PDA

View Full Version : Syriana

Jeremy
20th February 2006, 12:48
There's gotta be people watching movies on the nudie forums right?

Saw Syriana, which is written (screenplay, the film is based off a non fiction book) and directed by Stephen Gaghanm who brought us traffic.

The story telling is similar to traffic with multiple subplots interweaving around the base, oil. George Clooney gives a great Steve McQueen style minimalist performance as a veteran CIA agent who beganto question his missions and the motives behind them for the first time.

Jeffery Wright...man i love this guy, brilliant actor, loved in Angels in America and loved him in Shaft as the loco gang leader. His arc about corporate greed and institutional corruption gave an to the ambivalence that's quite prominent in American politics.

Matt Damon's role as a yuppie analyst in Geneva acts as a foil to the reformed minded Prince of an oil rich gulf state who struggles against the hurdle of realpolitik.

Alot of people who understand Clooney's political persuasions well write this off as 'Liberal' trash (...god i love it when idiots think that amounts to a valid argument) But what i got out of this is quite simple.

The worlds and in particular the US dependency on fossil fuel is retarding progression for the middle east...and that becomes futile ground for recruitment.

Cyriel
20th February 2006, 13:22
Do they wear Nudies in this movie? Well then!

:lol:

Tobe
20th February 2006, 13:27
Do they wear Nudies in this movie? Well then!
you're so funny..... :arrow: sarcasm

Jeremy
20th February 2006, 14:07
well im just trying to add a little something else to the forum, cause it's dead most of the time...and the only interesting thing these days are new users popping up and asking questions answered 100 hundred times before.

Cyriel
20th February 2006, 14:16
you're so funny..... :arrow: sarcasm

Thanks! you too! :arrow: sarcasm

Don't forget I put a :lol: at the end of my post!

And I heard about the movie. I find it interesting too. I was just kidding man. I haven't seen teh movie jet, but I hear more and more about it, so as soon as it gets here (NL) I will visit!

Is the forum really dead? Let's make a poll of that question! :arrow: sarcasm

Tobe
20th February 2006, 15:05
well im just trying to add a little something else to the forum, cause it's dead most of the time...and the only interesting thing these days are new users popping up and asking questions answered 100 hundred times before.
I totally agree with that! also about the question thing!
I love movies and I think it is cool to discuss movies on this forum.... still waiting for your munich review, jeremy ;)

and cyriel my post wasn't meant to be funny at all.
so you proved again..... edit: affront against cyriel

sorry, I don't want to argue with you over the internet, because it is ridiculous! I just wanted to express my opinion and I hope you stop posting bullshit and start to post "useful" things.

thanks

Tob
20th February 2006, 16:10
tnx for the review.
no i havent seen it yet, sounds like a great movie to be honest.

Hmm, I haven't seen a new movie since ages. All i do is watching old favorites such as donnie darko.

Cant someone make me a list of new good movies that are worth seeing ? :)
Oh and good job keeping the forum alive.

Cyriel
20th February 2006, 16:15
and cyriel my post wasn't meant to be funny at all.
so you proved again..... edit: affront against cyriel

sorry, I don't want to argue with you over the internet, because it is ridiculous! I just wanted to express my opinion and I hope you stop posting bullshit and start to post "useful" things.

okay 8)

Cyriel
20th February 2006, 16:18
Last week I went to the Descent! DAMN! That was so frightning! People were actually screaming in the cinema! It's about 6 girls that get lost in a cave. And inside there are living these 'creatures'.

it sounds really lame (laim?), but I wanted to see it because it involves a dutch actress Saskia Mulder. It turned out to be the best thriller i've ever seen. I has great fear-moments that really get you nailbiting!

In Cannes it played and also there it had good reviews :idea:

Tobe
20th February 2006, 16:39
yeah, the descent is a great splatter/horror movie!
I saw it on halloween last year... there was a horror special in our cinema.
Really shocking and brutal movie with a kind of mysterious ending!
I really recommend this movie!

Jeremy
21st February 2006, 01:39
still waiting for your munich review, jeremy ;)

Oh yeah, i completely forgot about the Munich review :D I'll get my lazy ass on that.

Oh and Tob, i'll make a new thread with a list of movies in the last two years that should be seen.