jeans at least 4 months more. I wear my jeans for at 10 months before i wash them. Keep rockin them. And i just got to say that they do not look like a 6months Old pair of denim! Be patient!

Mistral
16th January 2012, 19:54
Dude, they look brand new... Nothing even close to 6 months of everyday wear.

fairylicks
16th January 2012, 21:08
Just forget about the wash machine. We can´t tell you how long you still´ve got to wear your pants. It differs from person to person. If you really want high contrast fades, keep them away from fcukin water as long as you can!!!

Max Power
17th January 2012, 06:53
Never trust any rules. You should wash your jeans when they reek or are dirty, not after some time. And, I repeat it like a broken record, washing will not do a magic trick and produce fades, but only exaggerate what is already in the jeans. And these jeans above look pretty brand new to me, nothing will show up after washing.

Kamikaz
17th January 2012, 09:13
They look like 2 months or less.

If the mud doesn't want to go away by itself, try a soak in bath tube with just warm water, maybe?

DirtyDenim
6th March 2012, 17:58
Hi guys I just bought my 1st pair of Nudies Grim Tims Dry orange selvage's (1 week of wear). The 1st pair i bought was a 32x34 which i could barely button the fly and looked terrible in my eyes. I returned them and got 33x34's which surprisingly was a bigger difference than a normal case of sizing up 1. I normally wear 33inch waist in most of my other jeans like my Diesel Safado's. I went with the smaller size because i have read so many people saying size down...I guess my question is what size should i get in the thin finns? I love the low yoke look as i like to wear my jeans low. My legs are a tad on the thick side and i am worried i wont be able to pull them off. PLEASE HELP!!!

Kamikaz
6th March 2012, 18:47
If you are satisfied by the 33 Nudie you should take same size for the TF.

I do own a safado.
Diesel is "vanity sized" exacly like Nudie, so your safado was probably already sized down in the first place, hence the problem you got by sizing down one more.

TF is stretch denim so you won't have problem with it: if you size down too much it will look girly but you'll still be able to wear it.

DirtyDenim
7th March 2012, 00:56
If you are satisfied by the 33 Nudie you should take same size for the TF.

I do own a safado.
Diesel is "vanity sized" exacly like Nudie, so your safado was probably already sized down in the first place, hence the problem you got by sizing down one more.

TF is stretch denim so you won't have problem with it: if you size down too much it will look girly but you'll still be able to wear it.

Thanks for the response.. Safado's were just about the only jeans I have bought in the last 2 years..I fell out of love with them as i started to gravitate towards wanting a slimmer leg opening. To be honest i bought the Grim Tims because I got trigger shy on getting the thin finns because i was scared they wouldnt fit my legs. I noticed the thin finns have a bigger waist than the grims as well as the rise being longer. Nudies are strange

AzstroBoii
7th March 2012, 14:29
My TFODEE are a bit on the baggy side... I ordered them the same as my current TFDS but they are a bit baggier... what should i do? it's turning me off from wearing them because i know wearing them will loosen them even more... Please help...

vith
8th March 2012, 16:57
Have you ever seen a pair of jeans 6 months or older without wash?

budtz
30th July 2012, 15:23
Don't wash yet - be a trooper and rock the living daylights out of your Nudies - they deserve it :) Hang in there mate !

Dogma
1st August 2012, 18:32
what 6 months? this is far cry from 6months..
dont wash it dude, wear em til it smells like ur ass...