PDA

View Full Version : How did you 'get into' denim?

Cold Summer
30th November 2011, 02:20
How did you become interested in denim? The things we talk about on this forum - like raw denim, natural leather, and Japanese repro brands - aren't exactly common knowledge, at least not where I come from in the southern US. Was Nudie your denim gateway brand? Did you discover it online? Did a friend introduce you? Or do you have a more interesting story to tell?

When I was an exchange student in Japan in 2009, I had Australian friends who wore Nudie jeans and introduced me to the brand. Up until then, I had pretty much only been wearing crappy Levi's skinny jeans that stretched out like crazy, and bought all my clothes at Urban Outfitters. I was never happy with the jeans I found, but all I knew outside of Levi's were all the awful mall brands like True Religion, and they didn't make slim cuts I could wear, anyway. I researched online and found out more about Nudie and discovered this forum, and the rest is history. From there I learned about all the good Japanese stuff. I wish I had known about all of this years earlier - if only I could send back a message in 2007 and tell myself to buy Flat Heads or something!

On a sorta-related note, why is denim so popular in far-flung places like Indonesia, Singapore, and Thailand? Japan, with their deeply-entrenched affection for American culture, makes sense, plus a lot of the good stuff originates here. But why is it that virtually nobody in the US has ever heard of Nudie or the good Japanese brands, but Nudie and raw denim is totally normal in southeast Asia? Is there some magazine or movie that started the whole thing in those places?

Kmart.
30th November 2011, 04:52
Great idea, I think everyone got into denim in a different way. For me, back in 2009, I wanted some slim (almost tight) bootcut jeans. At that time, because I only knew of brands like American Eagle and Levi's, I was under the impression that it was impossible to find tight jeans. After a ton of googling, though, someone mentioned Nudie in some thread, and I checked the site out. And they had exactly what I was looking for, the narrow boot! I was shocked, and wanted them really badly, but the price seemed astronomical for me at that point ($200 as opposed to my $30 AE jeans). Ended up getting a pair of SJ Ecru Embo instead, and I've been wearing Nudie ever since...

As far as the popularity goes, I think it's just the culture. In the US, people have zero patience, so it's much quicker and easier to go to the mall and buy a nice prewash than to spend a year breaking in a single pair of jeans. I guess people in Asia just have a different attitude towards their clothing.

Max Power
30th November 2011, 09:58
That is a brilliant thread. I don't have any fancy stories to contribute, but will write down some sentences. And, btw, I would like to hear more stories here...

Basically, I loved destroyed jeans since I was a kid and my mum had to patch up my jeans every two weeks (first patches were cotton and didn't last very long, then she used leather). I grew up on the countryside and so I had beaten up and grass/blood/mud stained jeans all along my childhood. Then, I got into punk (at the age of 11 or 12) and ripped my jeans and bleached them. I remeber bleaching an old brown jeans which developped orange spots - I'm sure my mum's got pictures of that phase.
Later I had a short phase of listening to metal, with long black hair and leather pants.
When I lived in the Alps I did a lot of climbing, mountainbiking, hiking etc. At that time I wore mainly comfy skate clothes and cotton army pants.

But then I wanted to change my look back to "decent" or normal and bought my first pair of jeans for years - it was a pair by Vans.

Then I wanted to wear something special that stood out of the mass. That's when I read about nudie jeans and was fascinated about creating an own worn in jeans - brought back the memories of my childhood.

Well, then it all happenend very fast, bought the first pre-washed nudie, read about dry denim and learned I had bought the wrong pair for a break-in process, first dry denim (Nudie SJDJ) --> first selvage denim (Nudie RRDS) -->first japanese denim (Momotaro 0201) --> first Repro (LVC 201). Although I love the look of old rugged clothes, I found that I feel more comfortable in more modern fits. The Levi's 44 is my favorite cut ever, as I hate short rise jeans and a leg opening of 8,5-9" is what I like best. I don't think I will ever give up wearing raw denim, but I am not a collector (although I feel the urge to buy at least one pair that I definitely need per week. Ask Mr. beautiful_Freak...). My main interest is to get a great worn-in jeans and enjoy the way there.
So far I am sticking to my policy to only buy what gets at least some wear, let's hope that it stays this way...
Along with the search for info on raw denim came the forums and then my love for boots and shirts. Not that I wouldn't have loved them before, but it made it easier to spend that much money when you got people who cherish it...(Still, all my friends make fun of me for spending so much on clothes, but then, I am also the best dressed among them :-P) This is what keeps me in the forums, sharing the passion for fine crafted goods.

Cheers

And these are the results:

SJDJ
http://img847.imageshack.us/img847/8178/dsc00326hk.jpg

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8269/dsc00329wq.jpg

RRDS:
http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/3196/sany1306v.jpg
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/6523/sany1308.jpg
http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6309/sany1309.jpg

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4879/dsc00331zp.jpg
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/5186/dsc00334ps.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9494/dsc00335zx.jpg

Momotaro 0201
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/1258/dsc00338ez.jpg
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/1737/dsc00345rq.jpg

LVC 201
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2962/dsc01504g.jpg
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/514/dsc01511k.jpg

LVC 501 WWII
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/2226/dsc03044l.jpg
http://img812.imageshack.us/img812/9641/dsc03053v.jpg

IH 634 SB
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/6829/dsc05520y.jpg
http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/263/dsc05523l.jpg

Momotaro 0905 SP
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8731/dsc06053gy.jpg
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/588/dsc06057l.jpg

xEnvy
30th November 2011, 11:32
I started out like most people, wearing Levis I stuck to the 513 cut which whilst hard to find was the perfect fit for me when skinnier jeans were harder to find. From Levis I then found a pair of Lee Powells which I've now realised were raw however they got washed on a regular basis as this was before I had discovered raw denim.

After wearing these rather normal jeans I discovered Nudie whilst talking to a friend who lives opposite their store in Stockholm and gets a discount there, so after further discussion I checked out the site and instantly wanted to get a pair of TFDS as they had everything I was looking for. It was after this initial discovery of the brand that brought me to this brilliant forum. My first pair of TFDS led me to get a further 2 pairs of TLJs as I wanted a skinnier fit and finally another pair of TF sized down again for what I consider my ideal TF fit.

After wearing Nudies for a little while I realised that I wanted something more "hardcore" and I wanted to step up my denim game! Initially it was hard to find heavier and higher quality denim in the skinny fits that I love as straight and simple slim fits just don't work on me imo and don't suit me. This led to me searching for brands with skinnier fits such as Iron Heart and Flat Head but ultimately resulted in me finding about Imperial. I like their more unknown status as a smaller brand, and I was overjoyed when I found out about their SEXI14 cut as it was perfect for me, and that pretty much brings me up to date!

Kamikaz
30th November 2011, 12:05
When I was a kid I used to dress very badly.
I had no interest in cloths and most of of the time they were (badly) choosen by my mother.
I don't blame her, because I was the one who didn't want to go shopping.

Then, in the teen area, I got into hardrock / metal too and started to wear mostly black stuff, long hair, XL metal band tees, you get the picture.
I still had some blue jeans, and intentionally made holes into them because I thought it was cool to do like Kurt Cobain...
Back then I still had no real interest about cloths, but the jeans I liked the most were the not-too-large and faded-blue-ones.
The crazy thing is that I did not reallize why I liked them, it was just instinct.

Then a "fashion" store opened and I finally accepted to go with my mother to actually try the pants in the shop before buying.
The vendors sold me some decent Levi's with right cut and right size, and when I finally started to work and buy my cloths myself, I kept getting there to buy the models I knew would fit me well.

Meaningwhile, getting closer to adulthood, I started to become more of a real anticonformist: I reallized dressing like a metalhead is just another way of beeing a sheep.
Also, one bad side-effect is that I was not very attractive for womens (well, girls), and I did not even want to be.

Now I know beeing well dressed is very important in social life, and that you can still achieve that without beeing conformist.
I started to lurk into men-dressing forums, and that's where I knew about the Nudie brand.
I went in a big shop in paris during sales, and found a nice perfectly fitting TFDBC for only 60€.

When I got back home I saw that thing saying "dry denim, wear 6 months before washing": WTF?!
I did a search about dry denim and nudie, and found this forum thinking it was "Nudie's official forum".

That's the end of story, I guess. :p

Max Power
30th November 2011, 12:57
Then, in the teen area, I got into hardrock / metal too and started to wear mostly black stuff, long hair, XL metal band tees, you get the picture.
I still had some blue jeans, and intentionally made holes into them because I thought it was cool to do like Kurt Cobain...
Back then I still had no real interest about cloths, but the jeans I liked the most were the not-too-large and faded-blue-ones.
The crazy thing is that I did not reallize why I liked them, it was just instinct.

Story of my youth :-D

beautiful_FrEaK
30th November 2011, 13:42
Mhh...as far as i remember I always wore denim. I don't think there wasn't a little boy in Germany who wouldn't wear jeans. I also grew up on the countryside like Flo so the jeans got a lot of abuse on the streets, gardens, forests, fields...everywhere.

But I had a phase of my life were I didn't wear jeans at all. I had dreadlocks and wore cargo pants and cords. That was around my 2 last years at school when I did my university-entrance diploma (for the German guys: Oberstufenzeit).

But after that I wore jeans again. Mostly Levi's 512 (Bootcut). I really didn't remember why I choose Nudies but I remember I wanted something "special". Something not everyone owns. So my first pair of premium jeans were a pair of Straight Sven Coated Denim. It was a pre-wash with a light coated resin. Didn't wore them that much as I read about the whole dry denim thing in the booklet and got a pair of Slim Jims slowly after that. Then I found this forum and bought a bunch of Nudies (SSDS, MASA, another SJ, a coated SJ) and after registering at Sufu I bought April77 (was into those slim and skinny cuts which were "in" in 2007 ;-) ).
Bought my first Japanese jeans in 2008 (DenimJunkie DJ-501XX) and the rest is history :-)

Max Power
30th November 2011, 13:47
I'd kill for pics of the dreadlock-phase. Pleeeeeease ;-)

beautiful_FrEaK
30th November 2011, 14:02
I'm afraid I don't have any in digital form...and no picture where I'm right now.

Cold Summer
30th November 2011, 14:51
Wow, interesting stuff!

I've always been really tall and skinny - here at age 23 I'm 6'3" / 191 cm, 155 lbs. / 70 kg. For pretty much my whole life up until a few years ago, nothing ever fit right. In middle school, I followed the herd and wore Abercrombie junk and giant baggy pants, shame! For a brief period I even had short spiky hair with the tips dyed blonde. For most of high school I looked really sloppy wearing XL-size crappy t-shirts all the time. I just want to forget about those days. I'd usually have to wear big sizes so they felt long enough on my arms, the hem, etc.

Eventually I discovered Urban Outfitters and went through my whole hipster phase where everything had to be as tight as possible. As a result, shirts and tees tended to be pretty short in the sleeve. Then I got over that and arrived at where I am now - my style is a cross between western (I love western shirts, down vests, and that sort of thing) and Japanese biker style. Thanks to the internet, I've had much more success finding things that fit right.

Kmart.
1st December 2011, 01:57
Wow, interesting stuff!

I've always been really tall and skinny - here at age 23 I'm 6'3" / 191 cm, 155 lbs. / 70 kg. For pretty much my whole life up until a few years ago, nothing ever fit right. In middle school, I followed the herd and wore Abercrombie junk and giant baggy pants, shame! For a brief period I even had short spiky hair with the tips dyed blonde. For most of high school I looked really sloppy wearing XL-size crappy t-shirts all the time. I just want to forget about those days. I'd usually have to wear big sizes so they felt long enough on my arms, the hem, etc.

Eventually I discovered Urban Outfitters and went through my whole hipster phase where everything had to be as tight as possible. As a result, shirts and tees tended to be pretty short in the sleeve. Then I got over that and arrived at where I am now - my style is a cross between western (I love western shirts, down vests, and that sort of thing) and Japanese biker style. Thanks to the internet, I've had much more success finding things that fit right.

I know exactly what you mean. I used to be kind of chubby, not fat, but my clothes did not help at all. I would wear size L t-shirts and hoodies with baggy gym shorts, and they looked AWFUL. Then I discovered skinny jeans and went completely the other way; everything had to be skintight (like you said), and I'm sure that this actually looked worse at points... I was still not the most fit kid around, even if I had started to thin out. I think I'm still sort of trying to find that balance--I want things to be slim and modern, but not so slim that they look stupid.

Speaking of slim and modern jeans, anyone want to lend me $430 so I can pick up some of those IH 634s-B? :-D

(Actually, quick question about that - are the current 634s-B (overdyed black) different from Flo's pair? His look wonderful, but much lighter.)

hollabia
1st December 2011, 02:38
Interesting stuff... In school I wasn't much into denim. My first pieces of "fashion" probably were a pair of Dickies 874s and some Airwalk sneakers. All the rage back then. ;) I listened to bands like NOFX (anyone remember this green band t-shirt? my favorite back then), Millencollin and all that stuff. I always wore my clothes rather loose.

Then, when I went to University, I started to wear a lot more denim and was really into the destroyed look. I started to destroy the jeans I had, you know, sandpaper and stuff. Haha. I had no idea about fades and just wanted some destroyed Diesels.

At some point I wanted to know more about denim and stumbled onto SuFu and saw the light. That's where it all started. But to this day, my only pair of quality denim was a pair of ALDs. After those I always tried to find cheap alternatives. But this never worked out, to be honest.

This year I really got back into all the forum stuff and hopefully this month I'll have my first pair of premium Japanese denim. :D

Generally my style hasn't changed that much, I still don't like tight clothes and I always try to keep it simple. You know, white t, denim and some sneakers. That's probably the reason why I'm never gonna post a WAYWT. ;)

gorecki
1st December 2011, 02:43
the story of a guy who is still in the process of discovering the wonders of Raw Selvedge Denim :

to cut the long story short, i never cared much about what my jeans were washed. i just wanted them to look "cool". I grew up in a small country town in a peripheral european country, where i grew up being the "off the box kid", who listened to Pixies, Dinossaur Jr and Mission of Burma as a early teen, when the charts (and my friends in school) were about BROS & every other New "Kraps" on the Block and other euro trash. in the mid teens, as i moved out to take high school in a big city, i came in touch with the whole Shoegaze scene and right after the Gruge, especially with Alice in Chains so i had like any other kid at the time a bunch of destroyed levis 501's (by them i had a collection of some 20 odd pairs of falling apart 501's all looking quite similar) and . Life them took me back to the country to graduate in a University in the country side, where i them became a fan of Indie Rock scene of Pavement, Yo la Tengo and other acts. by that time i had dropped my looks into a degenerated version of a late 90's-Emo-Indie-Skateboarder using whatever crap jeans i could find and spending all my pennies of the University monthly allowance in Etnies lo cut bear paw sneakers (and other brands). then came the working times and with hard work came the stupid money that i started spending in my day to day work suits and weekend Designer jeans of the likes of Armani, Trussardi & Boss... all worthless for a denim enthusiast. not more than a year ago, while perusing for yet another worthless pair of expensive italian jeans ( i was looking for a deep black dye fwiw,) i stumbled in a levis forum (dont ask me wich one, i forgot already) where these guys were talking about the mytical 501 stf (a model we dont have in our levis retailers and official stores) with good looking faded jeans after a few months of stinking with your jeans on... but what did i see? just bellow was a thread about Sugar Cane jeans (what? jeans made of sugar cane fibers?) a brand i never heard of. the rest is easy to extrapolate... i'm about to allow a pair of S710xx to pop my jap denim cherrie (courtesy of the friendly and helpfull b_F and Max "Powa")!

Wow... this is the short version...? man, i talk a lot!!!

:shock:

Max Power
1st December 2011, 09:29
Speaking of slim and modern jeans, anyone want to lend me $430 so I can pick up some of those IH 634s-B? :-D

(Actually, quick question about that - are the current 634s-B (overdyed black) different from Flo's pair? His look wonderful, but much lighter.)

Thank you Sir! To my knowledge there is no difference between the Lots, keep in mind that mine are worn for one year and washed twice. And, btw., I am getting a "new" (meaning secondhand) pair in size 33 to solve my muffintop problems. But I don't know its exact condition, it has been washed once that's all I know. But you better be quick, the 634SB will run out of production, it doesn't sell very good. It seems as IH is jumping more and more on the skinnyyetsuperheavy train. But the BB and 666 will be continued as overdyed models.

beautiful_FrEaK
1st December 2011, 10:39
gorecki: if you have further questions about the 710, anytime dude :-)

@all: very interesting stuff!

IMO the 634 isn't all that slim, rather very normal and straight. The BB would be a slim modern cut in my eyes

Generally my style hasn't changed that much, I still don't like tight clothes and I always try to keep it simple. You know, white t, denim and some sneakers. That's probably the reason why I'm never gonna post a WAYWT. ;)

well..you do have to post some pics of you for the contest...you know ;-) but we won't judge your outfit. I'm also a guy who likes to dress simple

Max Power
1st December 2011, 10:59
Yeah, the 634 is a straight cut, but on the slimmer side (IMO, the asian guys might think of it as loose) and with a medium-low rise, so more modern thana S510 or S5000 I think.

kayodic
1st December 2011, 11:11
interesting thread... i enjoy reading all your backgrounds guys...

i should blame/thank one person for dragging me into "denim", he's our lousy moderator offyatree, we have been good friends in real life for 10 years? i started wearing jeans in early/mid 2008, and if it was not because of NUDIE i wouldnt be wearing any Japs jeans today. i still wear and have Nudies in my closet, i also did some quite experiments with their fits (super slim kim, tight long john dirty stretch, high kai rinsed, thin finn dry black coated, slim jim dry japan and tight long john gray check). i got Skull Linda as my first Japs denim, the rest are ....... and currently i'm wearing NFxMomotaro as you can see ;-)

my high school life was not that interesting since i had to wear uniform at very strict catholic school (not catholic all girl school luckily haha...). i was a tomboy and dressed like one so didnt wear much skirts besides the uniform. i loved to wear my basketball jersey shorts!!! ya know that living in Asia is just like sauna so i preferred my shorts back then. did i look good? not at all... since i didnt dress like most "standard" asian girls, my physical appearance did not help me either (screw them who ever mocked and bullied me...). After high school i decided to study abroad and rejected an offer from one of best local basketball clubs.
Since i lived in NL, i had more "freedom" to wear what i wanted and people wouldnt think that i was a weirdo. just like you guys, before i got into denim i was also influenced by rock/punk music, i didnt really care what i wore and i dyed my hair too! (geezzzz...). that was before 2008 :oops:

i'm still considering myself as a tomboy, i wear many mens clothes/jeans which i think they suit my personality too, gotta embrace my boyishness right? and most important thing that im comfortable with it. Since i turned into more hardcore denim addict, some good opportunities came to me (not gonna tell much, you might prolly know :mrgreen:). now i'm more than happy that i can style people and inspire many young girls (i once wrote an article about "denim and girls" for a local denim community). that's pretty much bout me :redface:

Max Power
1st December 2011, 11:18
Very interesting! Especially the basketball story...Thanks

beautiful_FrEaK
1st December 2011, 11:24
^nice to read about "our" girl and her way into denim :-)

oh Flo, S510 not modern, right. but S5000 very modern. I shall give you the link to the S5000-thread on Sufu to feed your addiction ;-)

kayodic
1st December 2011, 11:33
i know it's male dominated forum but hey.... i'm still here :oops:
and i've met some people here :redface:

no explanation needed for these dudes me thinks

edittt....... forgot mi amigo concret!!!!

Max Power
1st December 2011, 11:45
I miss lilldavid

zwer
1st December 2011, 14:54
Great thread!

Since I'm a noob here, this will also serve as a bit better of an introduction.

For about the last 10 years I was an increasingly fat bastard who could only wear jeans from American Eagle and the like in sizes that were only carried online. By the time 'fashion denim' (e.g. 7's, etc.) came to our shores there was no hope in hell in fitting into them.

However, right about the time I hit my heaviest a tailor opened up here in Toronto specializing in custom jeans, using Japanese denim. I had a couple of pairs made, but while I loved the denim, he really wasn't the best tailor for big guys like me. Proportions were just a bit wrong, even with a pattern.

A couple of years ago I decided to make an effort to get back down to a 'normal' weight. Once I got down to a smaller waist size, I bought a couple of pairs of 7s, which I lived in. Then I lost a bit more weight and managed to start wearing Earnest Sewn.

I used to be an avid reader of GQ magazine and started to read a lot about APCs. During a trip to Vancouver I bought a pair of Rescues and started to wear those. Until I gained some weight back and they no longer fit.

This summer I had finally had enough and decided to lose my extra weight once and for all. Over the past few months I've lost 30lbs and quickly fit back into my Rescues. Which became too baggy. I bought a pair of N&F Weird Guys, but those too have got a bit too big.

In October, after loving the colour of a pair of Nudies my wife has, I bought my first pair - Grim Tims. Perfect. And now that I've lost the last 5 lbs I've celebrated with a pair of N&F Slim Guy Left Hand Twills. I also ordered a custom pair at an event they had at a local denim shop on Saturday. I won't get them for 5 months, so it's good encouragement to stay at my current weight.

One day I would love to get some Japanese denim, but I'm still gargantuan by Japanese standards (6'1", 218 lbs) and the one pair of Momos I tried on in my size were way too small. I guess maybe a trip to NYC to Blue In Green could be in order.

beautiful_FrEaK
1st December 2011, 15:06

One day I would love to get some Japanese denim, but I'm still gargantuan by Japanese standards (6'1", 218 lbs) and the one pair of Momos I tried on in my size were way too small. I guess maybe a trip to NYC to Blue In Green could be in order.

then it wasn't your size ;-)
But thanks for the nice read and congratz on your discipline to lose that weight!

Max Power
1st December 2011, 21:53
^Try some Samurai 510 or S5000 or Momo 0901, they should be fine for both your length and weight.

schematica
1st December 2011, 22:14
Brought my first pair of nudies via the interweb, was sold on the word organic, not regrets as they are the best pair of jeans I've owned to date. The living color! it's alive!! and so a interest was sparked which is now become something more. I was wearing dickies 874 work pants for some time before buying nudie glad I've moved away from that cotton-poly pant.

zwer
1st December 2011, 22:18
^Try some Samurai 510 or S5000 or Momo 0901, they should be fine for both your length and weight.

Thanks for the tip!

See if my local shop has the Momos.

sqsong
2nd December 2011, 04:32
It is Nice reading through how everyone got "addicted" to denim! Thus, decide to leave something on this thread!

Basically, I was marvelled by how jeans fade when i was young. Like Some people, i started off with jeans bought locally and some levis. However, when i was 17, I got introduced to nudies by my friend and i really like the jeans! I bought my first pair then (TLJW2732) but sold it off later as it was too sized down for my taste.
My next pair was also TLJ but this time it is W2832. Still wearing that now! Subsequently, my hands got a bit "itchy" and i ventured into APCs. Currently I own 3 pairs of Nudies (TLJ,TF and SJ) and 5 pairs of APC (3NS and 2NC) and some other brands like Levis, ASOS and Uniqlo. Do not really have the time to wear them all but i cant seem to stop buying! Haha!

Looking forward to more posts!:)

bbcapone
11th October 2012, 11:23
Started off in Nbhd denim and then got into a few more japanese brands from there.

AnanaBonanza
2nd January 2013, 00:26
Nice thread ! Here's my little contribution to this forum and you guys as you helped me a lot throughout my education...and it's still going !
something like 2 yrs ago i started to work in a little shop that sells denim. I used to go there all the time as a kid (they also sell skateboard gears that's the first reason i got into this shop).
So later the owner became of friend of mine and he always got some destroyed ass jeans...mostly from Edwin, but from the great era of Edwin, he had some nashville from like 10ish years ago that looked terrific.
One day he needed help at the shop and he hired me despite his bitchy wife who hated my gut...
I work there and i got into it, even tho we were selling low quality like pepe jeans, ralph lauren, meltin pot....i mean you see cuts on those brands it's ridiculous.
He fired me a year later and I knew they were gonna start to sell nudie. I looked on the internet and i found this forum.
I remember i first bought the Nudie Bible from Max Power like right away ! after that i won some money at poker and i decided ok let's buy some nudies, i bought 2 organic dry (TF and TLJ). After 6month wearing them i was satisfied at all, i sold all that and bought a Naked and Famous. I had no idea about the differents cuts and stuff... I chose a Skinny guy but it wasn't for me.
After these deceptions i figured i should buy something more real, some nice quality jap Denim. I came across a selling thread where Kayodic was selling a pair of Flad Head and i never looked back !!

this give me the opportunity to thank all you guys over here, i didn't know nothing at first and i still do sometimes but you were all welcoming and willing to help. I remember for example when i bought an item from Max and that he took time to write me a little note in french, great surprise !!

cheers boys and girls

Max Power
2nd January 2013, 11:20
Thanks for the kind words, glad to have you round here. And yes, I remember you buying the bible (mais je ne rapelle pas beaucoup de mon francais ;))