PDA

View Full Version : Sea wash X Drying with Direct Sun-Light

superheavent
31st March 2011, 07:22
Is it true that After we Do a Sea-Wash we Shouldn't Dry Our Jeans On Direct Sun Light?? Coz i heard some people said that it may damage our jeans or some negative stuffs like that. Does anyone have ever done this before.?

Max Power
31st March 2011, 08:15
Don't you wear your jeans when the sun is shining? Or when it rains? This answers your question...

Rotbart
31st March 2011, 09:04
It shouldn´t be that bad, but it´s true... Drying your Denim in direct sunlight can do harm to the denim when it´s to hot outside. Then the fabric can be "boiled" when the water in it gettin way to hot.
So, drying them in direct sunlight while mild temperatures out there: OKAY!
Drying them in direct sunlight while hot-as-hell days: NO! Better do it on a shady spot.

superheavent
31st March 2011, 11:35
Alright. Thanks Mate :)

Max Power
31st March 2011, 12:46
I still disagree, but do whatever you like. They're your jeans...

laxlife1234
31st March 2011, 14:43
So many rituals with jeans.... I can't keep up.

fairylicks
31st March 2011, 16:32
I wouldn´t let them dry in the direct sunlight either. Don´t think that it´ll harm the garment this much, but you never know. I would keep it like rotbart. The pants will dry very fast in a shady place, if it´s a hot day!

fairylicks
31st March 2011, 16:33
But if I do remember right. There is one guy who laid his jawnz into the sun for one month or longer. And there wasn´t a big difference afterwards?!?

starscream92
31st March 2011, 16:35
As far as I know, the only "aesthetic effect" you get by sun-baking dry denim is bleaching-effect, which is basically what happens when you wash your jeans with bleach, only in a much more natural way (and hence no worries about damage/chemical abrasions) and with less extreme results. This is usually desirable especially for those who prefer vintage-fades over extreme-worn-contrast.

Other than that, the sun will kill a lot of the skin bacteria in your jeans, and naturally refresh your jeans by drying out excess moisture it got from your body. IMO, drying your jeans in the sun is miles better than doing so in a tumble-drier :p

I believe members dr.house and Dr.Z had a guide about seawashing your dry denim. I'll try to find it and copy-and-paste it here.

^fairylicks (http://mynudies.com/member.php?11709-fairylicks)
Holy f*ck... Now that's what I call devotion :p LOL!

Max Power
31st March 2011, 16:45
But if I do remember right. There is one guy who laid his jawnz into the sun for one month or longer. And there wasn´t a big difference afterwards?!?
Exactly. I remeber that too. Except some bird-poo on his jeans he had no fades or bleachings after that month.

But seriously, what i meant was: if 2 hours in direct sunlight make you worry about your jeans, you should never wear them outside at all.

starscream92
31st March 2011, 16:53
But seriously, what i meant was: if 2 hours in direct sunlight make you worry about your jeans, you should never wear them outside at all.
Quoted for truth LOL

fairylicks
31st March 2011, 17:19
In fact I try to wear them only in quarantine room with a diver-spandex underneath, that no sweat touches the denim...

Rotbart
31st March 2011, 22:58
You can wear your jeans or let them into direct sunlight for months, the only result could (not would) be natural bleaching.
But did no one of you ever dry fabrics in direct sunlight? Take a cheap shirt, soak it and the let it dry for hours in the sun. You' ll get a crispy fabric. If it's bad? Dunno, but possible, so minimize risks! But it's still just denim ...

Always remember Fox Moulder: The truth is out there.

So, search your own!

nudielevis
21st August 2011, 09:24
I have got very good results with Sea-bathing my Levi´s 501xx shrink-to-fit jeans (USA-made). Did it again one month ago, after at least 6 months of wearing without any water or washing on it. Swim in the sea for 20 minutes, going out stretching up and down for wrinkles and than lay in the sun (it was 22 degrees Celcius outside that day) drying your 501. It will at least take 3 hours till it´s totally dry on your body.
Great result, nice feeling and still going on wearing my 501 day-in-day-out. Recommended for all dry denim jeans.

Never go outside without my 501xx.

shiuym
15th December 2011, 22:48
My answer is: Sun gives out high energy, like UV and heat. As you might know, when the present of UV and heat, it can undergo a radical reaction! which mean the energy from the sun can change the energy level of the object, in this case would be your jeans, this also say, it is changing your bonding order and structure of your jeans. Alright!
In short, I think there will have nothing change. Sometime i want to put my jeans under the sun to kill some germs (ideally), but sadly I am in seattle! no sun over my sky!