PDA

View Full Version : Post your retiring jeans here (last time you wear 'em)

dave523
16th May 2010, 14:13
There is a thread for new purchases and a thread for the progress of Nudies. What's missing is a home for the elderly, a Nudie retirement Thread. Most of us live longer than our Nudies and someday we have to part with them. Why not give them a virtual resting place over here?

I'll start with this RR Cold Wash. Keys punched a hole in my upper leg a long time ago, but now the right knee gave in. Gonna take em out for a last time:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7216/7320014962_08899604a6.jpg[/url]

fairylicks
16th May 2010, 15:20
haha. these look beaten to hell. don´t retire those, I would wear em for hiking or yardworks...

ThinFinn
16th May 2010, 19:26
^if i'm right, then these are some prewashed jeans, so it's kinda "unnecessary" that he continoues to wear those.
Give them a rest and go on with your other pairs...

nice thread though!...

swiss-jeansfreak
25th August 2010, 02:37
I'm surprised that nobody else has some retired jeans to post. But I'm more then happy to see this, because I hope nobody would retire and then kill his old worn out raw denim stuff.

At least I still try to rescue as much as possible roughest raw denim rags from the garbage bin and give them an eternal life in a safe and real place for ever

Max Power
25th August 2010, 08:17
I think that many "retire" their jeans because they don't fit in them anymore, but pairs that are so beaten that they get no further wear seem pretty rare on this forum. But it would be great to see some more pairs in here.
@Rodolfo: Would it be possible to post some of your most beloved pairs here? I saw a documentary about your museum once snd remeber that japanese punk who traded his beaten up jeans to a dead stock Levi's or the completely ragged denim jacket by this lumberjack. Would be super great to see some pics of them!!!

swiss-jeansfreak
26th August 2010, 10:01
Hello Max

I know, that it's hard to save or rescue old or worn out denim stuff because many people really hang on their beloved items.

But there are the 4 main killer events for worn out or not fitting anymore denim items: moving days, cleaning up days, starting a relation ship or start having a family.

I'll really try to start taking a few pictures from a part of the 7000 pants and 5000 denim jackets, where many of them had quite a long and rough life till to their end.

I have been in Hamburg 2 weeks ago, but didn't had time to check for vintage or rough raw denim rags

Max Power
26th August 2010, 10:13
^great. I'm looking forward to some museum pieces. Thank you!

swiss-jeansfreak
26th August 2010, 10:19
There will be a movie on Arte TV around next October about my collection and 3 other places including a denim factory called "Le planet en bleu, The blue planet".

I'll put the date on my homepage as soon as I know it

beautiful_FrEaK
26th August 2010, 10:21
Hej Ruedi!

Great to see you again! Yeah I also would be interested in some pictures of your museum. And of course of the contest Denime. In which state are they now? Or did I miss something?

Max Power
26th August 2010, 10:26
There will be a movie on Arte TV around next October about my collection and 3 other places including a denim factory called "Le planet en bleu, The blue planet".

I'll put the date on my homepage as soon as I know it

Please let us know here on mynudies.com, too.

swiss-jeansfreak
26th August 2010, 10:28
Hi Beauty
So great to hear from you too. I had a real hard time the last 15 month with two different jobs far over 100 percent so I didn't find time for checking back the raw denim forums.

Now I have quit one of the 2 jobs and will find some more time.
I was so busy that I even started half a year later with my Denime contest: It was February 22 2010. But since then I'm just wearing them constantly except during real hot days and as long as they are in stage one condition I still don't use them for heavy work out in the dirt.

I'll try to put some pics of them too in the next days and upload them. I must find out first the best way to do it. One question is how to resize the pics since they 're always over 3-5 MB large

swiss-jeansfreak
26th August 2010, 10:30
Ok Max, I'll put the date here on the forum too, pehaps just in this thread

Max Power
26th August 2010, 10:30
You can do this when using imageshack.us, when you upload the pics you can choose the option to resize them. Or you resize them locally on your pc using paint or any other picture program. I'd recommend imageshack 640 pix or a bit bigger, so we can admire them like they deserve it.

Ok Max, I'll put the date here on the forum too, pehaps just in this thread
Thank you!

swiss-jeansfreak
26th August 2010, 10:33
Thanks for your help, will try this out I hope to have some time tomorrow, too busy today

beautiful_FrEaK
26th August 2010, 10:35
Ok...job is more important than jeans (at least it should ;-) )

Do you have any programs on your PC which can alter pictures? I mainly use 'Microsoft Office Picture Manager' to reduce the size and then I upload the pics to photobucket and yeah, posting them here.

I'm sure 6 months of your 'light wear' turned them already in a nice broken-i n pair! :-)

swiss-jeansfreak
26th August 2010, 10:52
I'm using a Mac and have Photoshop.

A 6 month wear is still not such a big deal as long as I'm using them the "nice way" only. But I'm pretty happy about some nice honeycombs and first whiskers at the front side.

And as a crazy raw denim addict I almost can't wait too see their much faster aging evolution, when I start using them the rough way out in the dirt. But as the denim fabric is still very strong, I have to wait another year or two before this will happen since they have to look quite pretty beaten up before I'll downgrade them as "work jeans".

swiss-jeansfreak
28th January 2011, 17:53
After some people has asked me about the movie on Arte TV including 2 parts of my Jeansmuseum:

JEANS - A FADED BLUE PLANET/Planet Jeans - Ganz in Blau/Jeans, une planète en bleu:

The movie was already on Arte TV last December 2010 twice (December 9 and 18 2010).
But you can still watch it here in english:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xd1t4a_jeans-a-faded-blue-planet_shortfilms

The german and french version I couldn't find anymore

But here another funny link: Guys backflip into jeans:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1297833/guys_backflip_into_jeans/

Attention: If you try this it's on your own risk and you can get destroyed jeans
Enjoy