PDA

View Full Version : Prewash vs Raw

aie_crawlers
10th August 2011, 14:03
Hey guys, i just wonder does the prewash nudie is made from the same material of dry nudie and selvage nudie? Because the price is a lot much expensive for prewash than dry nudie....some of them looks shitty but freaking expensive....

beautiful_FrEaK
10th August 2011, 14:12
dunno if it is really the same denim but as a pre-wash jeans needs a lot more work and hand-distressing, it's quite obvious why pre-washes are more expensive compared to the same model in raw denim

Max Power
10th August 2011, 15:08
Right, it's the extra work that makes them expensive. Exception: BDD

aie_crawlers
10th August 2011, 18:56
Fair enough...its just i dont understand some prewash looking soo shitty but the price is freaking exspensive than normal dry jeans....make me wonder....well i got some quite range of dry in my collection....n i just grab a pair of nudie prewash which in on sale grim tim broken black....the material seems almost feel like the dry black coated one...i mean its quite light.....but im not sure whether its the same material and happen to be like that because like you all said there's extra work to made it done.....

Wonder why nudie must make a prewash model thou their core mostly dry denim.

Kmart.
10th August 2011, 19:33
^ Nudie makes like 80% prewashes now. I guess there must be a pretty big market for that...

Kamikaz
10th August 2011, 20:02
They make prewash because thats what peoples buy.

And by peoples I mean the ones we see everyday in the streets, the ones who dont know what dry denim is and are ready to pay the price to have used looking jeans right now.

As a brand, if you want to make alot of money, its more interesting to target Levi's market than samurai's.

aie_crawlers
10th August 2011, 20:53
yea agree kmart....i think nudie do profit a lot from prewash model.....i really want to see they introduce new selvage in thin finn or maybe other fit.....perhaps do use some material like samurai or IH.....i like their material and the feel of their selvage but the fits is obviously is not my liking....even thou i size done like crazy i dont think it will fit me well....try it before and it looks so weird with me......

perhaps people like BF and Max will look awesome wearing it due to their body shape....:)

kamikaz: yer ur rights its easy to target levis market than samurai's....only core denim lovers know about samurai i think....saw few people wearing samurai and have a chat with them....the things is they dont even know about selvage or what kind of brand samurai is....they just simply wear them and wash them like every week....hahaha....its funny to see these people.....but the things is they can afford to grab this samurai while the real denim lovers think twice before can afford to get samurai....:)

Max Power
10th August 2011, 21:49
thanks a lot fot that...well, there are some alternatives if you're looking for slim jeans besides Nudie, Naked & Famous and APC, for instance these:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=715
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=547
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=338
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=621

(was too lazy, so only SE links). But if you search, you'll find.

beautiful_FrEaK
10th August 2011, 23:57

kamikaz: yer ur rights its easy to target levis market than samurai's....only core denim lovers know about samurai i think....saw few people wearing samurai and have a chat with them....the things is they dont even know about selvage or what kind of brand samurai is....they just simply wear them and wash them like every week....hahaha....its funny to see these people.....but the things is they can afford to grab this samurai while the real denim lovers think twice before can afford to get samurai....:)

I never saw a person wearing Samurai in real life except the one time, I gave my pairs to Maxpower :lol:
Well then, I assume they most likely don't buy them online or waht..dunno. Some way they have to know about it. Or they buy from Right Hand Distribution. But I can't imagine any other way, buying Samurai and not knowing about them, then buying 'em in a brick and mortar shop

laxlife1234
11th August 2011, 05:16
I still have yet to see anything except for Nudies and APCs worn IRL. As for the people, I am sure if you go asian countries you will find a bunch of people in the big cities wearing the nicer jeans brands. I mean it is kind of rediculous to see people wearing samurais and washing them constantly because they don't know how to wear them?... There is a somewhat rule to keep them alive for a long time.

Also don't be afraid to spend serious money on denim, you will notice a HUGE difference in quality the fabric is generally thicker, stitching tends to be better, they also tend to retain their indigo A LOT BETTER. Just overall I am sure if you were to get a pair of high wuality japanese denim you wouldn't be let down :-)

Kmart.
11th August 2011, 08:07
I agree, the lack of quality denim of any kind in my area is disgusting. The most popular jeans around here are Levis (not bad I suppose, but never raw models), American Eagle, and True Religion (ugh). Would be nice to see some Nudies at the very least!

aie_crawlers
11th August 2011, 11:19
Max: 3sixteen, urm saw it before but never seen it yet in real life.....does it really good? I mean the quality compare to IH or samurai? I like the material on those two really....but just the fit let me down...;)....

BF: Well there's alot of japanese here studying in Ausie...:D....Talk to them and they dont even know what is premium quality denim...what they is the brand is samurai...other than that they dont know anything...well i guess it must be its quite cheap for them to get it in Japan....compare to us who buying online.....well, somehow i do try some samurai from this japanese...sounds weird but i do! and they seems pretty blur when i first ask them....:D....but again yeah the fit just not for me.....again its nudie or N&F....so this year i save lots of money and wait for the summer clearance and i think i grab more than 6 nudie this time...:D.....well, maybe i wont be buying it anymore for quite some time......but really i feels like to grab some samurai or IH....do you think i can go and customize them...:D....

Lax: Yeah i agree, the premium quality are ofcourse bring us satisfaction......the price is not the problem......but the fit yes....ofcourse you want something that will fit you well....i dont think you want something thats look weird on you right....even thous its premium still i think if i am wearing samurai it will ridiculous...:d

aie_crawlers
11th August 2011, 11:20
Wow...thanks to mattias....he moved us into new thread....:D......

offyatree
11th August 2011, 11:21
Right, it's the extra work that makes them expensive. Exception: BDD

listen to this man.

I still have yet to see anything except for Nudies and APCs worn IRL. As for the people, I am sure if you go asian countries you will find a bunch of people in the big cities wearing the nicer jeans brands. I mean it is kind of rediculous to see people wearing samurais and washing them constantly because they don't know how to wear them?... There is a somewhat rule to keep them alive for a long time.

Also don't be afraid to spend serious money on denim, you will notice a HUGE difference in quality the fabric is generally thicker, stitching tends to be better, they also tend to retain their indigo A LOT BETTER. Just overall I am sure if you were to get a pair of high wuality japanese denim you wouldn't be let down :-)

and this man.

beautiful_FrEaK
11th August 2011, 15:30
@aie_crawlers: as you are into slim/skinny fits and have interest in Samurai you might take a look into the S003JP. It is Samurai's slimmest cut.
and about the price: it's not that cheap in Japan and I'm paying the same price, only I have to pay around 2000 Yen shipping which isn't that much of a difference in the end. but thanks for the info :-)

fairylicks
11th August 2011, 15:48
I wouldn´t customize any of my pairs except letting them fade naturally...

beautiful_FrEaK
11th August 2011, 16:05
...or repairs if needed.

Max Power
11th August 2011, 16:20
I see no harm in altering jeans. Of course, I prefer to get a fitting pair right from the start, but if you're betting drunk on bootcut jeans and want to taper them, what can you say against that? Right, thanks.

nabila1230
28th September 2011, 12:38
thank you brother, to share such a great and use full link with us, i really like it and i find it very interesting, keep it up
Fashion shows (http://www.fashionstylestrend.com/fashion-shows/)

Cold Summer
28th September 2011, 12:55
Bye bye, spambot.

On a sorta related note, why is denim (especially Nudie) so much bigger in places like Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, etc. than in, say, the US? I get it with Japan but can't figure out why 75% of people on Nudie's Facebook page are Asian skateboard-looking kids. Do Nudie and other denim brands just market themselves really, really well there?

Max Power
28th September 2011, 12:59
maybe there's a corelation between skinny fits (that are nudies main subject lately), skinny-small people in Asia and the obesity problem in America, combined with a patriotism towards Levi's, Lee and Wrangler in the US. That's my unreflected stereotype-influenced wild guess, as I've never been in any of these countries.

But seriously, the denim culutre (wether nudies or not) seems to be growing strong in indonesia and asia, and that without the japanese vintage influenced concept (skinny fits in raw denim, huge stacks, basketball Hi-Tops opposed to loose cuts & cuffs & boots).

cailuv
23rd August 2012, 11:01
You write what ah? I do not understand. Write Bedding related?